Throwback Celestial/Hardlight

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Gam3r4Lif3, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

Do you all remember the days when the first hit might was might based and followed by precision with the combos!! Then I’m pretty sure rage was the first might based combo power! Time flies by too fast :’(

This is a post for all of the OG’s of these powers to just vent and share or do whatever lol
    • Like x 1
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Pretty sure rage was prec too. Atomic was the only night combo power
    • Like x 3
  3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Yes, Rage was originally precision based combos also. Atomic was the first might based combo.

I'm kinda glad it's all might now, wasn't fond of building might and precision lol
    • Like x 1
  4. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

The original state of rage is the most op power to ever touch the grounds of this game, it was crazy lol. Rage in its initial iteration would probably out dps every power today while ixnaying artifacts from its build
    • Like x 1
  5. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

You are correct sir! For someone reason the rage era flew right over my head lol. I was never a fan of rage and idk why
  6. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

Idk man cause that muni biggun used to be kinda monstrous lol, you remember the 5 biggun dps muni days lol! Dark times and unfortunately I participated
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

OG HL was my favorite (pre gu36 I mean). Skill and speed were the determining factor for HL players and you could tell the difference between a good HL and a new HL. I actually took a break for a while after gu36 lol. I think it was a 3 year break more or less. It’s why I don’t play might unless it’s a combo power or a heavy clip power lol
    • Like x 2
  8. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

Was that the rifle clipping? My memory is not the best but I do remember there was a time when the rifle grenade was used
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yup phantom triangle if I remember correctly
  10. L T Devoted Player

The original thought behind Hard Light was that your Ring is your weapon. Hence the limitless precision-based combos that cost no power. Rage was the same. Celestial also, I guess because the code for combos was written exclusively for precision and they didn't want to re-write things for might. When Atomic came out it was a huge deal that the combos were might based.
  11. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Oh yeah, I forgot about biggun literally one shotting weaker adds lol
  12. NeoSelkie Active Player

I still dream of being able to experience OG HL again. Even all these years later I just cant play HL anymore since it just feels slow and wrong. I was in the same boat and my break was from gu36 through legion launching. Pretty much the same on powers too, I ended up settling on nature healing since the clipping there at least made stuff feel faster.
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I always have a HL toon. It’s fastest clip is TS aoe ranged attack. It’s melee is semi fast. It’s ST is on the slow side thou. I find HL the most fun power currently available personally so no reason to not have one. As much as I like celestial as a concept, I find that power slow and sluggish. Thou I’ve been thinking about trying a different set up to see if the speed could be used.
    • Like x 1
  14. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I have to agree on the bit that Celestial combos are slow/sluggish. I would very much like to see the 3 button combos (technically 4 if you count the button press for casting) decreased by .8 to 1 second. They feel as though they take forever, and there's way too much room for interruption during those combos.
  15. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

I’ve pretty much resorted to precision for this dlc lol!! I hate rte3e being a celestial dps
    • Like x 1
  16. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I would heal it with Celestial when I could, but when I did have to dps, I found it irritating.
  17. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

Agree, unless they gave an option to make Plague/Divine Light uninterruptible.
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I mean.. they could always make an art revolving around combo powers. Maybe even with the perk to getting increased CC resistance or immunity all together.
    • Like x 1
  19. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

I mean I feel like there is enough combo powers in the game to bring something like this in! We need more than just empowered channeling
  20. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I can do pretty well the last 2 bosses with consume soul, defile, plague, malediction. I'll combo plague when I know the boss will stand still for a moment, otherwise it's just consume soul spam and anything else off cool down. I feel like RcW would work well because it's a mobile power that will follow your target even as you combo, and I used to jump around all the time with RcW so I'm used to moving and comboing with it at the same time. I know you can move during the plague combo, but I've never been good at it. At least trans/strat hits hard with all the single target dots I use with the above load out, but I agree there is no comparison to precision. My tank alt is precision and I constantly do flurry shot while moving and never lose damage.
    • Like x 1