Knightmare bat

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Trended, Jul 21, 2022.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

But again, that’s not the same thing. A product being used for one thing over its original intentions is the not same to there being a bug and people making claims of how to get around said bugs that don’t even work either. If a bat becomes bugged putting pets away and not using abilities does not magically fix the bug. It doesn’t allow you to all of a sudden be able to kill the bat. You aren’t doing something to jump start the bat.

Not sure if you’ve seen a video where a person put different shaped blocks into a square block. Someone finding a way to put other shapes into an opening hat wasn’t meant to be used for that is your example. However people trying to fit the square block into a different whole that doesn’t fit and making claims like “you just have to hop on one leg while you push the block to make it go in” is basically what’s happening. A coincidence of a bat becoming unbugged and dying doesn’t mean it’s a way to get around the bug if everyone else trying does it and nothing happens.

These ideas if don’t use pets and don’t use abilities doesn’t do anything
  2. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

I don't know what all the fuss is about. I got this feat on Friday. If there are glitches, they should be fixed, but the feat is still possible and fairly quickly if you are already there spamming for kill feats on barbie and the trinity. I got 90 something bat kills just from working up to the 50 kills for barbie. On Friday, I just needed a few more rounds and I was done.

It will take people longer when the spam groups die down, but we're not quite there yet. And, like you said, the major point is that you don't need to have any feat done immediately. I just happened to have a lot of time to play on Thursday (rarity for me during the week) and during the course of having fun, the feats just came.
    • Like x 1
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

already started, mate. I dared to suggest that it might be a bug the other day. not pretty.
    • Like x 1
  4. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

The highlighted green area of your quote is where the fallacy exists. It isn't a matter of the product intended to perform action A is used instead to perform action B. The perception is the Knightmare Bats are glitched and doing XYZ will overcome the glitch. Most likely performing XYZ on a non glitched Knightmare Bat led to the belief that doing only XYZ will be successful until a fix is implemented. This is now the perception of the player base towards successfully fighting the Knightmare Bats.

Once a product is perceived to be bad, it is bad in the customer's mind (players in our case) until something drastic is done to change the customer's perception. In our case a hot fix and an announcement.

All I know for certain is if anyone goes in to the Barbatos fight, using their pets/superpowers/art pets, and that poor person gets too close to a group fighting a Knightmare Bat, that person is going to get berated because the perception is now (wrongful idea of the truth as you have pointed out) deemed to be the reality of how to fight a Knightmare Bat.

Never underestimate the power of Word of Mouth, it's what can make a perception into a reality in the customer's mind. I know what I am talking about here whether you like to admit it or not.
    • Like x 2
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Except I never claims that word of mouth isn’t a thing. I clearly stated that word of mouth is what hurting the player base. That word of mouth if those who clearly do not know what they are doing is causing issues.

As for your example of doing xyz on none bugged enemy example. Not accurate. If a bat is not bugged they die extremely quickly. So no amount of pets or weapon attacks will cause any issues. Fights on bats not glitched go by quickly so there isn’t much mechanical thinking going on. People start to look for solutions when thing aren’t going well. As in when bats are bugged no combination of xyz yzx zxy will change it unless the bats coincidentally became unbugged when they tried something which I suspect is where rumors originated. I’ve seen players try to bring bats outside of the fight area. I’ve seen players say to not fight by the guitar. I’ve even seen one person claiming to fight them in the air and one trying to pin the bat behind a rock to break line of sight from barbatos. Rumors of doing xyz to kill the adds only works if it actually did anything. But it doesn’t. Rumors of xyz are a thing because players keep spreading this misinformation
  6. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Ok, at this point, I don't know if you are agreeing with me or just having fun at my expense lol
    • Like x 1
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Lol there may have been miscommunication somewhere along the way as we were arguing about word of mouth lol. I never claimed word of mouth to not be an issue lol. It been the bases of my argument about word of mouth spreading bad information lol
    • Like x 1
  8. fm0987 Committed Player

Has there been any dev clarification on this?
  9. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

Would be nice if there was something said. And a fix for the bugged bats.

Yelling at players to take off pets, arts and only use melee attacks has become normal and any suggestion that perhaps that might not be true is met with extreme hostility. Plus, you've gotten people spending so much time on the bugged bats.
    • Like x 2
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Either way, something should be done. If they are healing too much or not taking damage due to bug...obviously that should be fixed and quickly please as people are spending more time working through the feat than should be intended.

If it's working 100% correctly, then it really should be changed. If 1 or 2 pets can heal the bat, or prevent it from taking damage, once a majority of the playerbase gets their counts done, it will be tougher and tougher to find a phase where 1 guy who doesn't care can mess things up for everyone else.

A mechanic like this should never be used in Open world. A raid or alert, sure, that's a controlled group....but not open world as its way to easy to 'troll' the mechanic for no other reason than because you can....and that's not even counting those who'd do it by mistake because they don't know about it.
    • Like x 2