How about more weapon options?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Wallachia, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Wallachia Devoted Player

I mean, really. There are many weapons we could have in game. Think with me:

1. Boomerang / Double Boomerang.

This one is pretty cool, because it could be both a melee and ranged weapon, unlike staff, that shoots energy, or two handed, that apparently attacks the enemy with the wind from the weapon. I mean, wtf.

We could have boomerang slashes, boomerang toss as a ranged tap, double boomerang toss for ranged hold.

2. Whip / Chain

Who never wanted to go Ghost Rider or Indiana Jones on the enemies? I just don't know how it would work for ranged, but at least it would be throwing the weapon on the enemies like a boomerang, no?

3. Sword / Spear + Shield.

Why we don't have this one escapes me, specially because it would barely alter things, it would be just like one-handed attack animations with shield defensive + ranged animations.

4. Sword + Pistol

Super Sentai, anyone?

5. Knife.

I know what you are going to say. "We have one-handed swords", but who the hell swings knives like that? Besides, this one screams "villain weapon".

Come on, can you imagine how fun this game will become with more weapons?
  2. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Economically not feasible.
  3. BeastGamingSkill Level 30

Seems like it would be a waste of time to be honest. Devs spending a lot of time working of new weapons just for most if not all players to ignore them and keep using the same 2 OP weapons.
  4. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I'd love to see more weapons as well, but unfortunately that's a big ask, especially rn. Not quite as big an ask as a power, but still a pretty big one. I think they've also said whips weren't really possible with their tech (though they said the same thing about two-sided capes and now they've found a way to make it possible, so who knows). I do think something with the boomerangs could be an Iconic Power, maybe a variation of the Batarang one, or like a variant of those shurikens characters with martial arts throw for their ranged attack.

The existing Batarang and boomerang amuse me, since you just hit enemies with them instead of actually throwing them. It makes me think of the DC superhero/villain version of when you run out of all ammo in Resident Evil and have to resort to the knife lmao.

I do have a character that has the brawling weapon and is meant to be using her claws, so it would be cool to get just like a style that gives her claws, but not a big deal, fairly low on my priorities in terms of things I want in the game. (I know there's the werewolf hands, but I have another hand style on her I wanna keep and I really just want claws/nails, not that whole deal).
  5. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Instead of having a weapon set, how about just making each into an iconic power based on the character who would use it.
    • Like x 1
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As artifact maybe. I dont see this happening as a free addition.
  7. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

We ALREADY HAVE THESE as Iconic Weapons that drop from characters that use them when you fight those characters. Or you can find them in the Auction Broker. We have Batman's Batarangs and I think we also now have Captain Boomerang's 'Rangs due to popular demand!

The Devs have been explaining to everyone for 11 and a half years that THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE DUE TO TECHNICAL LIMITATIONS WITHIN THE GAME'S ENGINE THAT ARE NOT GOING TO MAGICALLY GO AWAY! The best we can do, the best we can have, is those powers in certain Power Sets where your character uses chains or whips. I know the Hard Light Power Sets have a Power that uses Ring Construct Chains to lash at your enemy. And that's it and that's that.

The problem here seems to be that they based the Shield Weapon on characters like Captain America and The Guardian, that use only a shield, nothing else. But they've forgotten about Wonder Woman, Atomic Knight, and numerous other characters that use a weapon in their Primary Hand, and a shield on their Off Hand.

There are Dual-Wield Melee Weapons in the game already that look like 2 knives. Just because you don't have them doesn't mean they don't exist.

As for a Sword & Pistol combo, given how different the 2 weapon types are in this game regarding attack animations, the Devs might find pulling that off in a satisfactory way to be too big of a challenge. :oops:

We already have the Batarangs and Wonder Woman's Magic Lasso as Iconic Powers, but for many years, the Players have said "that's not good enough!" They finally figured out within the last year or so how to give us the Batarangs as "real weapons", but the Magic Lasso is still going to be constrained by the limitations of the game's engine. The others are theoretically possible, it's simply a question of whether or not the Devs want to devote the time and resources to developing them.
  8. Tolly Committed Player

seeing how the game ruins the balance between player power and weapon and they still can't balance the game with the current weapon powers, honestly, no thanks!

There are still too many weak powers in this game or they don't care about their situations...
  9. Wallachia Devoted Player

Sad.

But what is the name of the boomerang weapons? I want them.
  10. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

https://www.dcuosourcewall.com/ep41-iconic-styles Here's a handy guide on all the Iconic weapon styles and where they drop. They update it overtime as more are released, too.
  11. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

I'd much rather see new content than new weapons. As a might dps, I couldn't care less about weapons. But new content, everyone can benefit from that.
  12. DarkMastery Active Player

Moral of the story this games engine is holding back much that can be achieved. They aren't upgrading so we have what we have for the time being.
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Just go into the Auction Broker and search for "batarang" and "boomerang" and you should find them.