Anyone else bored of EoG stacking?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by appocolyps, Jul 23, 2022.

1. appocolyps Committed Player

Interested to know the general opinion of people regarding the current EoG stacking meta?

Im really starting to dislike it, it was fun at first but its kind of way out of control imo at present.

My number one hate is being surrounded and stuck in a huddle and not being able to manoeuvre my way out of situations sometimes.

I think the damage is way overturned too, they most definitely shouldn't stack, it leaves us with no option but to do it as it is so strong.

Peoples thoughts?
    • Like x 5
  2. TheEnquirer Active Player

Most people who partake in the EoG meta are dps who most likely have Strat-Trans to fall back on if they get bored. Yes, it's boring. It also becomes more of a burden when the majority of players LFG, and what are the chances every LFG Healer has EoG ready to go back to back, expertly done. It just makes for a lot of inconsistent damage as well.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm glad I never got into it.
    • Like x 2
  4. inferno Loyal Player

People can do whatever they want. Do the stack or not, join a group that does it or not. IF it happens ok, if not..ok. Be happy with what you choose.
    • Like x 1
  5. Solarbound Committed Player

I once got kicked from a raid because I didn't assist in EOG stacking on the DPS side. Even so as I was performing the raid mechanics better than the rest of them, being the one who was constantly picking them up due to THEIR mistakes. I get irritated by the imbalance that artifact creates on the DPS side if you decide not to run with it alongside someone that is. Relying on the meta has just always been a lame way to play. I miss the days of DCUO when artifacts weren't even a thing. The game is all gimmicks now; what a joke -_-
    • Like x 3
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was annoyed by it already a year ago. I only use Eog if i see at least 2 other dps' using it too.

Eog is fairly balanced. The part that isnt, is the SC regen through support eog. If all players would only be able to use 1 sc every 30-40 seconds at best, it would automatically drive the eog benefit down. Its meant to be a group artifact that grows the damage if used by many induviduals - thats why it should stay the strongest option. Yet its actually better to use eog as dps while playing swe+ with only 2 dps' - while 1 is electricity and the other gadgets and both having access to strong Sc's every 20 seconds through triple support Eog spam (It should be the strongest artifact if used by min 4 players at the same time imo).

I would suggest changing the supercharge regen aspect of the support EoG by lowering its total regen to 5% each time used but in order to not make players feel completely ripped off, get rid of the area of effect of the artifact for support. That way players can move more freely again (generally) and the sc regen isnt completely broken.
    • Like x 2
  7. zNot Loyal Player

Im wondering if mepps and panderus are actually aware how many players are being gatekeept by the current meta and how it badly influenced the community and made it very selective (in Elite) and toxic.
    • Like x 1
  8. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not sure if its a US thing but on EU nobody makes it mandatory unless you try feats like 28sec proma or some special set up.

No content is significantly harder just because of not using EoG as dps and although support eog helps, even that is not required and even does more harm than good in certain situations (Dwfe/Fgse last boss for example).
    • Like x 3
  9. appocolyps Committed Player

Yes im the same i only use it if everyone else is, simply because if you dont you just get gapped, but i hate the play style primarily. I like your suggestions i do however personally feel that the dps EoGs should not be accumulating damage of each proc, it just results in people waiting for everyone to drop their EoGs before they drop theirs and leech the accumulated procs.

If i had my way the EoG would only register your own damage and greens would only generate SC for the caster (recently suggested by Obsidian Chill). I do fully understand why this probably cant happen though, you are correct in stating strong group play should be rewarded in better results.
    • Like x 2
  10. not serious Well-Known Player

the most disturbing with so many supercharges given by a healer especially when he spam 3sc 2.500, it takes away almost all the strategy for dps to keep and use these supercharges at important moments
    • Like x 1
  11. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Feats like 28sec proma simply wouldnt be possible without eog stacking i think.

