Lazarus Pit Water - Rage of Lazarus has got to go.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Aug 11, 2022.

1. myandria Item Storage

Please do not "assume" that Normal raids are not toxic for kicking players for "any reason"; it is not isolated for Elite raids.

I still think "tac swapping" had something to do with it because my healer was outperforming the other healer in the Perpetual raid (2 healers, one controller, one tank, 4 dps).

A DPS goes down from a blockable skull attack. Everyone else survives.
    "We have 2 healers that can't heal!"
    I check the leaderboard (which I hate to do); my heals are above all others.
    Someone says, "Tac Swap?"
    I say "Not me."
    Silence.
    Kick.

At first, I didn't believe that I was kicked because of not agreeing to tac swapping. But after reading this and other threads concerning the practice, I am now more convinced.
    • Like x 4
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I can believe it happened but I think it happened for a different reason than you think. No one really cares if a healer tac swaps but they do want EoG. So I think they were lazy typing for one of you two to EoG spam. There’s 0 reason for 2 heals in pretty much any content unless one is running 3 greens and the other has one. If there’s no eogs, there’s no need to lose a dps really. Personally don’t care but that’s what’s become expected. I’m guessing the other healer initiated the kick cuz they knew what was coming. If it makes you feel better, I was called a lackluster dps last night cuz I had the least damage. 1st was 41.9mil, 2nd was 41.8mil and I was a lowly 41.7. That’s how things are out there these days lol. The interesting part tho was that we did 10 rounds of sm without anyone even bothering to tac swap and no one cared. All of us can and have but it’s gotten extremely boring to do so.

Also, just to clarify: comparing healers via the board is pretty useless. That other healer could have been all about shields. The board doesn’t show mitigation. I can run my water healer and have terrible healing out numbers but if anyone would look at what players took in for damage, they would understand what I was doing. When I’m on my electric or sorc toons, they pump out big numbers because they don’t mitigate damage at all.
    • Like x 3
  3. zNot Loyal Player

They definetly removed you for not art swapping and its toxic how people still sugarcoat this issue.. and devs still listen to them and wonder why the game is broken.
    • Like x 1
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Better than listening to you who spits out assumptions as facts. No you don’t know that they “definitely” kicked them for not swapping. You assume that because it fits your narrative that you have been trying to paint. Every single time anyone gets kicked who happened to not be swapping definitely got kicked for not swapping. Your assumptions aren’t facts. Hellstroke said it correctly. Maybe they did got kicked for not swapping. Maybe it was for another reason. I don’t know and YOU definitely don’t know.
    • Like x 2
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I have actually never heard of any of this before this thread. I quest I live in a sheltered world since I mostly only run any duo/alert/raid with people I know. It seems to me that I would be more upset with people who are more busy swapping out their arts instead of concentrating on doing their part to help take down the baddies.
    • Like x 2
  6. myandria Item Storage

This is the first time it's happened to me, and I was on a similar mindset when I got kicked; that is one of the reasons why I didn't believe it at first. I will be "taking notes" to see if this remains an isolated incident or if it becomes a new trend.
    • Like x 2
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Didn't question he HAD them....questioned if he maybe used some glitched XP(and it was pretty obviously a joke). From the looks of the video, on 6 at least...he didn't, but I'll take his word for it on the rest.

And thanks for supporting the game.

Thank you for supporting the game. Takes the pressure off the rest of us. But as Proxy is quick to point out(like a LOT), they can make any changes at any times to the game...I doubt you will get a refund if a change does go in.
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You must not play with randoms that often. I was kicked from Smallville event (the upleveled one, not omni) the other day because I wasn't using EOG. I was in 2nd place by less than a million to a 378 on my 375 toon and had 0 deaths. We finished the part where you put the doomed citizens in the pads and the whole while the healer is asking me why I wasn't using EOG, and that I needed to use more SCs as he was 'spamming greens'. Keep in mind this dope has died at least 2 times while typing and I had used 2 10K SCs already, but wasn't wasting it on the adds, but hit lady doombringer with it as soon as she popped.

