Downtime Server Downtime - August 3, 2022 - Game Update 127

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Game Update 127

All worlds will be taken offline at 5:30 AM PT on August 3, 2022, to launch Game Update 127. Downtime may last up to 8 hours.

Game Update 127 primarily prepares the game for Survival Mode, to launch later this month.

The full update notes will be posted in the Live Update Notes subforum when available.

Update: All worlds are now online.
    • Like x 9
  2. SuperWeak New Player

3. KrsEl New Player

What is survival mode? Is that a PVP thing?
  4. Drake_DuCaine Well-Known Player

I heard it's like waves of enemies and the more waves you can survive, the better the prizes. I've never played it though so I'm not too sure how true that is or to the extent.
  5. myandria Item Storage

Survival Mode for this game is an Event where you queue into a Survival Mode instance group and try to survive the bosses. It is not infinite; there are a certain amount of instances to beat (I think it is 30) in order to be considered top of the pile and earn the best rewards. There are special vendors only available in Survival Mode; one vendor is available to everyone and the items can be obtained with Data Chips (which you have to buy if you dont participate). The other vendor is only for players who participate in Survival Mode and those items are more exclusive; you receive Data Chips for surviving each survival mode round.

You have to meet the minimum CR to participate and the bosses are well beyond Elite+ hard and very unforgiving so it is a good idea to be properly geared and pay attention to mechanics. The LFG channel will be filled with Survival Mode requests, as it is a good idea to get into a pre-made group. Pugging Survival Mode is for those who love extreme pain and who are extremely patient.
    • Like x 2
  6. Drake_DuCaine Well-Known Player

Sounds like I'll maintain my distance from this game until the next episode. It sounded fun but not from what you just said. I don't have maxed artifacts and only 180 skill points. I'm not about to get fussed at by some puglord dweller cause I don't have everything maxed lol.
    • Like x 3
  7. Kestral Committed Player

It's mainly for the end game players who are either very competitive or complain the game is too easy. There are no skill points or higher level gear gained in this content, just unique base items, styles, pets, etc as rewards.

Nice to haves as opposed to must haves.
    • Like x 4
  8. MISS IDEAL New Player

Great to know...guess I'll be on the sidelines on this event.

9. Mercy Graves New Player

Will the Data Chips (event currency) be available to buy in the Marketplace, as in the past?
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, they will be back.
    • Like x 1
  11. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

are we there yet?
  12. Miserable Dedicated Player

I just want to clarify that while it does get harder the further you go through the rounds, the early rounds (1-10) are pretty low difficulty and quite pug-friendly IMO. It does get more hardcore in the later rounds but don't be afraid to give the first few rounds a shot and see if you like it.
    • Like x 1
  13. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

just out of curiosity, will this update mean the end of the Booster Bundles or do we still have them for another week or or two?
  14. Kurosaki New Player

Yea but remember obsidianchill made a video talking about how easy the first couple bosses were so they buffed it and what would’ve took 20 minutes would probably take a hour or something like that
  15. Maji New Player

survival mode is a team of 8 put into a ring and have to fight waves of enemies from all sides. sounds fun!
  16. Eve YouTuber

Just a correction: It's actually 6 players this time and was 4 players the last two seasons of Survival Mode.
    • Like x 2
  17. UT Firefly Well-Known Player

sooo this update reduces the source marks friom doomsday raid and the sunstone matrix now too whats the problem daybreak are you scared ppl reach something without buy sourcemarks from marketplace.....god this game is an joke
    • Like x 1
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

US PS/PC and Xbox worlds are now online. Switch and EU PS/PC will still be a while.
    • Like x 1
  19. Miserable Dedicated Player

The bosses' health originally was abnormally low, as if it was scaled for a smaller group size. Obsidian, as well as others, left feedback pointing this out. The feedback - and the subsequent buff - was about the health pools, not any other aspect of difficulty (mechanics, etc.). They buffed the health way too much and are going to tune it down. I'm confident that the final health pools will be perfectly reasonable.

So I stand by my original comment: don't be afraid to try SM if you're at all interested in it as the first 10 rounds are likely to be very pug-friendly. If it's not your thing, that's fine too.
    • Like x 1
  20. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player