Why not more Hideouts?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ergotth, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Ergotth Committed Player

Just something that popped in my head, but in a game with so many assets in a smooth map-building grid, why aren’t we seeing hideout-sized bases popping up like a whack-a-mole? Compared to regular bases, the Hideouts are much smaller but way EASIER to decorate to new players or heroes, shaking off that depressing feel of a huge empty space just so you use your ammenities. And we are talking about a 3D game, which means loose assets everywhere. Give me these assets and leave me with SketchUp for 5 minutes and I’ll give you a hundred hideouts before I stop to hydrate.

Sure a fully decorated base is satisfying, but what about the small spaces? Dive, Orbital and Volcanic can often feel more like home compared to a huge Manor or a penthouse.
    • Like x 6
  2. Eve YouTuber

Oh 100%. But the only thing that irritates me is that we can't place amenities wherever we want or in normal spots. So they look weird in small bases for my taste. But I really want to see more small bases as well as big ones, and different layouts.
    • Like x 5
  3. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

I'd love to see more hideouts, even with different layouts. It's so convenient to have amenities and armories within arm's reach. :oops:
    Now if only there were more amenity slots (or free placement) in a hideout...
    • Like x 2
  4. Irvynnge Loyal Player

totally. 100%. seriously, I'd be happy enough if they gave us dive-sized versions of the already-existing base themes ( Dive-Cave, Dive-Gothic, Dive-Atlantean, etc ), but any new themes are more than welcome. in particular, Power Dives. that would be nice. a workshop for Gadgets, a power station for Electric, a fridge unit for Ice. that sort of thing. yeah.

two Krypto-thumbs up.
    • Like x 2
  5. Ergotth Committed Player

Definitely! The Hideouts are pretty much the first room of bases, so there are very few modifications to do!
    • Like x 1
  6. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Not enough pink circles. If they added 3 more to the dive so you could put all your amenities in it, that would solve the issue.

On the Manor, well they said they'd look into fixing the horrific layout of the pink circles for amenities or aiding more and that has never happened. Matter of fact they came out with a tech version of that base with the same crappy pink circle layout. Too far apart to be reasonably useful. They need to add more. And on that note they should go back and add that extra large room to all the old bases and offer them up on the marketplace with a discount if you already own said base style.
    • Like x 1
  7. Achikah All About That Base

+1, +100/1000 if I could!

There are so many great themes that could be copy/pasted with the already existing Hideout themes. Like you said, it'd take half the effort of larger themes AND satiate us decorators who really need something new to look forward to in the game. It wouldn't even need to be something new, just pull assets already in the game! And, if they're worried the price tag might be too high for a smaller base, throw in a furniture pack like the Manor theme- several reused items that correspond and a handful of new one too.

Off the top of my head:
    • Iceberg Lounge: Art Deco trim with the underwater penguin exhibit from the solo as the large, open window.
    • Gotham Zoo: Bamboo/Cave aesthetic retexture with one of the various Zoo enclosures as the large, open window.
    • Apokolips: Same exact themeing as the Space/Volcano, just with the warm metal retextures and the fiery Apokolips window from the beginning hallway of Happiness Home
    • New Genesis: Reskin/Recolor of the Space/Volcano with a large open window with the rocky terrain and large flowers
    • Fractured Godsphere: More Grecian theming interior and the amazing Godsphere background as the window.
    • Thanagar: Again, retexture of the Space/Volcano with a window to Thanagar
    And there are so many other!
    Come on devs, I'm beggin' ya!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  8. Ergotth Committed Player

