Lazarus Pit Water - Rage of Lazarus has got to go.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Aug 11, 2022.

1. jolaksi Well-Known Player

Theres only 3 things are not intended with lazarus artifact at the moment:
    1. Tac swap which refreshes rage of lazarus with no drawback. This needs to go. Rage of lazarus must be triggered ONLY when lazarus artifact in artifact slot.
    2. Rage of lazarus cooldown is not exactly 5 mins. Its like 3 minutes right now.
    3. Revive feature is also not 5 minutes at the moment. Its also 3 minutes.
    When these things are fixed Lazarus artifact will be in its normal state. After that whoever tells it will be broken artifact regardless, you either ignoring discussions made in artifact rework thread and ignoring devs' decision on releasing this artifact.

OR (this is related to discussions from artifact rework thread):
    You(not you particularly, the people who claims lazarus is broken in general) have never did Elite+ or didnt participate enough to what can have happen in that 5 minutes window. Its same for properly scaled survival mode. (mostly shaped around this post)

It IS intended to be a tank artifact. Thats the whole point of them reworking this artifact to aim for one role instead of everyone. More detailed comment on this post:
    Its kinda too late to remove the "best" feature of an artifact when it hits live. Especially when its a decent one when its properly working. People are just exaggerating.
    • Like x 4
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Nice points you have made.

If its intended to be a tank artifact, maybe they could lock Rage of Lazarus to be in tank role only? (Once the issues you listed are fixed of course)

Maybe that is the compromise.
  3. jolaksi Well-Known Player

The usage for other roles should still be there but this does not make the lazarus artifact OP in any matter and also theres a little incentive for non tank players to level up this artifact(plus people are leveled it way before artifact rework. Taking the artifact from their hand is less likely).

Only few situations(those are very rare) where a troll or healer or dps can swap in lazarus pit when they are 100% sure they will die because a mechanic indicates that they will die. Darkseid's omega beams for example. You know beam will gonna hit you, Superman is down and you dont wanna pass it to someone else. Then lets say everything went smooth and fight ended. (It is usually a fight that lasts less than 5 mins.)

I know theres someone would say: "BUT BUT BUT THAT GUY NEEDED TO DIE. HE/SHE CHEESED WITH LAZ PIT AND IMPROVED HIS/HER SURVIVABILITY" .....well thats the whole point of this rework. Like I said, the times of this type of situation will occur is rare for individual players but common in boss fights and people are exaggerating it in their minds without actually playing and experiencing it.

In the other hand Round 30; two of Superman's teleports instantly knocks out the player if that player is not a tank. Theres no way for a player to react to that to swap in lazarus pit. Thats where that player(troll/dps/healer) runs the lazarus in slot. And how many times superman will do these teleport moves in that 5 minutes window. Probably more than enough to KO once again. And I am excluding other attacks from statues / room mechanics. Add those in equation too...

Again its is supposed to be a in slot artifact with its current rework. No dps nor troll nor healer will or should run it in slot in a content. If they do thats basically "nerfing" yourself in hopes for surviving. (Ofcourse excluding very very end game stuff like Elite+ and latest rounds of "proper" survival mode. These are the contents where lazarus shines for all roles)
    • Like x 3
  4. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

That's why I always say, the devs will do what the devs wanna do anyway, regardless of our feedback :)
    • Like x 2
  5. zNot Loyal Player

I feel like the only dev that did truly listen to us was Charon :/ but i agree with you they will do what they wanna do anyway.
    • Like x 1
  6. xxsniperxxjacob Level 30

I must be frank with this but i don't see anyone dps/troll/heal running this art in place of their role artifact just to survive. Another thing is I've tested it and i have seen no proof of the lazarus pit is viable as art swapping in and out because it takes 15 to 45 seconds of having it equipped before you get knocked out to get the rage of lazerus effect. I must say i don't see how that is broken because the group is suffering a loss of damage healing and ofcourse buffs by doing so. Maybe i did my tests wrong but ill be testing more to find out and Uploading a video on it
    • Like x 2
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah I agree. I think there is a lot of exaggerating going on about this artifact. They seem to keep acting like entire groups are going to go in and just tac swap on laz pits every time a skull goes off so they can ignore everything, but that's just an entirely unrealistic premise.

This artifact is really not the drama some are making it out to be and then you've got the usual anti tac swap brigade just losing their **** at the mere prospect that's being put forward irrespective of whether it's even remotely realistic.

