Lazarus Pit Water - Rage of Lazarus has got to go.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Aug 11, 2022.

1. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Controversial thread topic as I know people have levelled this artifact for this effect.

But given you can inventory swap out Lazarus Pit Water and still get the Rage of Lazarus effect, staying alive and the immunities, something has to change with this artifact otherwise it trivialises the entire game.

Something needs to be done about this artifact ASAP, it is broken and exploitable. By far the most broken artifact in the game.

This artifact has gone too far.
    • Like x 8
  2. appocolyps Committed Player

Called this weeks ago as soon as they announced it.
    • Like x 2
  3. Heywiar Committed Player

They honestly just need to get rid of artifact swapping in combat.
    • Like x 13
  4. WillkillsM New Player

No. I love the artifact and its well deserved after all the years of bs handed down on us, but as usual anytime something good happens cry babies will be cry babies. If you don't like it don't use it or have your team use it, its that simple.
    • Like x 5
  5. Extinction Active Player

Disagree, keep it at is until the whole artifact swap gets truly resolved: you remove an artifact, loose any and all it's benefits/cooldowns/everything related, otherwise keep them coming brokingly fair for everyone.
    • Like x 6
  6. Proxystar #Perception

This - Leave the artifact as it is, its perfectly fine, they just need to have artifact effects cease and begin upon removal and application of the artifact - demanding a nerf to this is ridiculous when the problem isn't the artifact it's something else entirely.

You're not asking for a proper fix, you're asking for a band aid because you don't like what it'll do to your other sweaty tac swapping with things like 'cough' EOG
    • Like x 6
  7. zNot Loyal Player

Mepps - now its time to act and handle the art swap :)
    • Like x 2
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And this is why I (as a tank), thought about....then didn't put 1 drop of XP into it a few weeks back. I'd be surprised if it makes it till the end of SM without some changes to 'fix' it....making it useless again.

BTW....Not saying it SHOULD be nerfed....just saying it will be as the alternative would be to do something about excessive arti swapping....which they won't do as it would lose them money be a technical difficulty.
    • Like x 2
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

Artifact isnt the problem its the Art swapping. As others have said, the effects need to removed upon removal. If folks provide examples of this with videos and such, it needs to be reported directly to the Exploit section of the forum.
    • Like x 9
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

It's not technically an exploit though. If you do a weapon combo and then take off cog and put on tetra as a controller should we report them for exploiting? That's exactly what is happening with Lazarus Pit. You have the art one, swap it off and take damage to trigger the no death state, heal and then put the artifact on. It's unfortunate that all artifacts have been setup that way, tetra-cog-flute-dks etc
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are discussing options.

Edit: I get what constitutes an exploit vs. unintended okay behavior vs. feature can have some gray area. This is an exploit because uncommon sense dictates an invulnerability artifact...upsets the ecosystem.
    • Like x 15
  12. Trexlight Devoted Player

Tbh, yes. If you have an Art that gives a Buff and remove that Art, you should have the buff removed. Item Buffs work like that in many other games but its a register thats missing here which is strange and now here we are.
    • Like x 7
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

100%, if the tech existed to have the buff stop applying after the artifact was unslotted that would fix everything and even tone down art swapping that players are concerned with because there wouldn't be a sense for controllers to swap those 8-10 artifacts now.
    • Like x 5
  14. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Salt & Pepper sing: “Clamp it! Clamp it real good!”
    • Like x 4
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

While I do think that Rage of Lazarus needs to be looked into, I also think this will be the straw that broke the camel's back for artifact/inventory swapping going forward, leading to a few options:

1. Remove artifact swapping altogether. That said, levelling swap artifacts is bringing in money for the game as endgame players utilise that.

2. Have a cooldown on going into inventory while in combat. This is a 'middle ground' where players who have levelled swap in artifacts can still use them, but not all the time and there is more moderation on this.

3. A general update on how artifact passives work when the artifact is no longer equipped - if this even remains a thing. For example if you swapped in Eye of Gemini and then used a supercharge, and then swapped out of Eye of Gemini, Pollux's Gaze/Castor's Watch would be immediately cancelled and animation would disappear (and the proc wouldn't go off). This would still work for some artifacts but not others, like if you swapped in Dead King's Scepter and used an Orbital Strike while DKS is equipped this would still work. Any buff/debuff passive artifacts would be most affected by this also.

4. Future artifacts would need to be considered with artifact swapping in mind so nothing releases in a broken state.
    • Like x 3
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Gotta ask then....did you really thing no one would realize that is basically what it could be? Seems like that uncommon sense would have brought that up before or during test.
    • Like x 2
  17. EconoKnight XIII Legion

But isn’t this always the case? Survival Mode comes around and something is there to let the FoDCUO (Friends of DCUO) get their rewards; and then the door is slammed shut to make sure the riff raff don’t get the same.

Seriously - how long was this artifact on test? And this was still allowed to hit live just in time to be tac swapped for Survival Mode.
    • Like x 2
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I know players are pushing for that without taking into account other possible fixes and i'm never the player to cry out for compensation. But you best believe if artifact swapping is removed completely I expect adequate compensation for numerous artifact levels. 41 artifacts in the game and players want to make all of them useless besides Transformation-Strategist-Solar Ampifier/Eye of Gemini for DPS, because there would be absolutely no reason to run any other artifact combo besides those. So Philo Stone, DKS, quislet , grim , venom wrist dispenser , compu's, lernaea's, flute all 100% useless artifacts
    • Like x 1
  19. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Option 1 is not my personal preferred option. 2 or 3 are better compromises.
    • Like x 1
  20. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again cuz most don’t realize it: getting rid of the lingering effects will do nothing to EoG. Everyone uses it the same way: swap it in, use a super do a rotation and THEN swap it back out. You never swap it till the circle is gone because that would be a loss of damage since you’re in your inventory instead of doing more damage. I’m not against the effects going away once an arti is swapped but it needs to be clear that that change will not affect EoG tac swapping at all. The only ones it will effect are the buff troll ones. And now Lazarus. Even the rat one could be left on till after it’s effects are done. Would be a harder swap combined with EoG so most would just drop the rat arti.