QoL: Buff Display

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by coldchilln88, Aug 10, 2022.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

This should of been thought of long ago and maybe it has but just not implemented. Any other mmo I've played there's been an option to toggle on a HUD for buffs that are applied and their respective cooldowns. With all of the artifacts, allies, tac mods, gen mod buffs, I think its way past due to get actual buff displays on the screen if you choose to toggle it on. Having a debuff or buff display under the names for grounded defense power over time etc just isnt good enough anymore.
    • Like x 8
  2. Miserable Dedicated Player

+1

This is something the game desperately needs, and like you said, many other games have. Something like small icons somewhere around the power tray with the normal red cooldown visual would be a huge enhancement to gameplay.
    • Like x 1
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Oh, I'm down for this. Maybe if they actually get the feat tracking UI working, they can utilize that tech for this kind of thing.

The F1 display is sad. Sometimes it doesn't even show the name of what buff you have active from.
    • Like x 1
  4. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Even on old games that ran on UE3 like tera this was possible. Its definitely not even a tech thing, how could it be? Games older or as old as this running on the same engine did it. Its just a matter of actually doing it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

+1

It would also be nice to see the remaining timer on buffs (like Compound Omegas, Nth Metal Detectors, etc.) in the "Current Effects" list, instead of it just showing the overall length.
  6. BumblingB I got better.

"Tech" refers to code used, not hardware. BUT it's not the age that is the problem, it's the original code and how they made it that is. The game was basically forced to work on the PS3, so it was not made very modular. So adding new features on top have to be kind of hammered into it and pray it doesn't break something from the "Legacy Code". They have built new tech on top that has allowed them to add new features, so it's good there.
  7. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

It shouldnt be referred to as tech then. Thats an entirely different thing than actual coding. If the original coding of the game is so entangled that they can't spin that thats one thing. The PS3 version was a mess I know. But anyone saying tech would immediately think hardware. So given that, then its just a matter of figuring out how to code it. So just an unwillingness to actually put the time into to do it
    • Like x 1
  8. BumblingB I got better.

I'm just using the terminology that the devs themselves have used.

Also, coming from me, who has worked with programming before switching to art, tech can be a proper use of the word. It's often building a tool within the code that allows for new features being added.

In any regard, the code isn't very modular and they have to build "tools" to make new features work. Sound better? FWIW, you will probably still get the devs saying "tech", but at least now you know that it means software, not hardware. :)
  9. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

fair enough. neither here nor there but they game should implement this. its a bit ridiculous we cant track feats or have this feature at this stage in the game.
    • Like x 1
  10. Kreachure Committed Player

I agree. Buff display should be updated!
  11. Spood Boost Well-Known Player

+1 on this QOL change
  12. DarkMastery Active Player

It is very frustrating QOL improvements take long but the feat tracker should of been implemented long ago with each release it gets worse and worse just to scroll and scroll .