I mean if someone wants to put forward a video of of 8 people going in with Laz Pits to do that then I'll take it more seriously, until then though it's just smoke and mirrors and hot air because the don't like the premise of anything that even remotely comes across as "god mode" even if it's got defined parameters.
    • Like x 2
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I also haven’t seen anyone use it so far so can’t say I can upvote the issue. I started running on my tank. We just took a break at 18 or 19 for someone to run to the airport but it’s been pretty breezy so far and I’m a terrible tank. Hell, I’m using circes mask at the moment just to help stun the bot. I am ice but I’m pretty much always ice so it’s not like I switched for this. We’ll get back on around 7 or 8 and try to get to 25 tonight. So far, troll is just tac swapping cog and tetra cuz we accidentally got a preccer. No one else is swapping anything and no one is using EoG. I usually do but the bots burned us a few times so easier to just not plan on using it
    • Like x 1
  9. xxsniperxxjacob Level 30

Also i can confirm that the cool down of revive and rage of lazerus is only 3 minutes which is obviously not intended
  10. xxsniperxxjacob Level 30

A side note which i will only mention once here once and is unrelated topic which i apologize for having to bring up is are we not going to mention the elephant in the room which is the EOG which is still more broken than the lazerus pit artifact. You cannot tell me that stacking damage and supercharge is not game breaking, i mean killing proma in elite in 28 seconds?? With eog stacking you can kill proma in less than half that. You don't have to reply to this but EOG is still the most broken art in the game.
    • Like x 5
  11. zNot Loyal Player

Many of us agree with that unfortunatly the devs dont care if they did they wouldve acted already. I recommend to watch this if u havent. Also the comments on the video show how many are bothered with this.
    • Like x 1
  12. xxsniperxxjacob Level 30

I have watched it i will watch it again now and read the comments since it's been so long
  13. xxsniperxxjacob Level 30

Here is my test for lazarus pit water

Also a message for the devs if you fast forward to 9:29 in the video you will notice i wasn't taking damage from the clouds surrounding doomsday and i definitely did not use a doomsday plague probiotic. The only thing i can think of is the Lazerus pit somehow made me invulnerable to the spore cloud surrounding doomsday even when i did not have it equipped.
  14. Heywiar Committed Player

I have a lot of reasons as to why your suggestions are not as reasonable as you think, but I am not going to waste my time arguing with someone who will never see my point on a game I don't even like anymore. ;)
  15. Proxystar #Perception

If you dislike the game that much, why are you even here? it seems odd to make that statement, yet still hang around o_O
    • Like x 1
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

It's called passion, money invested, or false hope.
    • Like x 2
  17. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Yep, eog has been the real problem, not art swapping, but just simply eog and the way it works
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I don't disagree with you on the fact EOG is broken (or more broken) than Laz....but Laz was just updated to it's current state, seemingly to prep up for use (swap use likely) in things like SM and E+ where the likely thing that will kill you (as a tank) are the 1 shots.

If I were a conspiracy nut, I'd say that it was planned this way to boost spending on it, knowing full well that in a month or so it would be 'fixed'. EOG, while more broken overall has been the same 'broken' for a year or 2 now. It could still use some sort of re-work, but at least it didn't just BECOME the most broken arti in the game 2 weeks before a major event that would skew towards broken mechs and artis.
    • Like x 1
  19. zNot Loyal Player

Interesting and i agree there for sure. But that artifact isnt even needed to complete SM its that much easyier then previous sm could be the easyiest sm ever released.
  20. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Lazarus Pit sucked before. Waiting a day for your artifact to become effective, or an hour, even 15 minutes, whatever it was at 200 before the revamp buff, this artifact was made for swapping. All it needed was an upgrade to the time it took to revive. Rage of Lazarus was a great bad idea. Just alter this aspect of the artifact. Get knocked out and get back up again. No sweat. If anything the invulnerability should only kick in after you have stood up not before you have been knocked out, as to prevent being knocked twice and rendering the pick up performed on said knocked player useless.

As far as swapping arts goes, add artifact slots that are optional that sacrifice a percentage of stats per additional artifact up to 2 additional slots that have diminishing returns. The way that transformation card reduces overall healing and damage but ultimately having more crit chance and magnitude wins out, sacrificing a few percentage points of the major stats per slot would balance the player so that no one would be too overpowered whilst maintaining the integrity of the difficulty of the content. The first slot would sacrifice 2 to 3 percent of vit, resto, and dom, while the second slot would sacrifice 2 to 3 percent of health, power, might, and precision.

This would encourage players to swap less, level artifacts to max rank so as to get max benefits from having more artifact slots, and fewer dps would be trying to use all additional slots because the diminished stats. Scoreboard chasers would be held in check whilst roles could benefit most from using said extra artifact slots for that cog, or that tetra, or that laz pit, or the dks, etc etc etc.

They have a timer on swapping armories in combat, they should be able to apply a similar timer to artifacts. Also it would make sense that artifacts would have their own UI like augments. There should be no need to have to carry artifacts in the inventory.

Just some random thoughts after reading the entire thread, combating sleep.
    • Like x 1