New Boss: Barbatos!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Shn275 Well-Known Player

I have both actually. Guess that's the case.
  2. Shn275 Well-Known Player

Nope. I don't have the "Alfred Box" at all. Another poster suggested it's probably attached to the Mother and Father Boxes by mistake.
  3. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Those weapons I think they made as rare as premium booster bundles...except it's free.Still not a single drop.
  4. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Same here, only at the time I didn's associated it with me equipping my Father Box. I was looking all over my inventory for it too once I had verified I had Father Box equipped and NOT the Alfred Box.... disappointed I didn't get the Alfred Box, but I will accept the feat none the less.
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Congratulations! I haven't made it to 50 Barbatos feat yet, the flashing lights gives me an incredible headache, so my progress is going to be slower. However, I would prefer this glitch of the bats not dying gets fixed as soon as possible. Tempers were flaring last night in Shout, as players were screaming at each other over the use of pets, Father/Mother Box, and superpowers against the bats.

This is Open World so forming your own group is a non-starter, it is open to anyone to come and participate. If other players come along using their pets, Father/Mother Boxes, superpowers on these bats and trigger the glitch, then there is nothing anyone can do about it except what I was seeing last night with tempers raging.

So I have to disagree that this is a thing.
  6. HERO TURNER2 New Player

Like the Alfred box pet , just like the Mother and Father boxwhen it came out, maybe we can get a boom tube trinket to equip for teleportation throughout the game set up with the generator like the teleporters in our bases and league halls to go any where in Dcu lol.
    • Like x 1
  7. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

The problem is pets. Pets are healing the bats (including Artifact pets like Grim). This is just like the Essence of War in Throne of the Dead and may be intentional.
  8. sebfm Well-Known Player

Yep, I know, but as DCUO has its own lore, the post-Perpetua history could include what this Brainiac will do with all what was released (The One Who Laugh, Perpetua, Source Wall, HoL, etc) :)
  9. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

If this is intentional, then it isn't well thought out in regards to the fight. With the Essence of War, we are an 8 player group, this is controlled. The group can communicate with each other, it is fixed in regard to the number of people and who is actually playing. The Essence is tanked away from the other players battling the adds (or at least should be). It is not Open World.

Open World is just that, it's open, anyone can come in at any point and partake in the fight. One can't control who comes in, one can't control if they use Pets or artifact pets . This is a General Public area and the general public will stop in and fight or stop in just to cause mayhem.

I truly hope the bats are glitched and this is not functioning as intended because Open World is for the general public and as such these kind of bosses have to be "pew pew pew" as some on here call it.
  10. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I meant not a thing dropped. This is an MMO. I realized immediately that this was a glitch and adapted. But I didn't even know the weapons were live
    • Like x 1
  11. SlipperyRichard Active Player

One phase, 23 players in it, 3 attacking barbie-toes. IDK, maybe tone the big bugger down when the population is below average. I mean 23 in the same phase was a considerable amount for the switch.

Hip, hip, hurray for the unattainable.
  12. Wonder Boi Well-Known Player

Where do the weapons and alfred box drop?
  13. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

The box is from duo idk about weapons
  14. Eve YouTuber

Looks like they are dropping from the Nightmare Iconics (Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman) during the Barbatos fight. Random chance tho, I heard the Chainsaw was pretty rare.
    • Like x 1
  15. ORaioN New Player

Doing my armory updates and the feat “ the butler did it “ promted and it might be because i equipped the father box on my load out.
  16. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

I absolutely agree. But it wouldn't be the first time devs have done some odd mechanic in Open World and expect everyone to know what to do.

Either way, devs need to tell us what's going on.
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah I assume the chainsaw is Wonder Woman, Scythe is Batman and Perhaps Guitar is Superman. I haven't seen any drop and have probably farmed them near 100 times.

I haven't even seen any guitar's on the broker. I assume part of the issue also is that people aren't always killing the sub bosses they're killing Barbatos (single target) as quickly as possible for the feat counter and it's likely unless you actually kill the sub bosses directly they don't drop, but yeah not sure exactly.
    • Like x 2
  18. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Alright alright alright, been waiting on that Wondrous Chainsaw ever since DC Comics revealed the first image(s) of Death Metal Wonder Woman! :D
    • Like x 1
  19. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

The Chain effect doesn't full remove itself on some bats, its NOT healing due to players or pets. That is misinformation. The healing/resurrection part of the mechanic is still present (even after removing the chain animation) sometimes which glitches out the nightmare bat:
    Don't spread the misinformation and further bully others from using their powers and pets, they are NOT the cause. This is the first time in the game, that this sort of mechanic has been used. So there was a good chance there might have been some bugs.

You can test this for yourselves to know if its glitched or not:

1. If you have the Death Metal Batman leveled (easier to test with since he debuffs the healing and defense of the mechanic), use his combat attack on the bat after you remove the chain.
    2. The bat will die.
    3. If the bat then resurrects right after, its bugged.
    4. Move on and ignore the bat, and kill Barbatos to get a new set from the next Barbatos or switch phases.

And yes I haven't seen the guitar weapon style anywhere, nothing on the broker either.
    • Like x 2
  20. Perdition Committed Player

well said! I tried to tell this to people in-game, and only got hate for it, haha.