Anyone else bored of EoG stacking?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by appocolyps, Jul 23, 2022.

1. BumblingB I got better.

I get it Proxy, you like Tac swapping. Your post is a little heated, but I do want to reply to this.
    Those killed artifacts will be highlighted to the devs to either be put on the table to be buffed, (proof is the current ones on test) or nerfed. So if EOG stays on the loadout and only 3 stay the same almost always, the devs will either look at why those 3 are always used or why the other 38 aren't.
    • Like x 3
  2. Proxystar #Perception

There's nothing heated about my post.

It's not about "liking tac swapping" I neither like it nor dislike it, it's about the proper solution, which clearly isn't "disable tac swapping entirely", especially when there's better solutions.

Without addressing EOG itself, addressing tac swapping is futile, as is buffing any artifacts, even those ones currently being reworked on test, hold absolutely no hope, even buffed of shifting the meta away from EOG and that should tell you something.

Buffing the other 38 won't do anything either, until you address the actual elephant in the room.
  3. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I have a slightly different perspective because I don't see a lot of EoG stacking. I don't run elite content. My leaguemates don't play much anymore, so I'm mostly blind queue or LFG.

Sadly, some of the judgement/toxicity has been seeping into non-elite content. For example, at the end of solo-healing TSWr, with a really clean run, one of the DPS explained that I had the wrong artifacts and needed to change my artifacts to an EoG set-up. The raid went well. It was a blind queue PUG, and we all got our loot/marks quickly and painlessly. No one struggled at any point in the raid. There just wasn't a reason to correct/instruct me. That kind of thing has been happening more and more, and my response is usually something along the lines of "Thanks, I'm enjoying my set up the way it is." It's a little annoying/deflating, but nothing new in the MMO world.

I don't use EoG on my main, but I do on several alts because I gear all my toons up to be able to play DPS or non-DPS and so focus on artifacts that can work in either role. I've also always loved supercharges in any video game I've played. I like the strategy of deciding when to use them and the fun of seeing them go off. Having viable artifacts that can be used in different roles is crucial to me as a casual player. It keeps me from feeling like I'm always falling further and further behind. I actually wish there were more options for really good artifacts that work for troller and dps. I haven't found a 3-artifact combo that I like as much as EoG/Scrap/Trans for healers.

TL;DR - It's not just the players that are trying to be on the bleeding edge who have spent time/money leveling EoG. I'm not against adjusting it, especially if that would be healthier for the game, but I strongly encourage the adjustment to take into account the players that use it as a core artifact that suits their playstyle and usually don't even know what the current "meta" is.
    • Like x 2
  4. Proxystar #Perception

yea, it's sad that's happening - the one place you shouldn't be needed or being pressured into following any sort of meta is that regular content, unfortunately that's what happens when this sort of thing reaches mass saturation within the community, even the more casual players are 'expecting' that you run it and will put pressure on you to do so.

It's sad too because when revamp first happened, supercharges were supposed to mean something, now you've got people popping any supercharge they can find, not because the supercharge itself means anything, only because it procs a circle, the supercharge itself can be useless to the objective outside of just triggering the artifact.
    • Like x 2
  5. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

I would love to be compensated BUT that is A LOT of money xD that’s like a few hundred dollars! I don’t know if that’s reasonable but honestly I prefer pure healing over EoG so I’m good either way. A possibility would be maybe if you have multiple EoG up at the same time they stack and are set at a certain percentage rather than all co-existing
  6. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

I prefer pure healing either way, so to me I run EoG on dos I don’t care for EoG heals! I’ve mastered celestial dps/heals and don’t need EoG all that much.

Another issue is that people should also want to look into the BUFF troll and it’s artifacts cause that’s the meta for trolls and now we are looking at 4 artifacts that need to be adjusted and if they get nerfed to oblivion then everyone will cry that the game is broken

A possible resolution for EoG stacking would be maybe instead of all co-existing they combine into 1 EoG and offer a specific stat boost/heal
    • Like x 1
  7. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Yeah, it would take the fun out of it for me if I had to hit my supercharge just to feed the artifact. Regular content is the right speed for me because I can try different approaches that might be outside the mold and not stress (and pugging adds that extra spice of danger because of the Russian roulette in terms of what group I'll get, lol :D), but I understand that running elite/elite plus can require more attention to eeking out every last bit of healing/power/defense/damage possible.

