July DCUO News

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reluctant, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Reluctant Well-Known Player

July DCUO News

New artifacts for all 6 of my toons; 3 support artifacts,3 dips artifacts, all to at least rank 80 thanks to 2X artifact XP!
    Thanks for being free to play and not requiring PS+, thanks for player progression from years ago, And thanks for elite solos and Save The Universe, I might be able to get all elite gear on my main toons!
    Enhanced pyro is cool on my fire toon!
    I guess I was kind of right when I started a thread asking about Death metal Superman being the next open world bounty https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...etal-superman-the-new-open-world-boss.322794/
    Thanks for the T3 Alfred Box, Back in April I started a thread asking for an Alfred artifact, But I think this will do just fine! https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/developers.322550/
    Looking back at all the old threads I posted about guessing who would be the next open world boss https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...eath-metal-washington-open-world-boss.322463/

1 person got the location right
    This person thought about a new pet as well
    And this person got the size correct

Thanks for responding to those threads!
    • Like x 1
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Not to sound rude but.. umm.. what exactly is the point of this thread? I mean if you want to make a random thread about what you’re up to and things that pop in your head than there’s a section in the forums for that. It’s in the jokers fun house. Not sure an update on what you’ve been up to belongs in this section.

But grats on your arts being at 80. (Yes I’m being sincere)
    • Like x 3
  3. Reluctant Well-Known Player

thank you for the feedback!:), I understand, I went from making post daily to once a month in GG, and apparently that is still to much, I guess my kind are not allowed in the forums.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If you want to start an online diary you can do that here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DCUO/
    • Like x 2
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It’s not about not being allowed to post. You made a thread about your activity for the month. You can post that in the jokers funhouse which is there for all things random. And you used to create dozens of threads about various questions. Asking questions isn’t bad. But you could’ve also made. Single thread to request information about all the things that had you confused.

It’s good that you’ve made progress. No one is talking down to your progress. But that’s. Section for that type of stuff. And then you revived an old thread to add my quote to you for what reason exactly? To compare that thread to this? Those aren’t even the same thing
  6. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah, I think, Reluctant, that making a blog, Youtube channel, Twitter page, or as Lorax suggests Reddit post would be better. It would also be more personal and customizable. You could do more with it than you can with a bunch of forum posts here. Can even put the link(s) in your signature. Plus, it would be your own "space" where people can go specifically for you and specifically for such info. I myself occasionally post updates on all my styles, but I do it on Youtube so everything's just right there on my channel instead of all over a forum in different posts amongst those from others. It's tidier. And a blog, if you want to do it in text posts like a journal, you can organize however you want. You can have a section for style updates, a section for updates on builds and progress, a section for random other things you explore with the game, a section for life updates if you want. And it will be all you, not amongst a sea of other posts from everyone else. You can even make the blog look however you want, give it a nice background, color scheme, font, etc.
    • Like x 2
  7. Reluctant Well-Known Player

show me where in the forum guidelines I can not post that in

Gotham GENERAL
    .................^^
    KEYWORD
  8. Reluctant Well-Known Player

that is alright at least 155 out of the 160 people read it and could have been inspired, ill write off the other 5
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Each section literally has descriptions on what they are for. Gotham city is for discussion regarding dcuo. Yes your post had mentions of dcuo but the topic wasn’t on that. You were updating others on what you were doing. That’s off topic. ThGs jokers funhouse.

I’m just gonna stop replying here and let this thread die out
    • Like x 1
  10. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

[IMG]

My man, I don't think the devs are going to add an extra line in the forum guidelines to say "No personal diaries allowed in the Gotham City forum" because it's just odd. I don't mean to be rude, but look around, are other people posting daily/monthly "dear diary" posts with regards to their progress in game? Do you think majority of forum-goers really care about what other people are doing, and that they come to the Gotham City sub-forum to find out? Not to mention your clickbait title of "July DCUO News" for clicks, causing people to think this is actually related to overall DCUO news.

Like TheLorax posted, there are other avenues where you can showcase whatever you want, and even pointed you to somewhere where they post this kind of stuff - https://www.reddit.com/r/DCUO/ . Maybe start a Youtube channel and build a community of people who will actively follow you and your progress. Or just head over to Joker's Funhouse, where pretty much anything goes; I think you'd have better luck over there. Take care.
    • Like x 2
  11. BumblingB I got better.

There isn't anything against Code of Conduct for the forums against talking about what you did in DCUO, but players tend to look negatively on posts like this. Heck, they target players who are frustrated with other players and often post not so supportive responses there either.

