The Sandman Netflix Series

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DCUO Post, Jun 6, 2022.

1. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  2. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

One of my favourite series. I hope they do it justice.
  3. DCUO Post Loyal Player

4. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Mark Hamill :D
  5. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

When shows like this come out, I avoid reading reviews written by fans. They're either "Ermagerd! The best thing ever!" or "They've murdered my childhood" and rarely anything in between.

I've read a couple of fairly positive reviews, and haven't really found any glaringly negative reviews, but most of them seem to be in the middle, to yeah, it's better than average but didn't wow me.
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I'm almost embarrassed to admit it but much like the comic I just can't get into it. I'm a big fan of pre and early Vertigo comics. Lots of creators are hit or miss for me but I just don't get Neil Gaiman. I've tried. I liked the idea of Sandman. Love surreal and dark, love to see different takes on fairy tales and fairy tale characters...but Sandman? Big snoozefest. This applies to just about all of his other work. The plot synapse to Miracleman was cool but the actual comic with the exception of an issue or two...big snoozefest. I will say I thought the "High Cost of Living" miniseries was outstanding but it's the one exception. The only full issue of Sandman I was ever able to get through was Dream of a Thousand Cats and it featured next to nothing of the series main cast and crew.

I'd rather watch old reruns of Supernatural.
  7. Swamarian Committed Player

I've watched the entire series now, and I liked it. Unlike WilderMidnight, I enjoyed the comics, and have all of the floppies. I also read the Annotated Sandman on Usenet back in the day.
    I liked the miniseries. All ties to he greater DC universe are gone, and most of the changes are for the better. We get an explanation for how Morpheus was captured, and Dee gets an arc, rather than just being a supervillain. My only complaints are that it's hard to tell what the Corinthian's deal is until after he's dead, and I preferred the decayed, organic look of the apartment from the comics in the story where Morpheus gets his sand back.
  8. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I didn't like the way they depicted Despair. Unlike Desire, she wasn't given anything to give her character any depth.

Can you imagine if DCUO would do a Gotham Wastelands version of the different Endless Realms. :D