For me, what I would like as Hideouts:
    • Oa: Plenty of assets for that especialy from maps like Oan Sciencells, with a window showing us the Central Battery.
    • Ferris Aircraft: Like you're living inside a Hangar, perfect to put those decorations like Ships and Tanks that feel too big for the Bunker base and a bit out of place in the League Halls.
    • Zamaron: For all pink-lovers and crystal afficionados in the room!
    • Themiscyra: a nice greco-roman villa-like room with the back wall being 3 arched balcony windows, maybe covered by wooden trellis with leafy vines or a view of the ocean. You can also emphasize the gold and ivory and make it Olympus. (I actualy doubled back to the wikia to check and there is NOT a Themyscira base at all! With so many grecian decorations for years, it caught me off-guard)
    • Hades: A version of the Themyscira but coloured and themed after the Underworld.
    • Hall of Doom: In all honesty, the Orbital base could be a WatchTower room, so we need one for HoD!
    • Ace Chemicals: Get something industrial, add some green ooze et voilá! Your loft-sized toxic wasteland! Chemo not included.
    • Lexcorp Tower: Thats a bigass tower, sure it got enough room for us!
    • Infernal: Just use the assets from Wasteland Gotham and or even the Dessecrated Cathedral. Heck, make it a room from the Dessecrated Cathedral and thats perfect for both a Hideout AND a Base! (especialy with the Manor/HoL layout since cathedrals are more symmetric).
    • Phantom Zone: For this one, would be really fun if it actualy had no walls whatsoever and all you see is the infinite void of the Phantom Zone around you, like its just a floating piece of rock in the phantom zone and you just have the invisible collision wall. This would makie it even more otherwordly as all your wall and ceiling decorations would be hung up on thin air.
    • Fortress of Solitude: Ok, DCUO really owe us this one! We've been going back and forth that artic hell for over a DECADE and we don't even have a single piece of decoration of it. And one can argue that was made BEFORE bases and lairs, but still... come on Daybreak!
    • New Genesis²: Piggybacking on your suggestion, it could also reuse assets from inside the Floating City of New Genesis like we live among the New Gods up above.
    • Third World: hey speaking of that, why not a nice, cozy cave in the ruins of the Third World with Dreggs as Back Up Uplink? God knows we have a ton of Third World paraphernalia as decoration.
    • H.I.V.E.: Let's swarm up to where all the buzz is at! Sure it stings to be dronning about but it flows like honey and it's the bees-knees! I'll see myself out...
    • Like x 4
  9. Eve YouTuber

Thanagar! Thanagar! Thanagar!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  10. Imaginos Dedicated Player

The Gotham Zoo has a fantastic bat cave with hanging bats and a giant forest in the background that would make for a spiffy window or Dive Wall/Window thing.
    The Cave stone/texture of the League of Assassins would be a great base look. Could even use a lazurus pit window in the far wall instead of the lava/earth view.
    • Like x 2
  11. Ergotth Committed Player

Or instead of a cave the Nanda Parbat from the higher tiers of League of Assassins content! That middle eastern architecture is so full of details and I love that pond area that could be visible through the window.
    • Like x 5
  12. Eve YouTuber

Oa & Fortress of Solitude. They don't have to be big bases at all, and still be great for Lantern / Superman inspired characters
    • Like x 2
  13. Achikah All About That Base

I wanted to suggest Nanda Parbat, because besides the House of Mystery and Desecrated Cathedral theme, that's the next in line... but I kinda want all three to be larger themes, haha.
    • Like x 1
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Nanda Parbat needs to be a league hall theme.
    • Like x 4
  15. Ergotth Committed Player

And the devs could have a lot of fun with it, like making one wing of the league hall going out to the mountainside so you have some snow getting in, the sound of wind, while another wing goes inward so its more like a cave with a pool of the Lazarus Pit, while the entrance hall is the garden/pond.
  16. Ergotth Committed Player

Honestly they should do both. As mentioned, Hideouts are exactly the first room of a Base with an extra alcove up ahead and a large window where you would go to the rest of a base, so they can EASILY make a Base and a Hideout of the same theme and even sell both together! You buy the Base and get the Hideout for free! They can even start making hideouts out of pre-existing bases too.
    • Like x 2
  17. Achikah All About That Base

Oh. My. God.

Imagine, base theme 2-3 packs: Same theme but one Hideout, one Regular, and then Super Sized with the large Atlantean/Brainiac room. Someone suggested this awhile ago, adding a big room onto regular bases, but ya, give us a Hideout option too!

DEVS! Take note and-
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. Ergotth Committed Player

Small idea that popped into my head (and certaintly something the devs could find easier to make):
    A Wall item style to fit within the windows of the Volcanic and Orbital Hideout showing a different view. In case I wanted to, I don't know, make my Volcanic and Orbital base looks like its instead in the arctic or beneat the ocean.
  19. Tolly Committed Player

Sometimes I wish Bethesda would buy DCUO to give us our dreams, because everything we want, many of them are already there on TESO, when yet TESO and DCUO would be so compatible!!!
  20. Kreachure Committed Player

Bases need a FAT update. More lairs, powerset themes bases/lairs, everything achikah said. There are so many options and I genuinely can't believe the devs haven't implemented them yet. Because if those lairs were on the marketplace, stonks will rise.
    • Like x 3