SM Season 3..What a disaster.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lukain, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Lukain New Player

Can a developer please explain to us how can they keep messing up content after content?

Look, I understand the company might be dealing with short staff at the moment. I get that time is of the essence and sometimes as developers it's hard to meet dates, and the company/investors might play a role on how fast a content needs to drop. But, if something is not ready, it is not ready. Time after time we as consumers have to deal with either bugs, glitches or just plain foolery stuff.

How can survival mode drop with so many bugs and errors?

We have people who have already beaten this SM in less than 24hrs, because apparently rounds 20-30 are bugged and instead of receiving damage according to those rounds, the bosses are doing damage of round 1-10 bosses. How does this even happen? What about all those so call testers that reported bugs from the test server?

Also, the bosses aren't registering damage for some of the attacks, Baron Savage trident attack for example doesn't register sometimes (I was tanking and literally sat in from of him without a shield and the damage just didn't show). Not only that, round 10 kicks you out randomly, I was doing it it with my league in the morning and we all got kicked in the middle of the fight when the boss was half health (That was hours before the game went down).

Because of these issues a lot of players finished round 30 already, most of them calling this SM a joke.

I'm not someone who uses the forums at all, but as a player who likes a challenges in the game, and been playing for years this is kinda unacceptable. Honestly I think the Devs should just reset everyone to round 1, take away the feats and just open the server when everything is the way it should be. They did it when players glitched the artifacts, I'm sure they can do something about this too.
    • Like x 3
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Who really cares if some people haven beaten it already and if there's things not working as intended then report them properly.

It's also pretty hard to stop people from beating anything when they're just sitting there waiting to no life it the moment it launches, this happens it literally every single video game.
    • Like x 7
  3. Lukain New Player

Excuse me but that doesn't happen in every single video game. I would understand it if this game just launched and things needed to be sorted out but to think that this is something that is "normal" it's very incompetent in my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

which part, the bugs on release or the fact that thirsty people are sitting there quite literally frothing at the mouth to be world first and someone beating is entirely unsurprising.

You're acting like everyone's beat it in 24 hours

Both of those things happen in every video game - Also just because a bug goes live doesn't mean it was present on test immediately beforehand either, sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't.

Again, if things aren't working, demonstrate they're not working and report them in the feedback thread, people don't just have to take your word for it, prove it and it can be fixed.
    • Like x 3
  5. C3alix Committed Player

lol what?!

Every game has a patch release when they come out.

EVERY GAME.
    • Like x 5
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please report any bugs in the official thread in developer discussions. We have not yet reproduced any of the issues you're alluding to, but would be happy to check them out.
    • Like x 7
  7. Lukain New Player

I could give two cents if "thirsty people are sitting there quite and literally frothing at the mouth" or how ever you want to put it. But if I'm going to talking about C, I have to mention A and B. Get it ABC?

It's not my job to prove what is going on, like I mentioned in the post, I don't use the forums at all. I don't have the time nor the energy to be on here 24/7 to comment on every post that pops my cherry. I'm just a dissatisfy consumer that it's probably thinking what most end-game players are thinking about too.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

It is your job, because you're making an allegation that something isn't working as intended with absolutely zero proof of what you claim.

For all we know you're just unhappy with the difficulty level and are making it up, Mepps has confirmed as much above and reiterated what I've told you.

Here is the feedback thread if you need a link

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/survival-mode-season-3.324176/#post-4526525
    • Like x 4
  9. spikeat Well-Known Player

I like challenges in game too but why does it matter who beats it first? What benefit is there resetting everyone to lv 1?

I haven't been on my main to try it yet so I can't confirm round 20-30. Seems fine this morning when I was on my alt with the first few rounds. As for Baron Savage I think I did notice his Tarzan move didn't execute a few times.
    • Like x 3
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

From what I've heard, that happened within an hour of the server coming back online after maintenance XD
    • Like x 1
  11. gemii Dedicated Player

I agree please Reset everyone back to round 1 and remove the feats / trophys etc etc until everything is resolved. This is unacceptable
    • Like x 3
  12. zNot Loyal Player

I can tell you the damage output of the bosses is definetly higher in the upper rounds i didnt feel any wrong adjustments.
    • Like x 3
  13. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

There is no way the damage is balanced correctly. Round 30 can barely take a tank to 10% even if they arent properly shielding.

On 4-man people had to run 2 tanks because the boss would one shot all the time, rn its 6man and you can probably use solo tanks and solo healers for most of the high rounds.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

wait so you actually enjoyed every boss move being a ridiculous 1 shot, lol
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

lol
    • Like x 2
  16. zNot Loyal Player

Sorry but did you expect them to scale this SM based on meta powers like Ice and art swappers? This sm is well balanced if you think the game is too easy please help the devs to balance the game instead of asking for harder content while using every cheese method existing in the game. :) He hits superhard,face tank him show proof that you are able to survive it.
    • Like x 6
  17. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Ofc not, but it's expected that on the highest round of the hardest content in the game the tanks should at least have to worry about their health bars. Multiple groups were able to quickly beat Round 30 without wipes or tank deaths, in fact I've seen a group that finished half the round without a healer (???) and they were not abusing any exploit.

And we're talking day 1 of the content, people didn't even need to make strategies or take multiple tries like in every past SM
  18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Yeah! Who do those punks think they are? Odyssey?
    • Like x 1
  19. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Hey ZNot always great to hear your feedback:)
    Normally I would go in depth, but this time around I will keep it short.
    My opinion is from someone that beat so far r9;) (busy guy here sadness)

What I can say is the following bosses felt very easy: Von Savage, Catwoman/Carol, Deathstroke, Darkfather, Metallo/Vice, Beast Boy

Bosses that felt alright: Cosmic Boy(a.k.a Vampire Lord 2.0), Minataur, Superman

Problems with some of this bosses.
    How can a tank die for DarkFather? There is literally 0 moves from this boss that can get a tank kill.
    Metallo/Vice around around you go, someone lunge Metallo and freindship and rainbows.
    Catwoman/Carol they could be a huge at r27 or r28, but in their current position they are quite straight forward.
    Beast Boy what happen to you? You are becoming all the colors of the rainbow are you alright??

I could be here all day. Saddly, I can see some structural problems in the current SM.
    Carol/Catwoman should have been BoP - Poison Ivy/Catwoman
    Beast Boy should have come from MachineE, pretty sure he was all green there;)

Well not everything is bad, having SM back is Nice;)
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah doesn't have anything to do with the week(s) long testing phases allowing the groups to work everything out well in advance or the fact its basically a repetition of other previous SM's of which no mechanic now comes as a surprise or bosses these guys have spent months and months spamming in previous DLC's. No nothing to do with that at all, it's all just because the bosses don't hit hard enough, yea, alright, my bad, cool cool cool.
    • Like x 1