Up-Votes Needed NPCs in Death Metal Washington despawning too frequently

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by YotBR, Jun 13, 2022.

1. YotBR New Player

Ever since the release of this episode, NPCs have a chance to "despawn"/respawn, flickering for a moment and then immediately reappearing, while interacting with them, and intermittently at seemingly random intervals as well. I've experienced this happening with all of the major NPCs inside of the hub - Nubia, Miss Martian, Wonder Woman, et al. - but it's primarily noticeable with the daily quest givers and the vendors.

Most people that I've asked that have interacted with the NPCs at the hub have had this happen more than once. It creates a situation where you talk to say Miss Martian and try to accept her quest, but she despawns while the window for the quest is popped up. You can still hit accept, and the window will close like normal, but you don't actually get the quest.

It also happens with vendors and trying to buy items, which can lead to you needing to close the window and reopen it, then force you to scroll down quickly to find what you were trying to buy.

The issue seems to be exclusive to Death Metal Washington right now, and it's more a nuisance than a gamebreaking bug, but it would be nice to see this resolved before it happens in future episodes and sets a precedent.
    • Like x 5
  2. YotBR New Player

[IMG]

I walked into the hub, stood around next to her for roughly two minutes and caught it happening twice. In the picture, you can see her reappearing after despawning, or whatever is actually happening.
    • Like x 1
  3. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

There's also an issue with Lobo when you try to sell stuff to him - quite often the sale fails, and then he won't buy anything. Only way to fix it seems to be to log out of the game, and then log in again... and even that doesn't always work (last night I had to log out twice before I could sell an item to him).
    • Like x 3
  4. Ryazan Dedicated Player

This is not an issue with just PC. The NPCs in the Death Metal hub just spawn/respawn way too often, to the the point of being irritating when just trying to get missions or use the vendor.

This happens because he despawned/spawned while you were browsing his wares, since you have the UI covering most of your screen, you won't see it happening. The game thinks that you sold your items, while you still have them on you. Luckily, it doesn't happen the other way around (buying something, losing currency and getting nothing).
    • Like x 2
  5. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

This has happened before. Every three or four episodes the vendor misbehaves. I know that it used to happen in BoP, for example.

At least I know why it happens now.
  6. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Bumping this up because trying to buy anything from Lobo while browsing his wares is pain the *** thanks to this.
  7. MiLady Well-Known Player

USPC, both heroes and villians. I have experieced this as well. When I try to get a mission and they despawn/respawn, I dont get the popup to accept the mission. I have to click on them to get the mission.

For Lobo, sometimes purchasing vendor items do not work. I select the item and click to buy it and nothing happens. Since I dont want to accidentally purchase the same item more than once, I exit the vendor and talk to the vendor again. Sometimes I can only do 1 transaction at a time.

This DLC is the only one that has this problem!!!
  8. El Guapo Well-Known Player

Its taking me 3 to 4 times exiting out of the vendor to buy gear. I click on the piece I want, it tells me its for whatever role do I want to purchase, I hit x & it does not give me the gear. Glad its not taking my marks & giving me nothing but having to exit out 3-4 times is annoying as hell & honestly I feel like its going to rob me 1 day. Fix please
    • Like x 3
  9. Belthazur Dedicated Player

I Have also experienced this Multiple times.
    USPC Side here
  10. Violette Crescendo New Player

I experience this regularly.
  11. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Bumping this again, because it's incredibly frustrating to do a bounty only to come back to the hub and find out you weren't given the mission properly because of this ******************** happening mid talk with NPC.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. BumblingB I got better.

I believe this is a reset timer issue. It's been a thing since Home Turf. Something to do with making sure the vendors/quest givers are always up being on overdrive or something. I know there is a fix, as they fixed all the other times it would do this over the years.
  13. Tygerfyre Committed Player

I've been trying to sell items since yesterday, and keep getting "Vendor Request Failed" about 9 times out of 10. I don't see a thread here about the vendors having problems. I've tried a couple of different vendors, and it makes no difference.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Did you originally try to sell these items with Lobo? He's been glitchy from the start. Usually I'll hold on to the items and they'll be fixed after the daily maintenance. If that isn't working you should be able to delete most items if you're out of inventory space.
  15. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Yeah, it was with Lobo. So, wait a day, and sell them somewhere else?
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yes Lobo and the other NPCs in Death Metal Washington do this weird split second zone out/in when you talk to them. I typically will only use the vendor in my base, much safer.
  17. YotBR New Player

We're late enough in this cycle of content that it's not likely to be fixed in time to truly matter, but getting some more upvotes for visibility to prevent it from happening in the next DLC would be nice. I personally believe this issues stems from multiple changes that were put in place after some of the quest objects were being moved around through some exploits by players.