Like what K3str3lDC said I would recommend if you are trying to have a blog, it would be better to utilize something you can personalize on. Like your own YT channel or old school, like blogspot. You could even do the social media platforms, like twitter, instagram, etc.
    • Like x 1
  12. Trexlight Devoted Player

No one here is attacking you, just questioning the relevancy. Even I read the post not understanding what i was reading but now understanding its more of a blog post, cool deal! Nothing wrong with sharing accomplishments. Its just best to start thread with a Subject cause even me seeing July DCUO News, I expected feedback on official news but since there wasnt news, I wasnt sure whats going on.

Like others have said, a blog post and even linking it here would be good.I would call it "Reluctant DCUO News". Thats how most content creators get created. Keep it up!
    • Like x 2
  13. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I've hemmed and hawed about responding to this. I don't mean to troll (ordinarily I do mean to) but in this case, I suspect the problem comes from definitions.

It's called Gotham City(General Gameplay) I think the beef is, this is very specific gameplay. If you had posted, I'm excited about the new Boss in the next DLC, what do you think of my Arts setup? Or How often does the double XP promotion run. Or not even necessarily a question, Hey guys, I've been running this Arts setup which I haven't seen before, and I'm burning through adds like crazy. Or, I'm having the worst luck getting the Alfred trinket, anyone else?

Rather, what we're getting is very specific to your toon, and to those who know you, or are interested in a similar build it's interesting.
    • Like x 3
  14. Darkwalker Active Player

I suspect that many of the people that clicked on the thread were like me. The title is very misleading. July DCUO news sounds as if there were something to report on that some members of the community may have missed. That's worth looking at.

The progress of one random player out of thousands, not so much. Quantum Edge put it nicely, those who know you may be interested. If we all did this though, the forums would be a total unreadable mess of things that nobody is interested in nor want's to read.

Are you allowed to do it. Sure.

Don't expect an overwhelmingly positive response from it though.
    • Like x 2
  15. Reluctant Well-Known Player

16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The thread you posted doesn’t even say anything. How exactly does that show you are cosplaying as a journalist? And even so, what makes you think people want to know you are cosplaying as anything? You are lashing out at others for trying to explain to you that you have other options. No one is telling you to not post or to not cosplay.

In the past you used to make dozens of threads for every question that crossed your mind. Asking for help is not a bad thing and no one said you shouldn’t ask questions. People just informed you that if you have a bunch of questions to ask them all in one thread and list your questions instead of flooding the forums with your many threads. That all. So you them started making threads called “___ DCUO News” which actually had no information on what going on in dcuo and instead telling others what you’ve been up to. I didn’t even say don’t post. I even congratulated you on leveling your arts. But you got defensive and scrolled through my threads to quote what i said which didn’t even have anything in common with your personal blog threads.

Look… not telling you to not post. Or to not get excited about reaching milestones in your progress. It’s more of how you’re going about doing it that has been rubbing people the wrong way. It’s not for you to get defensive. It’s for you to understand why people have responded the way we did.
    • Like x 2
  17. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah, it would also just be better and more practical for Reluctant themself if they compiled all their smaller questions and thoughts together so it would all be in one place. Much like why people have FAQs or sites or subreddits or whatever else will have specific threads for anyone to ask any questions all in one place, which also helps people who have the same questions as each other to be able to see the answers if it's already been asked and answered. And IDK why they're lashing out at you. You've been by far the most patient and kindest and most polite person to them on the entire forums. And like.... our suggestions to make a blog (look at DCUO Source Wall, DCUO Blog Guide, or Gotham Gazette for example, those are very well received but would be thought of very differently if all those articles were a bunch of separate forum posts swallowing the entire forum and drowning everything else) are just as much for the benefit of Reluctant as for anyone else. Like.... it would just be better than a bunch of forum posts spread all over this site alongside other people's stuff.

None of us are attacking you, Reluctant. We're giving you advice and recommendations and suggestions. We're giving you ideas. Making a blog or channel would make your own experience and interactions much better and much more pleasant and enjoyable. And people would respond much more positively. Plus you could personalize a blog or channel and make your own "brand" and identity to it on a level you can't really do here. Your own experience would be much much better. We're trying to give you constructive advice and ideas, not attack you. No need to lash out.
  18. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

19. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

So, it's our fault for not having read previous threads, that we've clearly indicated we're not interested in reading. The majority of the responses here have been helpful, trying to find you a better media to share your story. Your reactions to this advice has been a passive/aggressive you don't know me!
    • Like x 1