I dont like the suggestion of only filling the own SC with support eog because i actually like to help the group as a healer and all it would do is bring back the shield sc meta wich isnt a bad thing but makes healing even more generic for most instances. Im quite happy to have something to help the group. I would even use tetra or cog if i could buff the group with it equally well as the troll but there are simply no other useful options. Having a 5% sc regen per sc is definitely still worth while but also not impactful enough to force it on other players.
  12. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

ObsidianChill has made an excellent video about this topic and gives a very good explanation as to how to nerf it (EoG) without making it useless. Personally, I enjoy using it on my tank to support the healer and keep myself healed up so the dps can benefit most from the healer. I do miss the days before artifacts became a thing. People are forced to rely too heavily on artifacts or face ridicule from the community because either their damage will be lacking or they aren't buffing the group to their liking et cetera.

I have 515 skill points and know my powers well. My skill level is high, but I am easily outdps'd by the trans strat meta by people with far less skill points because I choose to run real damage artifacts, not the free damage ones. I really wish skill points still mattered but sadly, as was mentioned by Solarbound, the game is full of gimmicks now.

Thankfully some artifacts are being revamped to try to bring them into line with other later "broken" artifacts such as the lernaea's amulet. There are several artifacts that are easily exploited and make other artifacts seem like they should be easier to level, much in the same way that allies have different tiers, but I digress.
    • Like x 2
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Meh, I use it on all my alts. My main only uses it to tac swap if enough players are doing it. But I rarely stand with the group unless they move to my spot. Or I may be flying and everyone else is too fotm to be flight so I’m just up at the roof not blocking and keeping up/ topping the board that way. Been in plenty of groups where players are stacking eogs and not even doing that good damage wise so not that concerned about it.

Now if it’s a burn or speed feat, yeah it’s basically mandatory. I guess I don’t see what others see with lfg groups mandating it otherwise. But I’m usually full renown week one with my main and he can heal or dps so he’s always welcomed into any group. Plus most are more concerned with getting thru content week 1 than speed runs. The other toons are all support roles so aside from prec players wanting cog, those toons are easy to get into a run with. My troll is an alt, if someone wants me to run cog then they’ll have to buy it for me. An alt with 602sp, 200 claw/rao/amulet/scrap/EoG, and full elite gear is enough for the majority of the game. Ignore the sweat groups and this game is a blast. Try to be their little pool boy and you’ll just be annoyed and broke
  14. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Then Don't stack in it! stop crying! Its babies like this that ruined healing shields and nature damage. Are you gonna give me all my money back for every alt that has this art? 3 tanks 6 healers? Stop trying to destroy arts that people pay for cause you don't like the bonus of the art.it so selfish to cry about a art that is literally a group benefit . if this is you mindset don't play a mmo's that a team game!
  15. appocolyps Committed Player

Please refrain from negative bashing here, its an open discussion and like it or not everyone is entitled to voice their opinion on these forums,
    believe it or not that is the intention of a forum, to discuss our like/dis-likes. Attacking people for not having the same opinion as yourself is not advised, it usually ends up with a warning from a green name.
    • Like x 1
  16. Chewy Stuff Well-Known Player

I'm still working toward getting my EOG to 200 and it would suck to get a need before I even get to enjoy it.

I love having other team members who are running it as it is definitely helpful.
  17. Proxystar #Perception

EOG is probably the most powerful artifact in the game given its direct potential to impact play style in one direction that is virtually so 'meta' it becomes impossible to avoid using it or you're simply left behind.

Not everyone is a scoreboard chaser, which is fine, but the problem with the EOG as well and how powerful it is, if you're not using it and you get left behind (and you will) if anything ever goes wrong the eyes are going on you immediately and you'll be blamed as having insufficient damage regardless.

It also pushes healers in a certain direction where they're no longer there to heal like they once were, they're all carrying 2-3 supers and stacking as many green circles as possible rather than truly healing, it epitomizes that saying "if it's dead it can't hurt you" and on top of that "if it's dead, I don't need to heal you".