It's clear to me from LFG that the EoG is out of balance. Whenever multiple groups start building parties around one single element, whether it's a power or an artifact or whatever, I start to think that things ain't right.
    • Like x 3
  8. BumblingB I got better.

If you don't care so much, you have an awful lot to say. I'm not going to get into the heated, because it's a common theme with the tac swapping threads you like to comment in.
    Then you agree with me, because you've just said what I talked about. Addressing the tac swapping will highlight the other parts that need addressing. It will be a domino effect that is necessary.

But the elephant is in the room and is talked about, it would be tac swapping. Sure the ones on test being buffed isn't great, but you have to understand that as long as tac swapping is allowed, there can be no balance.
    • Like x 2
  9. Proxystar #Perception

I guess we have very different definitions of what a "heated conversation" is.

And this is where we also reach clear disagreement you've said "as long as tac swapping is allowed" ergo your solution must be to remove it entirely, you've certainly not made any solution to the contrary clear, which is the aspect I do not agree with you on and never will.

Tac swapping isn't the actual issue, the perseverance of effects following removal of the artifact is the problem, not the act of swapping it itself, if the effects did not remain following the removal of the artifact then people wouldn't stack artifact effects, which is primarily what they're trying to achieve.

They're creating a scenario where they've effectively got more slots than they should have because the effect of their swapping amounts to this, but this has nothing to do with the act of swapping itself, which is merely changing your build to suit the combat scenario which may changed.

Take for example if I were playing in a Battle Tank role, but didn't want to change my build entirely but just wanted to have a bit more survivability. I open my inventory and I replace my artifact with the Manacles, job done - simple.

There's absolutely no way you can justify a heavy handed solution that removes that potential when the real problem is not the act of swapping, but the stacking resulting from excessive swapping followed by consecutive additional swaps.

The only reason I keep "having an awful lot to say" is because some people keep suggesting heavy handed responses to the problem - if you're going to keep suggesting the heavy handed response I'm going to keep saying something about it.
    • Like x 3
  10. BumblingB I got better.

So, persistence of effects when swapped is the problem is not equal to swapping being the problem? I see them as the same thing and really if you change one, then the other is resolved. If persistence is changed, then there would be no need to swap on the fly. If swapping is removed, then no need to change the persistence.

And yes, you get pretty heated in your comments. You are amusing when you try to deny it. <3
    • Like x 2
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Nah, disagreement clearly means "heat" in your world and it doesn't in mine - to me "heat" = "insults" of which I of course did not in engage in, A discussion forum is of course here for "discussion", which inevitably results in disagreements, moving on in any case.

You're wrong and I just explained why, the point I made in which you've obviously overlooked. You state that if persistence is removed then there is no need to swap on the fly, that is entirely incorrect. There is a reason to swap on the fly and that reason is an differing and required change in effect based on a strategical change in the fight.

If I wanted more survivability for example then I might swap out say a trans card in a battle tank role for a manacles, in that circumstance the effects of trans card immediately cease and the effects of manacles immediately commence. That is in actual fact no different than changing an armory except it's a bit easier and anyone, absolutely anyone irrespective of their system or capabilities is capable of this undertaking with relative ease, it is an excuse to suggest otherwise.

The perseverance of effect however is different, that is the problem with tac swapping because what they're doing is swapping artifacts continually while retaining all the effects of said artifact while then commencing to obtain the effects of the subsequent so that they're all running at once, despite not having the artifact in an active slot - that is entirely different and not even remotely the same thing.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

To-MAY-to/To-MAH-to.

You can't change your loadout, why can you change survivability? In your eyes, we should be able to hot swap our loadouts too.

You think artifacts are the same as gear, it's not. They don't even provide a significant amount of stats. What they do provide is passives. You should not be able to gain passives actively. Even if the stat bonus ends upon swap, you are still benefiting from an extra set of passives. Swap when need and swap back is no difference than the passives lasting after swap. Especially on the ones that have cooldowns to them. If swapping is blocked while in combat, just wait until you are out of combat (or downed) to swap, just like you can with your loadout and armory. OR make artifacts on it's own tab, like Allies. You get to swap on the fly if you want to go through each tab and confirm to do so if you wanted to. Win win, right?

Your reasoning is blinded because you like tac swapping. (Apparently, battle tank to tank tank artifacts. :p )
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

I don't think artifacts are the same as gear, they are the same - that is the way they have been designed, you're asking for a change in their design, remember that - it's not actually the other way around, because you don't like the way they're being used.

