Enough is enough: What's being done about speed hackers?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by STsource, Aug 10, 2022.

1. STsource Well-Known Player

The game is literally plagued with speed hackers and nothing is being done about; Infact, the community is accepting them.

I understand there is a report process but why is there anti-cheat software? it's becoming a big problem whether they farm source marks or smash through elite like its nothing. Yeah, they can make new characters but so what? there should be a system in place to ban them permanently.

Just so frustrating!
    • Like x 12
  2. Irvynnge Loyal Player

wack-a-mole.
    • Like x 3
  3. Proxystar #Perception

It would seem this game is either incapable of implementing or the development team is unwilling to implement proper, effective, real time anti cheat systems.

As long as that continues to be a problem, it's only going to get worse it isn't just PC people doing it either, PS players are doing it on potato computers and just running in the group while they speed hack the instance with their potato.

It's pathetic and devs you really need to start taking it more seriously, it is getting pretty bad.
    • Like x 8
  4. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

Give me tools and 1000 $ per month and i work 4-8 hours per day to get rid all of them i can also get rid of all money salers spamers and stuff like that .
    • Like x 1
  5. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

They gotta punish players who run with speed hackers because just going after PC hacker accounts won't stop the problems.
    • Like x 4
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Unfortunately a lot of these hackers go unreported for various reasons. There are some who don’t mind running with them because they feel entitled to faster runs. Others just don’t care either way. Some do care but don’t want to leave the game to report (to many steps). And then you have the few who report.

The game needs anti cheat software. And it also needs a way to report in game instead of having to leave the game all together.
    • Like x 18
  7. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I say clamp 'em. That always works right?
    • Like x 7
  8. GermanM Committed Player

I believe the devs dont wanna touch them, because if they get banned the servers will loose a lot of people, and this is a small community so...
    Besides i bet some of then pay a lot for reply badges and stuff so... is like a goverment of a south america who allow corruption because the cost of fight them will be more higher then the benefits.
    And i say this because im from South America and well... i know how those things works xD.
    The other option is... Maybe one of the devs is in the dark side of the force and pass de code of the game to the hackers so they can continue doing the speedhack.
    • Like x 2
  9. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

If I may speak candidly on the subject I never understood why action cannot and never really has been taken. Even when we hear on the forums that they are taking action all the names that everyone in the community already knows speed hacks they are still around and no one can even see anyone missing. Now with the census api down since June I personally can't even show the speed hacking going on, not that it does anything but at least 1000's will see their in-game names pop up in the video, so really we are just all helpless.

There are even twitch streams where a player is actively speed hacking and the stream doesn't even go down and these players are flaunting to the game they can speed hack and keep their accounts or make a new one easily and even promote their discord where you can either buy carries or buy the speed hack tool itself.

SM is one of the biggest examples of rampant speed hacking in this game and I have no real expectation that anything will be done.
    • Like x 13
  10. BumblingB I got better.

I've been running into speed hackers a lot more as of late. They used to be in just random open worlds or in closed premade teams, but now they are jumping into every bit of content. (Including the super easy event stuff, like honestly?) It does feel like they are taking advantage of the understaffing going on due to the mass dev theft of '22.

Since they have been on overdrive, it is actually snowballing the reason why. Right now, players are the ones that have to report it. If they report one, they have to go to their email to do so. Then they see another, another, and another. Having to go into my email to report every one I see, I'll just stop doing it. I'm not getting paid, I'm paying for it.
    • Like x 9
  11. Irvynnge Loyal Player

" oh, you! " ( shakes fist ).
    • Like x 2
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

And ppl always act like I don't know what I'm talking about when I say WHY I would never want Xbox to merge with PC...
    • Like x 1
  13. inferno Loyal Player

I think more of them like the hydra, cut one head and 2 will take its place.
    • Like x 2
  14. Controller Devoted Player

[IMG]

Thankfully I haven't ran into any "lately" but when I was doing a FP elite Duo a few months ago and the player was obviously speed hacking I was shocked because I'd never seen it until then.

What floored me was when they asked me brazenly "Are you going to stay or leave?"

lol.
    • Like x 1
  15. RTX Well-Known Player

As a Game Developer(More into 3D Art) and Hacker myself, i might can give some detail on why its not done or isnt as simple as it seems. (I´m not one of those Speedhackers).

Lets just assume it would work to implement an Anti-Cheat solution, it obviously wont be free for the company. Then there nearly is no popular Anti-Cheat which can´t be bypassed easily. You could go and implement a "Kernel-based" protection like Valorant did with their Vanguard, that however would require up to date systems (Windows 10 and higher). Then we have to talk about other questions like privacy, performance etc. and people which might be unable or have trouble to play.

However, while that all sounds bad and like nothing really could be done, or is done. I have to answer with "You´re wrong".

For example: Some been using an "Fake" Infinite Supercharge Hack, that however worked only for some Supercharges, that´s updated by now. Some other abilitys with Infinite Power aswell.

At the end, there would be a solution which should stop the so called "Speedhackers" (It technically isnt speedhack, its removing weapon delays and using macros to tap in miliseconds).

The solution they already showed and implemented with Weapon Mastery, or when there been the "Spam" glitch with Rifle-Range-Tap, if they update every weapon to use that method, then the "Speedhackers" will be stopped.

Also there is only one Hack Creator left, who is sharing his Menu public. The "Hack-Users" wouldnt know how to change any function.
    • Like x 2
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I thought I heard/read that people were using programs to "speed up" the game thus speed hack? Kind of like playing YouTube videos at faster speeds or whatnot
    • Like x 1
  17. RTX Well-Known Player

That would be Speedhack^^ Technically called "API Speedhack (Application Programming Interface)", since that will speed up or slow down the whole process. And obviously is the easiest to detect.
    • Like x 1
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I always figured if something could be added that detected X amount of hits within a specified window would be able to catch all of the DCUO speed hackers because they rely on the no delay on weapon attacks which are low damage but 100's of hits in seconds that cannot occur regularly anywhere else in content.
    • Like x 6
  19. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

Hey, speed hackers buy replays too.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

They could also start running a simple log system on all content.

Instance finishes quicker than is deemed possible players within that instance are all flagged and reported.

If players present on the report more than twice a week, their account is automatically suspended for 48 hours, increasing to 7 days if caught on report again within the same 30 days.

Should rattle a few cages.

The fear of being caught will help stop it and will also make the community begin to police itself.
    • Like x 1