Fortifying Artifacts with another Artifact

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Prindacerk, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Prindacerk Committed Player

I read online that there's a way (or there used to be) to fortify an Artifact using another artifact that contained N'th metal. But when I go to Fortify tab to select an artifact, it doesn't show me other artifacts. It only showed the reagents to pick from.

Am I missing something? Is there something or some condition that needs to be fulfilled for this feature?
  2. Tolly Committed Player

You can do it, but it's more cost effective to do it during a double XP Artifact event. You need to put some NTH into one artifact so you can break it later in another.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If you have those artifacts saved to an armory or marked as 'important' then they won't show up in your list of reagents. When you feed an artifact into another artifact you lose 50% of the XP except on XP Bonus Weeks.
    • Like x 1
  4. Prindacerk Committed Player

Ah. That must be it. I'm assuming they also won't show up if they have not been levelled up? I have some artifacts that are at 0 level and not marked in anyway. They don't appear either. Will add some N'th Metal and experiment.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They shouldn't show up in your list of reagents if they have 0 XP in them. You can't fortify something with 0 XP
    • Like x 1
  6. Prindacerk Committed Player

Makes sense. Thanks.
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

In my experience, even artifacts saved to an armory will show up to feed into others (if they have the XP to feed in). I have to mark them with the asterisk to prevent it. I haven't tested that in a few months, so I may have missed a hotfix, but that was the case up until a few months ago.

EDIT: Just tested, and removing the asterisk from armory locked artifacts does free them up to feed into other artifacts. That always seemed like a bug to me.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Cool.