Dear Devs -

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Elijah Seed, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

In future, please do NOT overlap events. If for some reason one event needs to be delayed to prevent overlap then please delay it. And then delay the events that follow.

I was counting on having this final week of Save The Universe to earn Grains to pick up a second set of the materials and the Kryptonite Aura through alts to either have them on an alt or maybe do what others are already doing - post them on The Broker or trade them for other items that players have.

Since your activation of Survival Mode overlaps this final week of STU I have not been able to get groups for the alerts or raids on my alts and barely on my main. For the previous five weeks little to no effort was needed to run these on any of my characters.

But with Survival Mode activated people have abandoned Save The Universe almost entirely preferring instead to flagellate themselves with the abuse that is SM.

I know. Oh woe is me. Boo hoo. But I'll bet a stack of Soder Colas that I am not alone in this sentiment.
    • Like x 4
  2. Kreachure Committed Player

takes ne a few mins to get a full group for STU stuff lol. u must be unlucky
  3. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

Yes. I am unlucky. I chose to play an MMO that started one event before the current one was finished.

But it's not all sad news. I did manage to get the materials and the aura for my main. I just wanted to get a couple of second copies to maybe, MAYBE, have something to trade for items other players offer.

But my bad luck wouldn't have been so bad if Daybreak hadn't decided to overlap events. Boo hoo. :(
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I'd rather just have extended STU, but hey...
  5. myandria Item Storage

Well, it was nice of the devs to overlap another event with Survival Mode, in my opinion. This gives players who are not interested and/or who want to avoid Survival Mode something else to do.

I have not had a problem pugging STU with any of my active characters. If I do get a slow period, I'll just run a few omni solos and try again; that works for me every time.

Try not to worry so much about selling extra stuff on the broker; there is a new event on the near horizon and the Halloween Seasonal Event in the future. I'm sure you will find items from those two events to sell.

You are probably not alone in feeling this way, but I am sure that many players have found a work around or have moved on.
    • Like x 1
  6. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

Once it became clear this past weekend that there way absolutely no way for me to get the extras I wanted I reassessed what, if anything, I could do to maximize this final week of Save The Universe. Since the answer was an obvious 'nothing' I moved on. I just dropped this note to the Devs in the hopes that they don't do something idiotic like this again.

I'll get the free Grains these last two days and call it quits. If they do extend STU as requested in the other thread I might give it one more go. But I do admit I am ready to see STU end. I just wanted the full six weeks as advertised. Not the five weeks and the "Good luck!" week we were actually given.
  7. Tolly Committed Player

Clearly not a good idea to ride events on a game losing high level players and especially support roles like tank and troll and even less good idea to do this in summer period!
  8. Time Warped Level 30

What about people not interested in STU?
  9. Monkeyboy Committed Player

Wow! I'm not sure Daybreak is going to honor a request when the reasons are selfish & no good to the community. Overlapping SM over 1 week left with STU literally has nothing to do with you not getting groups! Your only & chief complainant is memememe. It's still hilarious when people think the world revolves their wants.
  10. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

Bro really mad that he only got the aura and material once instead of twice