Getting Water Power

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by ShadowIceNova, Aug 3, 2022.

1. ShadowIceNova New Player

About to buy water power in 2 days and this will be my first time using it so planning to use flight with it and hand blasters but not sure since i will be new at using this power so any advice on what to do.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Unless you plan on being a Weapon DPS your choice in weapon will not matter. Also your choice in movement does not matter but Flight is the slowest of the three.
  3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

The above comment from Lorax, is correct.

For best results in movement speed, super speed is the ticket.

For water, you need decide if you're going to use weapons or powers, for both healing and dps.

Water is great both ways, for healing. For DPS, your best with powers in my opinion. For battle healing, your best with weapons (dual wield to flurry). Especially if you run Clarion, demon fang, transformation.
  4. ShadowIceNova New Player

thanks for the advice and i like speed but tend to mess up with it alot so i mostly like flight more then the others but haven't tried skimming yet. But i'm going healer role with water and the demon fang thing i know nothing about i haven't been here for 4 yrs so i'm just trying to learn everything again and what is new.
  5. Monkeyboy Committed Player

I would watch a video by someone like ObsidanChill or IEddy, there's others also. They will give you the basics of the class. But play around with its other powers. High Tide has its own secondary effect of certain powers, for both dps & healing. Healing is another beast with water. There's a shield build, reg healing, EoG and High Tide healing. Artifacts will be important and optimally will complement the playstyle you use. Depending on your intention in running content, Battle healing is a playstyle I'd recommend after you're comfortable and understand the other playstyles. Groups now, prefer EoG for elite content but shield & reg healing are very viable depending on content.

Demon fang is an artifact. The effects are:
    Every 12 seconds, hitting an enemy with a weapon attack empowers your weapon. While empowered, your next 6 weapon attacks deal additional damage to primary target equal to (5/6.6/7.4/8.2)% of your Restoration, and restore Power equal to (1.4/1.8/2/2.2)% of your Restoration.
  6. Ergotth Committed Player

As a Water healer myself, I reccomend Page of Destiny, Purple Light and you can alternate between Transformation Card and Philosopher Stone depending on how your team is faring out.

Skill-wise, first thing you need is Solace of the Sea, your bread and butter of Water Healing. If you want a suggestion, you can try out my loadout:
    • Shield
    • Tsunami Strike
    • Solace
    • Group Heal
    • High Tide
    • Aegis Guard
    Basicaly start by putting the Solace and shield, as the situation calls, use the Group Heal or Tsunami Strike combo for single healing. If things get ugly, use High Tide followed by Aegis before dumping more heal, especialy with Tsunami Strike to decrease High Tide's Cooldown. This is a very simple loadout but efficient.
  7. ShadowIceNova New Player

Thxs for all the help with this power which i just got today and now the hard work begins to get it leveled up to 30 and then get the gear i need to use and she is using duel wield and movement super speed just not going to be able to finish all the races since i had trouble with em on the harder levels. And to figure out where to get those artifacts and augments from which missions.
  8. ShadowIceNova New Player

What is a battle healer i have never heard of that before?
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

A healer that does significant more damage than a regular healer.
  10. Kreachure Committed Player

I prefer acrobatics. More maneuverability.
  11. Ergotth Committed Player

The artifacts are quite easy, the first one you get from the obligatory "Artifact mission" that pops up in your journal, the rest of the artifacts can be purchased from Constantine at the Watchtower/Hall of Doom/House of Legends for 10 source marks. The augments you already have 4 of each status (Dominance, Precision, Might, Restoration, etc) in the Augments tab in your inventory, they are leveled up by Exobytes you can get from Salvaging gear at the R&D Stations. The two top slots for augments are for special Augments you usualy get at the might higher CR episodes and aside froim status boost, also give you special boosts related to their episodic missions (and one or two more options of loot) You get 2 for free the first time you enter the map and follow the first mission you receive of it.