but oh "great god", why are the players so stupid ????

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, Jul 26, 2022.

1. Tolly Committed Player

Even today, in the last 'normal mode' raid, it's still becoming difficult to play with players who are at least a little bit intelligent with the final boss, people still don't understand (or for the most part anyway) that you have to block Perpetua's beam to not kill the group, yet it's not for lack of SHOUTING it BEFORE BEGINNING THAT BOSS...

I'm sorry to say it like this, but it has to come out at some point!

The fault of the development too? To stay on the case of the Perpetua ray, I think we can also blame the development of this, because when we receive the warning message, we don't even have the time to read it, that the ray arrives on us while reading... knowing that the message is supposed to "warn us" thank you for giving us the time to read it and then to be able to act accordingly, because at the time, we are more focused on the message than on what is happening.

This kind of thing should be more consistent in future DLC so that players can learn the dangers of the game better!

Otherwise, the skull and crossbones might be the problem too, because we have the same one for really deadly and not fatal dangers, a point I already mentioned to rework on this topic: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...rossbones-icon-to-be-more-informative.323221/, by the way.
    • Like x 2
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Didn't you know....all the bad players were caused by carries through old content...a problem which no longer exists since last August. You obviously have found the very few outliers who were 'taught' to be bad prior to the clamp/changes. There CAN'T be that many of those left....right? I'd chalk it up to that 1 bad run and the unlucky fact you drew a couple of the very few 'bad' players we have.

And as short or long as the message is, unless it's those people's first time in there....OBVIOUSLY, they'd have learned by now to block, right? I mean, if they've been killed by the same thing like 10x in previous runs....it would be insanity to think they'd keep doing the same thing on the next run....right?:eek:
    • Like x 7
  3. BumblingB I got better.

You don't have to block, you just have to refrain from using powers near the teammate targeted. I'm uncertain for the range, but it's best to just have everyone not use powers at all. Even heals will trigger it.

BTW, the foot mod tumbling master will trigger it too. So if you are being targeted and have that mod, just block through the attack.
  4. inferno Loyal Player

When I am in this exact situation, to lessen my frustration, I remind myself that perhaps not everyone in the group is an english speaker, able to hear, or may have poor vision. Then I tell myself it's just a game and hope my friends or league members may come on. Otherwise, I just go to event, collect my marks and go.
    • Like x 5
  5. Wallachia Devoted Player

Conversely, the Perpetua fight has a bug that allows us to rejoin the fight at any given moment without having to wipe, soooooo...
  6. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

Stupid comes naturally to me. I consider it a gift. :D
    • Like x 1
  7. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

In normal mode... it's expected. I have still yet to wash a tswr run. They tend to pick it up within my patience threshold.

Yesterday though... I ran the elite duo with a healer spinning the staff around dying to everything and I was so done with his antics I couldn't even bother to tell him how ridiculous he was or even try to help him. I painfully soloed it as a tank and just walked out. Some people on this game, man.
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

When you queue up for Smallville 9 out of 10 times it's all dps. Nine out of those ten times there's also never a healer.

What made me laugh out loud or swear or both was queuing into DSW with a troll and a tank...who both decide to switch to dps as the first boss fight started...

My patience went out the door years ago.

I wish I could stop loving my characters so much.
    • Like x 1
  9. DCUO Addict Committed Player

My condolences, and I hear you. Puggging is a total crap shoot. Today, I queued into God of Monsters, and only about half the group was paying any attention. Thankfully, the tank knew the instance, so we got through the first two bosses. However, the concept of forming a line for the lightning was beyond several people, so the last boss was long and painful. On the other hand, a couple of days ago, I had an awesome run in God Sphere with a PUG that included several new players.The more experienced folks typed directions in chat, people paid attention, and it was a really fun run. I think I average about 20%/70%/10% - good to great runs/average runs/total s*** shows.
  10. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

The past 2 weeks I've actually been unlucky enough to have LFG groups fail on last boss, and then had to re-run the entire raid just to get the death metal. 1 run someone said if was their first time, but after 3 wipes everyone started leaving. It's tough when 1 person can wipe everyone, when usually they kill themselves and the other 7 carry on.

For my tank I've solo'd the last 2 bosses too many times to count. I tell myself I'm helping the community by helping other players get renown, but now that I think about it it might be hurting the community. The worst is people queue into the elite duo as clueless DPS looking for a carry. I sometimes wipe to see if they can switch roles or will listen to feedback. Lots of times they walk out and I solo it. I used to be more lenient with troll powers, but Ryazan solos everything as a troll so they probably should be able to as well.
  11. Monkeyboy Committed Player

Development is fine. The warning message is fine. The problem is players not paying attention. Besides a few that are running it for the first time, most know to block, just don't. How can the Devs tell people to stop touching a hot stove? They put a white arrow over the person head, graphics & playing zoomed in can hide that though. If you're shouting before the fight, what more can the Devs do? They give a warning, put an arrow above ur head & there's a voice cue before she does it!
    • Like x 3
  12. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I just want to make sure I understand the nature of this bug. If I am understanding what you are saying, in Reg / Elite?, if I get KO’d, and nobody picks me up, after I respawn at the rally point & repair I can then re-enter the fight? Because I have not experienced being able to do that in either Reg or Elite. I maybe misunderstanding what you are talking about.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sounds kind of 'glitchy' to be talking about in the open.....soooooo.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I wonder if it is as simple as these are people who are use to playing the Event version so when they play the Reg version, they think the same rules apply? In the Event version, there is no need to block, Perpetua will not one shot everybody if the targeted player does not block. Maybe they are under the misconception they don’t have to block in Reg?
    • Like x 5
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You may be on to something.
    • Like x 2
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

That's a good theory, but many times it's people who have vendor or even some elite gear. While I guess you could get that with never stepping foot into the reg or elite raids....it's probably a low number of people who fit that scenario, and generally when I see a few 350-360 players is when I will most say 'bock on her beam' or 'remember to block' or whatever. Still can end in a few wipes before people start to learn....IF they learn.
    • Like x 2
  17. Bullistikz Active Player

I wonder if the fix is no more event versions for on duty for the latest episode. Give event zones in the open world with daily and weekly missions. Basically as I have seen the event versions are toned down enough mechanics don't matter, so players used to the event didn't need to learn regular mechanics, and then in the elite versions there is generally another new set of mechanics not seen in the regular version. I know bring forth the pitchforks, there is a lot of content through Omnibus and the event zone of the open world for a player to reach CR relevancy without having to have a watered-down event version of the latest episode.
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

For a group wipe mechanic like this(or the orbitals in LB SD raid), what about the event version kills the player who doesn't block or otherwise disregards a mechanic. That way they might learn to block without leaving the whole group open to repeated wipes, which would be pretty rough in real event groups (new players, low toons). It wouldn't really matter for event as the people can get back in if dead...but that little smackeroni they get, then have to respawn might be a good teaching moment.

Most mechanics that are omitted from events are 'the player dies' ones, so transition from event to reg only means that you have to realize you are dying. Don't realize it? Ok...well you die then. For this one it's way more impactful.
    • Like x 3
  19. Tolly Committed Player

And yet, after several times, some still haven't understood that they should block, even when X yells at them on the cat, they probably act as if nothing had happened, because they still keep dying when the ray has the misfortune of aiming again at the same idiot who killed us all in the previous run, I wanted to insult him so much...
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nah...I just put on my boots....kicking boots if it's one guy....walking boots if it's more than one.
    • Like x 1