Grains Of Time

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Elijah Seed, Jul 25, 2022.

1. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

Just a quick question regarding the Save The Universe currency Grain of Time.

We can ONLY earn them if the content that awards them counts toward the event weekly? Is that correct?

The reason I ask is that I ran Darkseid's war Factory a second time this week and did not receive any Grain of Time for the run. It was only the normal version, not Event or Elite. All I received for my run was gear and Source Marks. No Grain of Time.

Just want to confirm that Grain of Time can ONLY be earned from content that counts toward the event weekly so I don't waste my time with any more Smallvilles or DWFs this week.

Thank you!
  2. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

1. There is no "Event" for STU, it's why it's called Omnibus on the Quickplay menu.
    2. STU has its own loot lock. daily for Solos and Alerts, weekly for Raids. You want more Grains? Go replay.
    • Like x 1
  3. Tilz Loyal Player

STU content (from the STU tab) has the same usual lootlock like any other content. Always has been.
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yep. Need replays. Wouldn't be a 100% waist of the run as any runs count towards the INSANE counter feats, but yeah...no more grains unless you reset.

BTW...if you are resetting, the solo pays 2 for 12 and is 100% completion (you know if you can't beat it or not before going in) and a pretty set time(again, you should know about how long you take to finish it), the raid pays 10 for 87 and MIGHT end in a fail in the wrong group...or at least take very long. I believe the alert pays 5 for the 29 replays, so about a wash with the solo, but if the group is bad, the time can vary wildly.

Personally If I were grinding grains, I'd replay the solo 7x for 84 replays and 14 grains over <35 min vs DWF for 87 and 10 grains and ?? minutes, or worse....come up empty.
    • Like x 2
  5. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

Yeah. I appreciate the responses. I was super tired when I posted this and was at the end of a very long day of playing multiple games, the last of which was DCUO. My brain was more fried than normal. About five minutes after posting I realized my mistake - I had confused the raid for the alert and answered my own question on my own. And I was too tired to log back in to either attempt to delete this thread (don't know if that's possible) or just update my brainfart.

I wasn't trying to farm Grain but caught part of a conversation going on in the House and quickly joined a forming DWF thinking that I could get more Grain forgetting completely that DCUO is not like other MMOs that no longer have weekly raid locks. Entirely my bad.

I might spend a few Replays when they bring back The Last Son of Krypton but I'll decide that then (I'm not a fan of this BOP solo - it takes too long for a solo.) For now, it's been REALLY nice to FINALLY run DWF after all these years. I tried running it when it was new but could never find a group - everyone complained endlessly how impossible it was. And I've tried multiple times during the times I've been back to get a group but again, NO ONE wanted to run it. It's a very fun SHORT raid which appeals to my lazy nature. Or maybe I've just been lucky with the groups I've gotten? /shrug

Thanks again.
    • Like x 1
  6. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I haven't run DWF for the very reason you mentioned, I remember how horribly difficult that raid was, and I would never dare to run it in the EEG era :p
  7. Proxystar #Perception

It should be noted too that the higher the difficulty of the StU content the more grains of time you're rewarded.

If you're resetting for marks do not run the omnibus version, run at least normal or if you can be bothered elite.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

The omnibus version really is super easy as long as the group isn't completely stupid, hit me up in game I'll carry you through it :)
    • Like x 2
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I ran it a few times in made groups. Not a lot of issues, although people apparently don't know about the 'no breakouts' or passing the beam to Supes on the last boss, and don't shoot at Lashina when she is doing her whip shield.

I'm not sure I'd queue it up though. Might be a shoot show.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Carries make bad players(I've heard)....don't make bad players Proxy.:(
    • Like x 2
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Shhhh.
    • Like x 2
  12. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Thanks for the offer! I may have to take you up on that.

KikiLauran on Hero
    SheenaLeopard on Villain
    • Like x 2
  13. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

HEY HEY HEY! :p
    • Like x 2
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Just saying....apparently, all the carries are the big problem with the game....I know you don't want to be part of the problem.:rolleyes:
  15. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I only weigh 115 lbs, I'm an easy carry! Proxy, through me over your shoulder & let's go!
    • Like x 2
  16. Drathmor Unwavering Player

we ran it last night with no issues
    now we did the unspeakable and had TWO healers ( really it happened )
    and we also communicated who was getting blasted by darkside so someone would be standing by to pick that unfortunate person up
    but a super smooth run

I wasn't playing at the time this content was new so it was a fresh experience for me
    • Like x 2
  17. SuperEpik Well-Known Player

Its not that bad. I got through pretty quickly in a PUG. I think it was a PUG at least. My memory is garbage.
    • Like x 1
  18. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Thanks! I’ll definitely have to give it a try although it might have to be this weekend. Weekdays are kinda iffy here lately. Now I just need Proxy to carry me like a sack of potatoes thru the instance :)
    • Like x 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

[IMG]
    Looks like about 115 lbs....
    • Like x 2
  20. L T Devoted Player

You used the teamwork exploit. Voice chat is the most OP feature of the game and really needs to be nerfed!!
    • Like x 2