Artifact Swapping (my opinion)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Proxystar #Perception

I'm not sorry. Just kidding I'm sor... yeah I got nothing moving on :p
    • Like x 2
  2. hardlightX2 New Player

Artifact swapping you mean inventory swapping should
    not exist artifacts are meant to work in groups most the time but players are to toxic to work together post to play the game not the inventory.
    • Like x 1
  3. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I'm going to interject here because there's a little bit of context missing. People go after you publicly in LFG all the time, IMO, this was just an excuse for them to really double down on that. Which is just the reality of how petty and childish our server can be, they don't like you because you have a lot of sp (and gained it in a relatively shorter time frame than most).

There are literally only 3 leagues on xbox that can form a competent group as is, nevermind elite, or elite +.
    I honestly think the situation is worse than you've stated.
    When this episode launched, only 3 leagues were running frequent groups for TSW e, and even those had varying degrees of success.
    As the episode progressed, more people did get through, but when TSW E+ launched, things changed for the worse. Granted E+ is supposed to be much much harder but there's only 1 league that runs that regularly that can pass 1st two bosses. Just one.
    So in terms of true end game population, Xbox has approximately 12. Is that low compared to pc?
    • Like x 1
  4. Retire Well-Known Player

Devs need to make this game cross save. On Switch only two leagues have completed TSWe and I don't think any have even attempted E+ due to lag. Switch and Xbox need to be on the same server as everyone else. With Xbox players support I think it can happen. Support this: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/devs-please-implement-cross-save.323964/
  5. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

This has been a very interesting thread. I have a feeling that even with a compromise everyone will be upset about something. It’s unfortunate that it seems like artifacts have become such a huge issue in this game. Instead of artifacts, I would enjoy seeing new powers and weapons being developed. Not just arts that will continue to make this game more complicated.

Again… I speak for myself.
    • Like x 2
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah but that's usually just the normal goofing around (I hope). This particular time [that one person] were being serious for some unknown reason.

I'm really glad you see my point of view here. I'm trying really hard to keep up with the times and I just hope more people can understand what our community is going through.
  7. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

More often than not it's people you wouldn't care about, but there's definitely times its went past a goof.

With the problem we've discussed, the most viable solution would be a server merge, but I don't wanna inherit Switch's lag problems, or PC speed hackers.
    • Like x 1
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Don't forget Switch also doesn't even get new updates until months later still. But yes very true, in which is why I was trying to push for an other other option, in which is to focus on better ways to allow cross-faction grouping such as I made this thread for:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/cross-faction-grouping.320940/

If no server merge, we can at least bring everyone together easier. Most episodes nowadays do this anyway, along with the "baby steps" additions towards this (as in new HoL and cross-faction Shout/Say chat). However, after the dev changeup, the thread kinda went dormant :(
    • Like x 1
  9. Araekos New Player

I started playing about a week ago and just came to the forums for the first time to look for a League. What a thread to have discovered. This game doesn't feel very new player friendly, but I like zooming around as a Green Lantern so I'll see if I'm up for the SP grind and then see where this situation goes in the meantime. I don't mean that as a complaint, but as an observation.

Realistically it doesn't seem feasible for the game to change much about artifacts since they're a P2W system. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot to make it so that having dozens of leveled artifacts isn't more beneficial than not. The only way to promote more artifact use without swapping would be to make the game more alt-friendly. Instead of having/needing 30 artifacts on one character, you have 30 over a handful of characters. But since the SP grind seems so daunting and the ability to share feats limited in some capacity, it's not an ideal solution.

I like this game so far, even though all the Leagues I've seen post in game chat require 300 or more SP and the one League that recruited me after my first alert kicked me today with no explanation. Oh and then I saw this thread, haha. Still, fun game though.
    • Like x 1
  10. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

So I guess the Laz artifact needs to be swapped in now huh? (Sigh)

The funny thing is… I run the solos, duos and Bounties on 10 toons….

I have been driven out of 4 and 8 player content. I’m just tired of all the “extra” non sense anymore. I used to love raiding…. Don’t even want to do that anymore.
    • Like x 1