Enough is enough: What's being done about speed hackers?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by STsource, Aug 10, 2022.

1. kingmasternova Loyal Player

Why don't daybreak just do what bungie did with people who hacked there systems/ games.
  2. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Can you explain then to me, why do they keep adjusting the count of source marks in certain instances and raids, if not for the speed at which one can acquire them? The point I make is not unrelated. I point out that their solution would sooner be to continue lessening the rewards we ALL earn rather than weed out and punish the few "speed-hackers" that plague the game, angels to some and demons to others.
  3. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Lol, a few posts here just reminded me of how RDR2O does it... The longer you take, the bigger the payout (with a maximum, over there it's a timer). "Hey everyone, come farm X raid and slow burn last boss for 20 mins for maximum marks" XD

I crack myself up. But dang perhaps missions really should be 1 min per 1 source mark, cause either way players will STILL have to sink that amount of time in lmao
  4. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I keep insisting because it only exists in End Game.
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, but much like the hit counter, that might only really register on the client side. The run time is all server side, so could be logged and reported.

Either way....SOMETHING should be able to be a measurable trigger, regardless of what it actually is. If I can see with my eye the un-natural behavior when one plops in my runs, I'd guess a computer could maybe eek out being as perceptive as I am (just slightly). If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...it's probably a duck, not a confused goose.
    • Like x 1
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Sounds like you might be onto something there.

Tbh someone asked me and I know I probably shouldn't really care about speed hackers because there aren't any on Xbox, but I have a bad feeling they are going to affect us somehow someday such as the freak chance we actually merge or something (If we aren't already affected somehow, like perhaps census pushing Xbox players past Top 100 within 1st week of episode releases... But that's a different story altogether).
    • Like x 1
  7. C3alix Committed Player

Sounds good on paper and would be amazing in a perfect world, but we're nowhere near that planet. The reason why speedhacks are always around is because they're not just lines of code that say repeat this action in cut time when said-button is pressed. Otherwise the server would be able to count attacks followed by an if-than statement.

Remember: They're exploits, not simple lines of code.
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Except I literally debunked that by showing you how stats piercing lets your stats bleed into EEG. So no. Progression is not dead and content does get easier over time and that is a genuine fact.

You OPINION is that you don’t feel the difference. That’s one thing. But it is a fact that progression helps content get easier even in EEG.
    • Like x 1
  9. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I don't feel the difference. Throw all the numbers at me you want, if I can't feel that I'm more powerful then I'm not. But yes, micro progression is progression.
    • Like x 2
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Than go into an easy solo take out your sp and augments. Than do it again with everything. If you can’t feel any difference than that’s on you. But saying that there is no progression except in EG is misleading and spreading false info to other who may happen to read that.

Will you feel a difference after adding 10 more sp? No. What about the increase in augment caps? Maybe not. But those slight upgrades have been happen for multiple dlcs and they add up. Take off 100 sp from your might. Take off your augments that you leveled slowly over the years of playing. Those are forms of progression. Remove those and say that you don’t feel the difference…
    • Like x 1
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I like this term, "Micro-progression". Thumbs up for that.
    • Like x 1
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I get your direction, I do, but it's still not as major as you are making it out to be. Especially when it comes to detecting "speedhackers". You know, the topic of the thread :)
    • Like x 1
  13. spikeat Well-Known Player

I don't think they will do much about the speed hackers. Other games have script detection and whatnot followed with auto-bans. Or live in game admins to search for exploiters. It's not revolutionary technology but you'd think they would've done something by now.
    • Like x 3
  14. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

How can a PS player be on a potato computer? Are they sitting at their TV with the PS4 playing in one hand while using a computer next to them playing DCUO with the other also? Seems like a lot of trouble to go through to me just to cheat.

Yes I said it, speed hackers are C H E A T E R S !

And what is potato computer? It can't be anywhere near as good as my superior Apple :)
    • Like x 1
  15. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I'm literally right now sitting/laying down at my couch, with a cat on one side and a laptop on the other side running Skyrim, while the PS4 is plugged in the TV and running DCUO. Just so you can have an idea of how it can be done 1 way.
    • Like x 2
  16. Proxystar #Perception

That is exactly what happens, go to Walmart, buy a garbage $500 laptop (potato) pretty sure you can figure out the rest ;)
    • Like x 1
  17. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Still, seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through to me just to cheat. But then again, I don't understand cheaters anyway. They don't want to work for anything, they want to steal it instead.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    Most people already have a potato, just sayin - in which case it's rather effortless indeed ;)

The point I'm making is that PS players like to pretend they're an innocent crowd of holier than though whiter than snow angels, when they're anything but. bunch of hypocrites is what they are :)
    • Like x 1
  19. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

You can't cheat when playing on a PS. It's a locked down system. Any cheating is happening on the PC side of the world. I for one am innocent, I play on PS4, I own an Apple Mac mini M1, and I DON'T CHEAT. I worked hard and earned every single stat I got be it on DCUO or FF XIV. I never cheated and I'm not some hypocrite.
    • Like x 3
  20. Proxystar #Perception

wasn't meaning you mate, I was referring to the element within the PS4 community that like to pretend that PS4 players are innocent when they'll glitch and exploit everything they can, use a secondary PC to cheat then claim "I can't possibly cheat because I'm on a playstation and it isn't possible, only PC players cheat!".

Don't worry if the glove doesn't fit, what I said wasn't about you, there are many people however that fit the glove :)

I perhaps could have made that point a little clearer, apologies
    • Like x 4