The artifact probably needs to be changed, as I'm not going to profess as to exactly how, some people probably think straight in to the ground, others probably think not at all, regardless it's going to be a difficult proposition because of how many people are using it and how many people have it, ultimately having cost money, time or resources in game to level.

Unfortunately this is easier said than done, when you have something like this that is cemented so hard at the top of meta it virtually becomes impossible to ignore it no matter how much one says "Just don't do it". I'm probably guilty of saying the same when it comes to "tac swapping" when I say "just don't tac swap", despite the fact I feel I can say that with merit, I also know it's not realistic. It's like saying to a smoker "just stop smoking" - That's why ultimately I know something has to be done with tac swapping, whether I like it or not, I just don't agree with the extent, but something still has to be done.

Take this as an example.

The fact, this is even said, tends to lend towards EOG being a problem and a burn check is where these cemented metas become an issue because they appear to lend towards the argument that content is being structured around their use.

With that being the case it becomes even harder to simply say "Then Don't stack it", when you're given all but no choice if you want to do that feat, you're effectively given no way, but one way to achieve something and that's arguably not balanced.

Again, I don't know exactly what to do with this artifact, but if I'm being objectively honest about it, something needs to be done with it, because when all you see around you in serious raids are green and orange circles it tends to indicate something is too powerful or broken, if we want to have competitive variety in this game we can't have something like those heavily cemented at the top.
    • Like x 3
  18. appocolyps Committed Player

Couldnt have said anything better myself, you have hit the nail on the head with all aspects of this, its rough, i have a 200 eog iv invested time and money into it but i wouldnt complain if it was adjusted simply because its not balanced in the slightest.
    • Like x 2
  19. Henoshock Well-Known Player

I don't think EoG itself is an issue, though community toxicity is one (and is separate from what artifacts are good).

A possible way to adjust the DPS chasing aspect is to split who the 20% repeated damage between the EoG user and the other stacking member. Right now, while standing in an orange circle, 20% of your damage is dealt again but counted under whoever used the supercharge. With this change, 10% of your damage is dealt again but counted under you, and then that same 10% of your damage is dealt again but counted under whoever used the supercharge. Overall it's still repeating 20% of all damage dealt, but not being "stolen."

As for green spam heals... the easiest way to adjust this is just lower the supercharge regenerated, maybe 1.5% per second. This would however be a direct nerf. Another idea is to increase the duration of the field, but lower the regen per second. For example restores 1.2% SC per second, lasts for 10 seconds. Dash attack tanks (or similar) won't be affected, but green spam will be. May need to lower the % bonuses down though since it lasts so long.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

The issue isn't where the damage is attributed on the scoreboard, that issue is irrelevant, it's simply the amount of potential damage output regardless of where its attributed.

Attributing the damage differently on the scoreboard might solve an issue of misplaced toxicity involving a DPS being blamed for low damage despite heavily contributing to others, but won't solve the issue of the artifacts more fundamental levels of over performance in a wider respect.

As for the supercharge generation comment probably leads in to another tie in with the EOG which is the soul cloak, which is a heavily tied in artifact used in conjunction with the EOG, especially as well from a tac swapping perspective. nerfing the base supercharge generation will just push more people towards using the soul cloak in this manner, again not solving the real issue and ultimately actually hurting all the players not running these two artifacts even more.

Basically it would be a repeat of the mistake that was altering the healer supercharge shields to try and offset the effects of the EOG only for it to basically negatively impact healers use of their shields simply even more in favor of an EOG spam build.

In short, despite the fact you mean well with your suggestions, they won't actually fix anything.

In my opinion there's actually little choice but to address the elephant in the room and that's the EOG artifact itself, the real question is, what changes, if any, to the artifact itself will the community actually accept.
    • Like x 2