Lazarus Pit Water - Rage of Lazarus has got to go.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Aug 11, 2022.

1. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I know, I just gave that as an example of what would happen if you swapped EOG early.
    • Like x 2
  2. Ryll Committed Player

Removing effects on swap renders the cash cow useless for the company. For that reason alone I don't think swapping with be stopped.
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Not entirely true. There are still a few options that can be swapped for a quick boost. EoG for 6secs at a time, dks for the added 20%, philo stone cuz that will always have to have lingering effects because it puts them on the team, rat arti can go in and out during super use, scrap when you need to build sc a bit faster, and then just having options for different fights means plenty of players will still keep 10 per toon on average. We all have probably at least 4 per role now.
  4. Ryll Committed Player

I am intrigued by locking arts while effects are active. Have seen that line of thought come up a few times.
    • Like x 1
  5. inferno Loyal Player

Strange, while it was on test; I tested specifically for art swapping when the rage is in effect and even removing or swapping the art; if you don't get the required healing you do get knocked out. I could have sworn someone else tested the same scenario.
    I haven't tested on live as I didn't decide to level up the artifact on my toon.
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

#1 seems like DI shooting themselves in the foot. Even doing ANYTHING is already that, but people will still want an extra arti or 2 for swaps like different bosses, different mechanics even if they can't swap them 99x a fight. 2 or 3 swaps during a run (non combat) would still require having the extra artis. Yeah, people carrying 12-15 200s would be highly unlikely, but 7-10 would still be possible so some money still left on the table.

#2 I'd guess would be the easiest to program. Just a 3 - 6 second delay when pulling up inventory. Artis still work the same, and yeah...you could have some overlap or 'hot' swap them, but the abuse factor would go way down IMHO. Or have artis on a sub menu, like the augments so repeated dips into them to swap would be doable, but probably too cumbersome to do quickly, repeatedly.

#3 Seems like this would be a bugger to code out. But I'm no coder. Assuming it was NOT a bugger, this would be optimal

#4 I'd say this is the case even if nothing else changes. Any new artis (or 'fixed' old ones) should be assumed they WILL be swapped as they are today unless one of the above changes limits that ability.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

1. Nuclear option - is excessive and would on the day after done kill, all but 3 or 4 artifacts.

2. The cool down doesn't need to go on the inventory and doing so would impact other things not at issue here. The cool down only needs to be applied to the artifact slots themselves, not the inventory.

3. Is obviously the most sensible option.

4. Should always be happening anyway.
  8. Stark23 Committed Player

Server down, too bad it didn’t have Laz equipped…
    • Like x 3
  9. Heywiar Committed Player

Thank you for your comments on this matter. Artifact swapping is a feature that is seriously damaging game play and needs to be removed.
    • Like x 2
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Baby steps...
  11. Stark23 Committed Player

I don’t art swap and I disagree with you, which is ok. Not sure why it matters since you quit DCUO though.
    • Like x 2
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Not trying to ruffle any feathers... But if you are able to arti swap to laz at any time just to have a free revive, that literally sounds like the definition of "Pay 2 Win" if everyone is just all of a sudden going to buy this artifact to 200 just for that...

Cause, you know, you don't die... So you win.. lolz XD
    • Like x 1
  13. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Good Lord… this game has fallen apart.

Do we even realize what we are discussing?
    1. Artifact Swapping- not intended to be apart of the game
    2. Survival Mode-has lost its prestige duo to speed hacking
    3. Broken Artifacts- which people paid for, so NOW we realize it’s broken.

Wake up people- dcuo has lost its way.

So many band-aids after band-aids…. Nothing is fixed. Just attempts to fix.
    • Like x 2
  14. Heywiar Committed Player

I get what you're saying! Not sure what type of game play you steer toward in DC but all the groups I've ran into essentially required it for my role. I quit as a result of artifact swapping becoming such a major meta and I know a lot of people who have become increasingly discouraged from playing DCUO for the same reasons. I guess it matters to me because I don't like seeing a game I spent a decade on devolve into this type of meta. I do understand that not every group requires it and that meta's ebb and flow like crazy, but this has gone much too far for my (and many others) tastes. I have always been a player who enjoyed going for the hardest feats and raids, so I am someone that kinda has to follow the meta. I never wanted to quit this game, I just didn't see a reason to play anymore because all my groups and friends required I spend half the raid in my inventory, and that's just not fun to me in the slightest. I appreciate your perspective.
    • Like x 1
  15. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Honestly art swapping is fine. There are those that do it and those that don’t. Only people that require art swapping are the prec DPS cause they need a troll to triple buff them and spam power lol for the same or less damage than a good might DPS Lol. Art swapping is fine and is honestly the reason people even buy/aquire new arts. If art swapping goes myself and a lot of people would be expecting refunds… you can tell me all you want “art swapping isn’t meant to be a part of the game” and all I have to say to you is “ARTS WERE NEVER SUPPOSED TO BE A PART OF THE GAME AT ALL!” Anyone that’s played this game long enough remembers when arts weren’t even here. So the devs added in a new mechanic and people found a way to use the mechanic better than others. That’s literally a part of every video game ever.

And for the comments in Lazarus. It was on test like this. Pointed out how it was. They never changed it and released it live as is. Now you want to punish the people who got it because it became a good artifact? That’s like complaining that you’re struggling to complete content with no arts while someone with 200s glides effortlessly and then complaining that you don’t have the same experience… if you want it get it if not don’t get it but that’s your choice.
    • Like x 3
  16. appocolyps Committed Player

Posted it weeks ago m8

17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

This is an extremely toxic mentality...
    • Like x 3
  18. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

Truer words are rarely spoken.

I have never swapped artifacts in combat and I doubt that I ever will. I just don't see any fun in it. I don't fault those that do. If it ever becomes REQUIRED then it will be just one more reason for me to quit DCUO. Which I'm already close to doing as it is. I'm having difficulty finding fun in it anymore. But that's my problem and no one else's.
    • Like x 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Mepps?....did you change your name? No? Because I was asking him if THEY (the devs) didn't think of it....not appocolyps or anyone else who knew it would happen. I didn't even test it and I knew it would be exploited...that's why I avoided leveling it just to avoid the frustration later.

Of course we knew it would be exploited....some players will exploit anything available to them (usually the same people who cry 'too easy' later). I just find the theory funny that the devs only realized it moments ago. They either don't know their players, or how the game works if that's true.
    • Like x 5
  20. zNot Loyal Player

This issue needs to be tackled from its roots which is art swap its just a matter of time when we will have this type of game breaking experience back if they decide to ignore the actual issue.
    • Like x 2