QoL: Please let us boost our generators early

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aren Sul, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Aren Sul Committed Player

Please, please, please. At least a day early. Mine is going to elapse in 15 minutes and I'm waiting here. And I know I can deploy a generator bot, but the time out can happen in mid-battle - that shouldn't be the solution, that's a kluge fix.
    • Like x 14
  2. Proxystar #Perception

100% agree.
    • Like x 2
  3. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

I'm curious what is meant by this. What generator? The one in your lair can be recharged anytime I thought. Unless you mean the boosters that require Source Marks? If so, then yeah I'd agree with that. My inquiry is not a criticism, just an effort to learn.
    • Like x 2
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

From my own experiences, Mainframe generators in lairs can be recharged once they get either to or under 50% power. Dunno if it works the same for League halls or not.

And I don't bother with the top tier boosts for things like mods or orbitals, so I'm in the dark about that. Got other things I need to/would rather spend my Marks on.
    • Like x 2
  5. Proxystar #Perception

The power used to be locked so you couldn't pay to turn power back to 100% until it dropped below 50%

That has now been changed so that you can do it whenever.

The boosts for the extras (orbital supply etc) can only be renewed after it has expired - this is what also needs to change, so that it operates like the league buffs.

edit; - it's also somewhat scary that you say you seemingly voluntarily don't have those things lol :D
    • Like x 2
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I've always been a "play with what you need" kind of player, and while they could be helpful I've found I haven't really needed a lot of the extras you can get from Mainframes.

Nine times out of ten I forget that I have things like Orbitals and Backup on some of my characters and they usually go unused during play sessions unless I hit that key accidentally. And as far as mods I've only ever used neck and weapon mods and haven't felt the need to really explore the other options.

Would digging in deeper make things easier for myself? Probably. But if I'm doing just fine with what I am using, why worry about a ton of other stuff, especially if it costs Marks that I need for progression (gear and vendor items that award feat points)?

Could be worse, though, I could start talking about my thoughts on Artifacts and Allies and REALLY chill you to the bone. :p
    • Like x 1
  7. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Quoting myself from a previous generator/mainframe thread.

• Like x 3
  8. Aren Sul Committed Player

Yes, I should have been specific - thank you :) . It's the boosters using the Source Marks.
    • Like x 1
  9. Aren Sul Committed Player

Yep, I was referring to the boosters. The one for the tactical mods is the most useful (especially for my characters who use Empowered Channeling)
  10. Aren Sul Committed Player

Yes, I was referring to the boosts. :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Aren Sul Committed Player

True and true. When they were fielding suggestions for membership benefits, I had asked for the generators to be active without any "rents".
    • Like x 1
  12. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

[IMG]

Nothing worse than being mid-raid, dropping a supply drop, and seeing 2 balls hit the ground.

+1 from me. Devs, please make this change.
    • Like x 4
  13. Dene Devoted Player

Agreed!

but the way you wrote that.. reminded me of when I was healing a raid and everyone nearly died.. The tank hit his supply drop.. paused and over voice we all heard "oh no.. not all my balls have dropped" - i couldn't focus on healing i was laughing so hard
    • Like x 4
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Agree, when people drop their balls in the raid I want the full package.
    • Like x 4
  15. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I can pay my utilities month in advance without an issue. Why can't we just do the same thing with the mainframe? Let us pay two or three months in advance. Hell, even have a base item which will show a countdown. We can put one in every room and never have to go near the mainframe.

[Three months later]

Devs: "Introducing the new Mainframe Time Capsule! With super rare countdo...."
    • Like x 2
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

To be honest this is one of those things that I’m surprised hasn’t been changed
    • Like x 2
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Might simply be a way for them to keep players engaged with the game. Putting a time limit means players have to come back/keep playing to keep all the extra goodies they get from their Mainframes in an active state.
    • Like x 1
  18. Aren Sul Committed Player

I can guarantee if I were there we would have wiped because I would have been doubled over lol
    • Like x 1
  19. myandria Item Storage

Understood and I agree.

I have said it a few times: players who choose to have lairs should pay a monthly fee, like rent, to upkeep both the mainframe and the generator. For example, $10,000 in game money and 30 source marks a month with a 24 hour early renewal time period should work out for nearly all players. Just a suggestion, of course.
    • Like x 1
  20. GermanM Committed Player

I´m against those monthly boosts, they should allow us to put a deposit of source marks so we can auto renew our generators with months of preparation. Or just remove that thing and let us have it without cost.
    I know what are you going to say (is cheap, they dont need to remove it) Well, agree, but is anoying check time to time, at least for me.
    • Like x 1