Survival Mode Speed Hackers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stag, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Stag Active Player

Mepps, will you be keeping an eye out for speed hackers for tomorrow Survival mode??
  2. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Of course I'm sure they will keep an eye on it. They however can only do so much in trying to prevent it. If you happen to be in a group with one, just leave and report them. That's the best course of action.
    • Like x 3
  3. C3alix Committed Player

It's the most basic feature.
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I wouldn’t be so sure. Speed hackers advertise selling carry services in LFG during Survival Mode.
    • Like x 2
  5. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Nah man, the devs have bigger fish to fry, like nerfing the source marks of instances (outliers) players like to run. /s
    • Like x 3
  6. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Do you know of anyone that was banned for doing so in the previous SM? Not just for hacking, but for running with a hacker.

I was fuming so much when I was arguing with one person who admitted to paying a hacker and still not being banned during the previous season. I wish I had saved that sod's name to see if they can still log or not.
    • Like x 3
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Psh. The same names doing it in the first week were still spamming the availability of their services in the final week. Unless they were making brand new accounts and switching around l’s and I’s, they were ban-free.

Edit: Doh! I coulda sworn you were replying to me. Ah well, my statement still merits addition to the topic.
    • Like x 2
  8. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

At this point, I'm recommending the same course of action as the development team would, and has before. So probably not productive to shoot the messenger.
  9. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

[IMG]

advertisement for speed hackers are everywhere
    • Like x 6
  10. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Boy it'll be interesting to see who gets what feats the fastest on the census and what Leagues they run with so you can go "oh yeah I remember seeing them in that stream for TSWe, they're great players", right? Oh wait census is down right now, nevermind that I guess...
  11. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Wasn't shooting or anything. Just wanted to know if you knew of any banned examples to know if this works or not, because going by the last LM, it doesn't seem good. :(
  12. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

It must work to a degree if the developers recommend that set of actions. From what I understand, it's not the banning of the accounts that's difficult, but how many new accounts spring up in response to it.
  13. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

That's just authority bias.
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Every single time nothing is done about it. This time, nothing will be done about it.
    • Like x 4
  15. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mepps, will you be keeping an eye out for speed hackers for tomorrow Survival mode or am i safe to go??

Sorry, i couldnt resist.
  16. LittleRatTail New Player

I hope they do. Speed Hackers really take away from the experience of SM and the competitive nature of it. It becomes almost pointless to run because of them.
    If they do get banned I hope the bans stay. Too often players banned for criminal activity have been unbanned and even allowed to keep their stuff.
  17. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

18. Irvynnge Loyal Player

yup. they were shouting in lfg this morning on the EU. apparently, it costs 300 million a round. & the worst bit is if you do call them out, a whole bunch of other players will turn on you & tell you to " f**k off, & mind your own business." it's blatant in game. they don't care. they know that the devs won't do anything. see them all the time on the EU now, not just in SM, spamming the open world bounties. Wonderverse, Legion, Doomed Washington. I hate them. genuinely, hate them.
    • Like x 4
  19. GermanM Committed Player

Agree with you, bro. Like i said in another thread of this forum. Speedhackers are now like a mafia of South America. They have grow to much to be fighted. Maybe a lot of then are great costumers of the game and pay a lot for badges and other things, maybe the devs are "ok" with them around because is something that dont impact directly in their incomes.
    Maybe a dev is on the dark side and help a hacker to create the hack... I really dont know, but this problem have years and they do little or nothing to solve it. Some people who dont hack pay then to get hard feats, stuff and now SM... is like a country without law here. The game should name Wild West Universe Online.
    • Like x 2
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not sure why they couldn't do much. Seems pretty easy, if round 1 in a group with 378s takes 10 min (not sure if that's right...just a number I pulled out of my....ear), and some groups are finishing in 1 min, that seems like it should set off a few bells and whistles.

And if they don't have these logs by now....Well I guess it just matter to them much.
    • Like x 2