When the artifacts were first designed, they were designed to sit in your inventory (that is their fundamental default design) and be equipped the same as any other piece of gear that you equip through your inventory. They are fundamentally the same as a weapon, the same as a chest piece, the same as a ring in that aspect of their core design.

They provide both white stats (the same as a piece of gear) they provide percentage based stats and they provide the passive bonuses.

I am not asking to change my loadout and that has never been allowed - you've attempted to create a straw man, I never compared that and I never requested that, none of us are requesting that - I have never said once that we should be able to hot swap load outs.

Notwithstanding the fact you can obviously hot swap load outs if you wanted to switch armories that is effectively possible as well, but isn't what you always wish to do.

A smart battle players for example is already mixing and matching their play style, they build their load out already balanced around the potential for a gear change that will result in different impacts if everything goes to hell in a hand basket and something needs to change - that's the key difference between a good battle support player and a bad one.

Tac swapping also doesn't just relate to artifacts it extends to all aspects of gear stored in your inventory and has been that way since the inception of this game. If I want to change a weapon mid combat then I can. If I switch between duel wield and brawling I demonstrably alter my ability to do single target damage as opposed to AOE, the difference being night and day.

I could switch on a second neck piece I could switch on a second chest piece, with different white mods altering the impact of my character on the fly - this is all working within the confines of the systems that have been developed since the very beginning. No one had a problem with this prior to the issue being raised by some surrounding tac swapping artifacts.

The closed minded approach to combat alluded to within the sentiment of your posts is also a prime reason people fail in the likes of omnibus (although it applies to all content to levels of degree) if the circumstances change, such as a healer dies but as the tank I can switch in clarion and the group can continue and succeed, why should they not? In that circumstance you're basically suggesting the only solution to said problem of death is someone else switch healer or worst yet the group wipe and start again.

That's how nonsensical your approach is when you suggest a removal completely of tac swapping artifacts altogether, it's so ridiculously short sighted in its approach to game play solutions that it borders on laughable and I'm not saying that at all to be "heated".

Switching artifacts can demonstrably change a players build ranging from a change of 1 to a change of all 3 if you wanted to go that far and could do it safely i.e. you had enough time while taking hits etc.

Artifacts were intended to have this impact - what was not intended was for you to have the effects of say 6 or more artifacts running all at once when you only have 3 slots, the premise of those two problems are vastly different and your solution is basically to cut the limb off because you think the wound can't be healed.
    • Like x 1
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Okay!

[IMG]
  15. Ergotth Committed Player

Unpopular opinion (or not?) as a healer, I LOATHE THIS ARTIFACT!!! I RUE THE DAY someone decided to make this broken mess of abilities that basicaly make the healer even MORE of a slave to power-hungry DPSs that only care about dishing out the big numbers without even caring for the actual content.

I refuse, to my dying breath, to ever use this artifact. I'll be here, with my Purple, Page, Trans, Clarion and whatever new artifact help us healers do OUR INTENDED JOB that is keeping 7 idiots alive. Want more damage? Get a controller!

(in fact, I think EoG should've been a Controller Supercharge ability!)
  16. zNot Loyal Player

The troller shouldnt be buffing either hes job is to give power and debuff idk what the devs think the purpose of trollers are the CC on trollers and power seems to be neglected and its just about „buff my damage“ We have 4-5 dpses per raid group is that not enough damage?
  17. not serious Well-Known Player

it gets so ridiculous that you can see this, 1 player complaining about only having 2 sc 2'500 to offer him because you are not in supervitesse as a healer in hhn during the last x2 sources, or players wanting only dps with eog always for hhn. really sad to come to this.
  18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

There was a threat awhile back talking about the C and D Affinity mods being kinda worthless. Several of us gave suggestions that these could be used to boost Artifacts. One person even suggested that the D mod could be specifically used to boost multiple players using the same Artifact at the same time.

And for those peeved at this idea: Remember, C and D only work if you have six or eight Elite pieces of gear. So these abilities wouldn't be something the casual player could exploit.
  19. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Artifacts are possibly the worst thing they’ve ever put into the game. Glad I don’t need them to be amazing like most seem to.
  20. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

Those mods are brutal! I don’t even know why they exist lol. Definitely need something done to them! Like your suggestion or make them work like some of the passives you get from the Allies