I just spent most of yesterday swinging a guitar at bats that wouldn't die...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dominic Blue, Jul 23, 2022.

1. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Why did I do this? I just realized today that's the game I spend the most time on. Why Devs why? If I told my relatives and friends what I spent my Friday afternoon doing they'd look at me crazy and rightly so. I'm so wut right now?
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Are you asking about why you play the game? Or about the bats themselves?
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

what bats? I don't see any bats.

they must be in your head.
    • Like x 1
  4. thedemonocus Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

In the new Barbatos Open World boss fight, Barbatos summons Knightmare Bats which are chained. We have to activate an amp, get a guitar, and pound the Kinightmare Bats until A) the chain around them is broken, and B) we kill them.

There is a problem when our pets of any kind (including artifact pets) that causes the Knightmare Bats' health to full restore thus never defeating it. I saw in shout that the use of superpowers will cause this too. This is a glitch. I hope it is not intended

The problem is, this is Open World, it's open to the public to just come along and begin interacting in the boss fight along with the other players who were already there spamming it perhaps. Anyone can then accidentally or deliberately mess up defeating the Knightmare Bats.
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Pets do not cause it to heal itself. Superpowers don’t cause it to heal itself either. Hitting him without a guitar also doesn’t cause them to heal either. These are misinformation that players hear and then pass along as facts.

Guitars will break the chain
    When chain is gone you kill them

That’s it. Some bats get summoned glitched. I suspect (not confirmed) that they are summoning without a chain. Since they have no chain to break they can’t get killed. All that the guitar does is break the chain. That’s it. When you break a chain the guitar will disappear. You do not then need to get another guitar to kill. You just have to kill. You also do not need to put pets away or not use abilities. On top of the one bug that makes them immortal you have a second bug that make them self revive.

Those are 2 different bugs. I know this because their behavior is different. In one way the bats do not die at all. The second way they die but come back. Either way, if you run into either bug you are better off ignore the bat and see if there’s any other bat to try and kill. If there isn’t than just kill barbatos.
    • Like x 3
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Pro tip: run this on your tank alt and get the counter gear for bats without ever touching a bat.

Honestly, I just kept pulling barbs away from anything else and all the counter feats popped real fast for that room. Had another tank that would pull the nightmare Hero’s and another grabbing chained bats. Room worked well as a group. Most of us popped the 100 with about 45 barbatos kills.
    • Like x 1
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I really wish I had been a part of your group instead of the angry, toxic group I was a part of.
    • Like x 1
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

If I had known you were having toon issues, I’d have told them to pick you up :)

Add or remember the names SquishyCheeks/ Azraihell/ Holyhel/ Piece taker. If ya see me shouting, reply. I’m pretty sure I saw you the other day, I remember seeing the league name. I turned that option back on recently haha. The room did get angry eventually since most of us got all the counters and just had to kill barbatos so that’s all we were doing by the end and randoms were not happy we weren’t singling things out anymore.
    • Like x 2
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I have been actively crushing this myth in every phase i get into

those msg spammers saying don't use pets don't use powers
    and they dont stop until you can prove it to them

and your right its the glitched bats that are causing all the confusion
    most the chain breaks (by using the guitar) and then they just drop dead no matter what is hitting them pets powers what have you

then every few times a bat comes out glitched and once the chain breaks they just dont die until the boss does then they go away
    • Like x 3
  11. Tolly Committed Player

If I understand correctly, players can't attack the bat with their powers, because that would prevent them from dying?

I saw another thing too, when a tank sent the bats into the fire at the entrance of the hall, they seem to die faster.
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

the thing about hitting them with powers or pets is a myth passed along by uninformed players just parroting what others have said.

the guitar breaks the chains on bats then the bats die the chains are healing the bats not us as players no matter what we hit them with.

the problem is some bats a re glitched and dont die no matter what we do thats causing the misinformation
    • Like x 2
  13. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

I've stopped correcting people in game. Being yelled at repeatedly gets tiring when you are only trying to help.
    • Like x 2
  14. myandria Item Storage

Agreed. It would be nice if we could get a dev or two to confirm the glitch and whether or not there will be a fix for it.
    • Like x 1
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

A hot fix was just announced and a fix for this was not mentioned. So either another patch will be needed or they aren’t aware. I already have the feat but it will need to be fixed for everyone else who hasn’t gotten it yet.
    • Like x 1
  16. myandria Item Storage

Yes, I've just found and read the update; good to know they will have it fixed soon. I need that feat.
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

As far as I’m aware the patch for the bat bug wasn’t mentioned. Maybe it will be ninja fixed and they just forgot to mention it.
  18. myandria Item Storage

• Like x 1
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Ahhhh yes I missed that somehow lol. Thanks for clearing that up for me
    • Like x 1