BoP Metropolis Not Nth Metal Detector Friendly

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SethZoulMonEl, Aug 9, 2022.

1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

It would seem that BoP Metropolis enemies rarely drop Nth Metal. Just seeing if anyone else had noticed this before reporting it as a bug. I wasted part of an Nth Metal detector trying to catch up on feats in that area by doing the dailies, and I did not see much Nth Metal of any type being dropped by the enemies there.
  2. DarkMastery Active Player

No your not alone in this I and a few friends have avoided that area it's something we noticed as welll.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

So you have to use it on enemies that get knocked out all the way to 0 HP, doesn't work with mission enemies that get knocked down to 1 HP and become interact objectives.
    • Like x 4
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’ll double check later but Nth Metal isn’t part of a drop table for enemies. Nth are on an internal cooldown which gets rewarded with certain actions. So it shouldn’t matter who you kill as long as you are within the time window. I have gotten nth from all zones. But I’ll check when I get on
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nah, TheLorax is right. It has to be knockouts for Nth or caches to drop...assuming you are not collecting exos or collections and are 'fighting' your way to drops. Missions like the 'fanatics' one for Huntress/Catwoman are to tie up the adds, not just knock them out. Subduing the lions and I think even the cats in the trees as well don't count.(I'd have to check that one as the dog might count as a pickup as it goes away).

Some large bosses don't count as well. I remember when Brine Hulk came out, and everyone was getting their 50. I knocked mine out too, and noticed at some point I wasn't getting Nth. Had to go knock out some trench guys to get a drop as we were ONLY knocking out the hulk and he didn't spawn any side adds like Giant Robot or Gizmo or whoever. Most it doesn't matter as there is always some stray taking a shot, but if you are being precise and doing certain types of bosses or adds, you might not get drops.
    • Like x 1
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yea, I responded right when Lorax responded so didn’t see his originally. I assumed they were fighting correct added which is that were the case would be a bug. But if they were killing adds as described above than yes, not a bug. Same thing happens in metal Gotham. You can’t get nth from the metal guys since they need to be interacted with after getting knocked out. So you gotta kill the other adds (I kill the ones that are by T bot orb thingy.. Edit: T-spheres?)
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I just go to Gotham and pop a detector while I'm farming exo-material or I just park myself at Ace Chemicals/Arkham Asylum and kill a clown every 10 minutes.
  8. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Yeah I hate how BoP Metro is spaced out anyways so I'd never farm for Nth metal there regardless other than getting marks or feats. Best place I like to farm for Nth is Central City (DLC 2 not Starro or Alerts).
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You can’t farm for nth by blindly killing things. Nth metal drops off a timer. The timer is about 2-3 minutes when you are not doing any actions that trigger nth drops. But if you continuously do those actions than the timer changes to 8-9 minutes.

If you want to “farm nth metal than stay somewhere near lvl 3 adds like by any of the starter safe houses. Put a timer for 3 minutes and kill an add every 3 minutes.

The same goes for nth metal detector. They can’t be farmed. They have an internal cooldown of 10 minutes. So you can’t farm them. You have to do an action that grants the nth drops every 10 minutes to get all the nth. You can only get a max of 6 nth metal cashes from a detector. But most get 5. So there is no “best place” to farm them.

Nth metal actions are killing adds, collecting an exo material node and getting a collection. There may be others but I can’t think of any off the top of my head
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What are you talking about? The Nth timer is the same whether you stand in 1 spot and throw a shot and kill something every time the timer is up...or if you are constantly killing scrub adds all along. The timer doesn't adapt to what you are doing. That doesn't even make sense that if you do nothing for 2-3 min it drops faster.

Caches are a bit different as they are not on a 'set' drop rate. I've seen them at 7 or 8 min and up to 15...but I think that is just random so you CAN'T farm them effectively(stand in 1 spot and throw a shot every X min). Normally times out to about 5 an hour avg, 6 if you are lucky and less if you are not doing 'active' things when the timer is up as the drops don't stack.

