Reduced sourcemarks in fos3, why?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by STsource, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Stranger Well-Known Player

I see it the same way. They should've increased the mark drops of long instances (as example Monsters of Metal... this takes forever)
    instead of decreasing the mark drops in these raids.
    • Like x 3
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

I'd venture a guess that this is their way of "moving" the player traffic to different parts of their content, to counter the one instance-source mark-spam that the majority of omni's been reduced to.
    • Like x 3
  3. Eve YouTuber

I think they wanted players to play other content for the sake of other players that don't run these all the time be able to get to the content they want. Now It's not nessecery bad, but It's not going to have the effect they wanted. Players runs usually what's benefiting them.
    • Like x 3
  4. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I'm becoming a one note piano with this, but a cooldown of 15-20 minutes after a raid would have slowed this down. On both sides of the equation. it would stop the non stop spam running, it would also stop me from having an evening of God Of Monsters runs all night.
    • Like x 3
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The time-to-marks ratio for just a handful of these outliers was just too much, and adjusting the content itself further wasn't really feasible. When source marks are doubled elsewhere and it is still preferred to spam these two, it's a problem for the whole ecosystem.

There are a couple of other pieces of content we're monitoring, but generally I don't expect us to make many of these adjustments.
    • Like x 9
  6. Kshawn Dex New Player

Nobody que for old raids though (xbox) so how as i new player suppose to earn marks other than waiting 40 minutes on que
  7. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Now this is a great idea. I blame the devs mostly for the 180s on am/wm/unclamp/clamp to where players just want fast and get me out, not to have overly high hp boss health easy fights. The bosses hit with pillows and are glorified damage sponges. Runs that used to take maybe 10 min before now take 20 due to the clamp. What did they think was going to happen? People don’t have time for that nonsense. It made grouping worse imo. I see subpar dps getting booted from everything if they can’t melt. More ‘gaming segregation’ from the good vs the bad. Luckily I play support, and normally have patience, but will bounce immediately if I come into a pug and the group can’t burn. Just no time. Most groups kick people until they get whatever they want, which is not right. At least I am a gentleman and just dip without trashing people.
    • Like x 1
  8. GermanM Committed Player

So the next doble source marks week will be not so funny
    • Like x 1
  9. VariableFire Loyal Player

So when will Arkham Asylum reward more marks than most raids? Cause that 4man is longer than quite a few and I wouldn't bother with it, if it ever popped.
    • Like x 7
  10. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

If they double marks on the FOS 1-2-3 I will have a conniption.
  11. Beetleguise New Player

Cadbury Eggs, Doritos and now Shrinkflation comes to DCUO
  12. STsource Well-Known Player

anyone thats interested its 6 marks
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sorry, but that would really kill any multiple attempt raid feats. Can you imagine running any of the random checklist feats, trying to maintain a group of 8 AND putting a 15-20 min pause in between passes? So much for spamming 1st boss in FGSE to get the RAAAAID! counter and a shot at a Father Box off Grail. Or 'no death' feats where you crap out just before or during last boss...."Hey guys...I know we almost had it that time, and I know it was Mr 'I had to type something and get killed' that ruined it....but hang on 20 more min, and we'll try again". Building groups for this kind of thing is hard enough....add in a fixed delay and it gets worse.

Besides if there is anyone that doesn't have enough source marks from spamming yet, guess they missed out.

My objection isn't to the change itself it's to the reason for the change. IF they didn't want people to take the path of least resistance to get the things they wanted, why make it so easy to do so? They added marks to old stuff to get people to run old stuff....it worked. If they want people to run SPECIFIC old stuff, give people a reason to do so...not remove reasons to NOT run the other runs. Add a few marks to crap runs to make FOS3 and DD less attractive, not remove from FOS3 and DD to make BBS or Bombshell, or UM MORE attractive.

Oh...and bounties....they will start looking at you next. Count on it. 200 marks in a bit over an hour is 20 omni runs that don't need to be run every week. We can't have that, can we? Well, not if we want to say that omni/clamp is a success at least. Which *cough* of course it is!
    • Like x 5
  14. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

ouch
    • Like x 2
  15. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

And I agree with you. I think this whole thing is a solution in search of a problem.
    • Like x 3
  16. Kreachure Committed Player

So strange.
    What ecosystem? You could remove FoS3 and Doomsday raid from the game and there would still be dead content that nobody touches. Is that not a problem for your ecosystem? Are you going to increase the marks for content that takes longer? That's logical given the "time-to-marks ratio" no? There are alerts that take longer than most raids due to the clamp. Something like Arkham Asylum comes to mind. When is the increased mark update coming for content like that? Or does it stay dead content? :confused:

Players run content that they prefer. Players will always try to find the most efficient ways to progress. Removing things that aren't even game breaking to begin with doesn't change that. Keep your players happy.
    • Like x 9
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

All I see it doing for Omni is making it a few more canceled queues when FOS3 or DD pops where they would have almost assuredly proceeded previously. I'd guess many or most Omni runners are either doing it for A) the box....you'd get that anyway or B) a 'fun' run....which you'd probably bail on FOS3 DD anyway. If someone really just wants 10 marks, why queue Omni? The cancelled queues alone could equate to more time than it would take to pick 5 or 6 different runs you'd 'like' to run, and let them fill...and you'd be sure to miss these now short ones...or ones you really REALLY don't want to run but just not checking them.

If you don't believe me, explain Prime. It's been 4 or 5 marks since Omni started and it pops regularly. It's fast and relatively easy. DD and FOS3 just joined that team is all.
    • Like x 1
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Well I can me say two raids, when I was doing KCT omni spam for STU they were only 8 minute runs (or less). Last year during STU when I spammed TOTD omni the runs were going so quick we were banging them out in 5-8 minutes each.

Edit: I'm not sure of how many source marks they give though. I coulda swarn they were giving 10 but I could be wrong.
  19. Stranger Well-Known Player

Talking about Prime... 4 marks is way too low. I've always those low DPS's in my group which makes the raid last like 10-15min.
    They could also increase it to 6, comparing with DD and FOS3.
  20. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Did it ever occur to your team to just, you know, increase the number of Marks given by other content to match? :rolleyes:
    • Like x 8