By the time I got my labcoat, I was back in the HOL. Was sent a tell to 'get EOG'. And yeah...this was 'normal'.
    • Like x 3
  9. zNot Loyal Player

Really that sounds so toxic id be so angry lol if i didnt have eog and was told by someone to use it or be kicked. I cant imagine how many dcuo players got to experience this,the current gatekeeping caused by eog and art swap is definetly a good way to drive players out of the game and those players dont even make it to the forums..
    • Like x 2
  10. Trexlight Devoted Player

Jesus H stupidity Batman. If you are needing EoG in SMALLVILLE of all places, I blame the player requesting it because they suck so hard they need EoG to cover their embarrassment.

Sorry, I know not the point of the thread but wow that broke my silence in here lol
    • Like x 3
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You were kicked for not using EoG. Not for not swapping. There is a difference and one can not be used to prove the other. Don’t get me wrong. I think that guy was an idiot. But still.
    • Like x 2
  12. xxsniperxxjacob Level 30

Why did you forget that i also mentioned that the other option is make the arts that aren't worth using without tac swapping like philosopher some and dead king sceptor worth using without tac swapping. Why focus on the refund part of what i said. I could do without a refund if they would just do what i mentioned above but that would be a very long and arduous process.
    • Like x 1
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's been primarily a Troll thing, so if you watch a youtube run in Elite (and now I'd guess SM), you'll likely see it, but it's a DPS/Heal and Tank thing too, just not to the extent that trolls have been doing it usually.

And while artifacts were made to be swapped in combat, I'd guess they never expected anyone to have 4-6 'active' at one time, which is extremely doable if you have the correct config.

And they are 'helping take down the baddies' by increasing buffs, or damage, or healing or being 'indestructable' tanks(unless they get caught in inventory by a 1 shot). But it does upset the balance of a run and CAN create a divide between those who will(or can) do it and those who won't(or can't).

But it's action/reaction. If we get 'tougher' or 'more powerful', they have to create something that will provide a challenge. Wait till next episode where they add Elite+++++++ where the whole group will need to be battle tanks swapping in LAZ EOG as even the adds will 1 shot with every shot to counter act their un-killability. Woo hoo!!:p
    • Like x 2
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sorry...I did skip that part. I do HAVE an EOG (and told the guy), but it's not even 120 yet and I'm not going to run it over any of my 200s. So the only way I'd be using it is swapping....which I'm also not doing (mainly cause it's obnoxious...but also cause I'm on PS4 and it's not effective).

The point wasn't that I was kicked for not swapping, it was more that in a random group you can get kicked for any BS reason. I'd guess many don't even read the vote or look at what a person is doing on the board and just vote 'yes' as long as it's someone else. The fact that Stanktonia found it unbelievable that someone was kicked from normal for not swapping....when you CAN be kicked for any or no reason in a pug group, was my point....yeah...it happens.

I actually agree with you that Myandria probably wasn't kicked for not tac swapping....but to act like it's not possible? Nah....it's 100% possible in a random group.
    • Like x 1
  15. Heywiar Committed Player

????????????
    I have always enjoyed playing the game for the sole reason to beat the most difficult content and feats. I shouldn't have to be in my inventory for half the raid to do so. There's a reason why endgame raiders follow metas. Also, the game itself shouldn't be encouraging the players into this meta. Does "don't hate the player, hate the game" ring a bell?
    • Like x 1
  16. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

OH …. So this is not in current EG Elite content. My bad. No wonder I have never been exposed to this behavior before. EG Elite is all I ever will run or the STU Elite, but never again DWF. I don’t even want to run that again on Reg STU.
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If it came along with some sort of lock to stop swapping, that sounds fine. Guess I didn't read your other post. I also don't think it would really happen. Some artis will always be 'better', so any changes to the 'bad' ones will likely not work out and yeah....it would be a long rough process.
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I agree. People get kicked these days for the worst reasons. Funny enough, when I try to kick someone for speed hacking they don’t vote then I get kicked for trying to kick the hacker lol. So I don’t deny that these things happen. But I did want to make that distinction for anyone who just blindly believes everything they read lol. It was said to make sure zNot doesn’t run with it trying to use it has his “proof” lol
    • Like x 5
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Huh? It's 100% in current Endgame elite, but yeah...you could do it in FOS2 or Paradox or FGSR or any other run if you wanted. I was just saying....if we keep pushing the envelope, the devs need to respond by ramping up the challenge on the 'next' one. There is not actually an Elite++++++ coming (that I know of). That was just to illustrate a point.
    • Like x 2
  20. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I only run Elite with people I know, so … sheltered life.
    • Like x 1