You are correct though, they don't farm any better in CC, GUS, GW, Atlantis, DK Washington or standing outside East End PD. It's just easier I suppose to mow down easy adds vs 'hard' ones. Personally I wouldn't use them in a raid as if you are in something like last boss TWS (or any 'solo' boss fight) and get stuck on a single boss fight for past the drop interval (like if people keep killing the group on the beam before the first set of Perpetua's adds) you might miss a drop. No kills or collects...no drops.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Not sure if it's the timer itself that bugs out but I have sat there and timed the drops, sometimes one cache will randomly drop ~5 minutes after the last and then you have to wait an additional ~15 minutes for the next one to drop. Also after your detector expires, the timer does not. If you activate a second detector right after the first expires (or even a few minutes after) the timer does not reset and you may be waiting for more than a few minutes for your next cache to drop.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah. I haven't done enough testing with the caches to find any pattern. Not sure if it's set at the time you eat a cache, or if it's based off the time of the hour...or day. It does seem to avg out to about 5 an hour though as long as you stay pretty active every 5-10 min doing something. I suppose if you caught it JUST right, you could still be 'active' and get 4.

EDIT: To the OP's point though....because of the nature of a LOT of the adds down in BoP(activates vs knockouts)...it is NOT Nth cache or Nth farming friendly...regardless of the timers.
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I have tested it personally. If you don’t believe me than wait 10 minutes to make sure everything is reset. Go collect an exo node or kill a lvl 3 add. Put a 3 minute timer and then kill an add after the 3 minutes is up. Then after you get the nth put a timer and see how long before you get the next nth metal. It’s actually pretty easy to test.

I’ve always gotten them about 10 minutes apart. When I try to farm nth I can almost guarantee to get all 6.
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

They should really fix that. The 1 HP enemies drop the power orbs, so I thought it would drop other items too. That's ridiculous that areas like BoP where most enemies need to be interacted with after a KO drop nothing.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I will do so....I'll get back to you with my findings. However, you do know there are 2 drops, right? There is a small one nearer every 5 min (like 5 and 20 or 30), then the larger one at just over 10. Assuming you got EVERY drop you could (and assuming I'm right...I will test though....), you'd get one every 5 or so with the 10 min intervals having a bit more. So yes...I'll wait 20 even (I'll do it on a PC toon while I'm on PS4) so everything can be caught up, then will shoot 1 add in....? 3 min? And get a drop, right? Any caveats on being in a mission or OW....low add or high? Want to make sure I don't do something unexpected.

Should be interesting.
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Well aren't you lucky.
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok....so I did about an hour of testing to try this. First off, I believe the drop rates for premium and member are different, which might explain why you got something at 3 min. I thought the quantity per drop was better for members, but maybe it's number of drops vs quantity per. I spent 20 min standing around doing nothing, throwing shots at 3 min intervals, but didn't get anything for the first 2, got something at 9 (but that I found out was from the 8 min 'small' drop), and nothing at 12 or 15. It is NOT dropping faster from doing less. Spend the next part of the test killing something every 30 seconds or so down in DK DC.

And unlike my previous testing when a member, instead of around 5 and 10, it's more like 8 and 16-17 for the small drops, around 7 10Nth pieces per drop. I did get an oddball 1 100Nth piece at 19 and 2 100Nth at 29, but did get 7 10s at 8, 17, 23.5 and 32 min...so roughly 8 min intervals give or take.

It's not exactly science....but I'm not running in and out of instances and going to different zones to fight different mobs for hours on end. I spent about an hour and am satisfied it's pretty close. I might test again during a 2x drop week as I would be more inclined to use a detector which would make the exercise more worth while.

Either way sitting still didn't help. I suppose it might as a member and not premium, but I'm not subbing up to test that theory.
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Never th
    Never thought about different timers for members/nonmembers. When I get home I’ll do some testing and see what I find. I’m a member so I can test that side. I might (MIGHT) make a new account and test on a nonmember account
  19. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

As a member, I have tried at exactly the 3 minute mark over the past 15 minutes. I have received two drops in that time, not the five that was suggested. A few times, I was 30-45 seconds later than 3 minutes, but I would think that would increase my chances of a drop rather than decrease it. I think Deity is creating myths for MythBusters.
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah. Not sure where that theory came from. The only thing I could think of was there were a few times where I saw the little floaties coming at me and when it hit, it was ally favor (not sure the timer on those), but for a second I was thinking..."man....maybe he was right".

But as men of science....we must continue to research!
    • Like x 1