Lazarus Pit Water - Rage of Lazarus has got to go.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

[IMG]

Before you say it's not 'required' find a group that is beating Elite+ or SM round 30 with no one swapping. If there are none out there...yeah, it's kind of required.
    • Like x 6
  2. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

Elite+ and SM are optional content not required. I see Episode content as being the ONLY required content in DCUO. Everything else is players' choice.

And I agree with those that say artifacts should be removed from DCUO. And if they are ever removed I expect a small refund of at least $50 for the hundreds of dollars I spent on them when they were first introduced.

If money is such a problem for Daybreak then they just need to go back to a subscription model like other MMOs have.
    • Like x 2
  3. Proxystar #Perception

What's funny is I bet every single person up in here crying about the Lazarus Pit has it leveled and is using it, bet they're even tac swapping it, while screaming "HOLD MY BEER WHILE I DO THIS THING I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO BE DOING"

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  4. Dene Devoted Player

Can't they just temporarily ban/disable that 1 artifact in SM? Kinda like what they did with trinkets etc in PVP
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Why not revert it back to what it was for the time being? It clearly needs some tweaking, put it back up on test for a bit. It’s been a pretty mediocre arti till today and now it’s the most important one in the game. That’s a bittttt more than a slight adjustment lol
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yes, granted they are not "required", Elite+ attached skill points to the feats making them a part of "progression", in a way. Are they needed? No. Are they a choice? Of course. Is it a form of gatekeeping because only the top cheesers and/or cheaters can obtain it? Absolutely. I still firmly believe Critical and Elite+ content should be treated the same as Survival Mode, in the same way you put it, "optional" for the added challenge and/or extra unique exclusive loot.
    • Like x 5
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

How much you want to bet?....cause I can use the money. I need more beers for you to hold.

Or have the 2 or 3 times I already mentioned I didn't level or use it just another pack of lies?
    [IMG]

I honestly figured with all the feedback there was no way they'd have let it go to live as is, but again....apparently it was a shocker that anyone is using it like they are.
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well in that case GEAR is not required either as you can 'play' the game by flying around town doing level 1 missions and beating up level 1 mobs in the cities. The whole game is 'optional'.

If there is a piece of content that you CANNOT finish without tac swapping, yeah, it's required. Just because the content is optional doesn't mean the requirements to get it done aren't still requirements. There are minimum requirements on content for a reason and I'm not sure I've ever seen 'tac swap 4 artis' as a minimum....although we all know it kind of is. If there is 0 chance of completing something with the minimum then it's not the minimum. Raise the starting point if that's what the goal is...but don't pretend something is not required when it really is. Or they should make a statement "4 level 160+ Artifacts are required for this content". More or better artifacts are supposed to enhance your player, not get you to the minimum threshold.

And I don't think they need to remove artifacts(or that they could at this point). The artifacts system, while it can be exploitive, doesn't need to be...we the users made it that way. Realistically you can have a good setup with 3 leveled artis per role, something that is doable with a standard amount of play and maybe a little money...sometimes even less with things like Trans, Strat, EOG which go both sides. With some skill, SP, a good knowledge of mechanics and gear which can be obtained by drops/vendors you should be able to complete anything...and I doubt you actually can unless you are straight carried by others. It's the ability to push the limits that has made things like tac swapping more mandatory for the 'harder' content and the hardest content was made harder because people were able to curbstomp the previous hardest stuff....mainly by swapping. Id say the same thing about any specific artifact being a requirement.... *cough* EOG *cough*.

As far as going back to sub only, that ship has sailed. Unless there is a DCUO2 launch, I doubt that would ever happen.
    • Like x 4
  9. Heywiar Committed Player

Exactly. I'm sick of people acting like this isn't a problem because their more casual or LFG groups don't require it.
    • Like x 5
  10. myandria Item Storage

No, because it would need to be disabled in ALL content, not just Survival Mode. As stated before, players are using it for Elite and Elite+ as well. Also disabling "one" artifact does not address the issue of tac swapping itself; will it stay, will it go, or will it be "tempered"?

Side note: Now I understand why I was kicked from a few Normal raids; I wasn't swapping artifacts for max performance! "Sigh" ah well, time to put a cast iron pan on my character's backside.
    • Like x 5
  11. VariableFire Loyal Player

The problem is that it's not the artifact itself that needs adjusting, it's tac-swapping in general. The whole goal of the reworking artifacts was to make near useless ones viable again. As part of a standard 3 artifact only setup, it's perfectly fine. It's when it gets tac-swapped that things get game breaking.

Moreover, going forward this is going to become an issue for every reworked artifact. You can't make something balanced in a 3 art only setup and not expect it to become game-breaking in tac-swapping setups.
    • Like x 1
  12. xxsniperxxjacob Level 30

As someone with 27 artifacts at rank 200 on a single toon i find this talk of disabling art swapping very disturbing and don't appreciate it. Over half of those arts are useless without art swapping and honestly i will be really POED and expect all the money back that i spent on those extra arts unless they make them viable without art swapping. Everyone on here crying for them to remove tac swappingwhen the consequences of doing that will really get the devs backlash hence why the devs are discussing options. Im just saying if i get screwed over because so many players are crying over art swapping ill be again POED. Why should i have to suffer because people want to cry over something in a game that they don't have to take advantage of but have the freedom to.
    • Like x 2
  13. Dene Devoted Player

Apologies - I was just thinking of it as a temporary fix, not the final solution.

I wholeheartedly agree that a more permanent solution needs implementing
  14. zNot Loyal Player

Can you proof you actually have 27 max arts and that you spend on them? „new player“ interesting.. and even if you spend which i highly doubt they dont need to refund you anything. Art swap litteraly does 0 changes to arts.
    I think the amount of money spend from players who dont art swap is higher then those art swap who claim they spend so much on arts which is mostly just bs said on the forums trying to get the devs thinking in a different direction which the devs need to stop and focus on the root issue and thats art swap.
    • Like x 2
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Looks like they missed a guy on the XP glitch ban....
    • Like x 4
  16. xxsniperxxjacob Level 30

I don't usually get on forums and i play on playstation thats why it says new player also you want proof you got it
    • Like x 1
  17. xxsniperxxjacob Level 30

• Like x 2
  18. Proxystar #Perception

I have 17 myself and have fed numerous ones in the past, probably at least 8 fed since artifacts released.

I've also got some on alts so having 27 maxed artifacts is not at all, even surprising, in fact frankly it's kind of embarrassing you're even questioning it, given how long artifacts have been around, the fact you can purchase Nth Metal and how many bonus XP events there have been.

A novel idea. Ever considered not playing with sweaty try hards then, if they're forcing you to do something you don't like :eek:
    • Like x 4
  19. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Man, you were not kicked from NORMAL content because you weren’t swapping, come on now..
    • Like x 3
  20. The_fair_1 Committed Player

This is probably the one of the dumbest things I’ve read today lol. Yes supposedly the people who don’t spend on artifacts definitely pay more into this game than those of us who have XD. Any opinion you have at this point moving forward is pretty much null and void to every single person who has a clue about anything
    • Like x 2