Artifact Swapping (my opinion)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, Jul 20, 2022.

1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Give me an example of it skipping intended difficulty then. I have an example of it increasing difficulty.
    • Like x 1
  2. appocolyps Committed Player

Unfortunately this wouldn't be enough, take scrap for example, the benefits from swapping in popping sc swapping out are insane. Scrap is one of the worst offenders as is eog, you would just leave it in for 6 secs then swap out, it would solve very little.
    • Like x 1
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

10% isn’t a lot. The difference between someone using a good loadout and someone using a bad loadout is much larger. The difference between someone cosplay dpsing (power set abilities only) is just as large if not larger.

Someone willing to go the extra mile and min max shouldn’t do more damage than someone who wants to do the bare minimum?
    • Like x 1
  4. BumblingB I got better.

I'm not sure if you read my post or just stuck on the 10%. Because your reply has no connection to what I actually said. Please reread and reply.
    • Like x 3
  5. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

If they removed it people wouldn’t level extra arts. I definitely dont think devs should make content with this in mind,,, but i do like how fast i get through my raids nowadays… at this point dcuo is a job, im here for my weekly and im off
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You said that 10% while not a lot adds up over time with a group of sweats. Did you not?
    • Like x 1
  7. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Yes, player toxicity for one. As it was said on page 1, groups imposing and expecting others to run and conform to it, mainly the dps expecting the other dps to do it for all the possible extra damage, and the trolls to carry all the buff artifacts and buff both might & precision, with mandatory swapping, etc.

This is not too different from dps that demand to have healer with EoG, come to think of it. I'm not a healer myself ("girls are healers" eff that), but I've seen healers comment on how they don't like to have that artifact. The community made healers conform to have and run EoG. Just as they made power trolls non-existent in elite content (granted Cyborg finished killing it).
    • Like x 1
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Nope, try again.

Protip, read my WHOLE post, before jumping to the reply button and making stuff up that I never said. Thanks. :)
  9. C3alix Committed Player

Nexus.

Last 3 bosses had to be beaten within 10 minutes or they'll one-shot the group. Older HL and gadget players were the go-to guys because they would add jump canceling and phase dodge to their rotations in order to dps faster (shouting for HL players and kicking Fire & Electric players was normal). The raid became "easier" when Gotham Wasteland dropped because it was open world and gear was easier to obtain, but they wasn't higher than what OC dropped.
    • Like x 1
  10. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

I have seen gameplay of art swapping and I cannot figure out how this is remotely fun. Just Sayin..

And to let another random “elite” tell me how to play? Not happening.

I have basically retired from elite instances minus the duo. I just don’t have time to deal with the randoms anymore.

Oh… I’m looking at you Devs. Your No Death Feats have basically killed my “completionist” viewpoint. Thanks… I can’t be bothered anymore relying on 7 people to focus and get the No death feats anymore.
    • Like x 4
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Don't forget, they added No Death feats to elite+ as well. I don't even think anyone on Xbox has even completed Elite+ in general XD

And forget about waiting a few DLCs to get it... That's out the window entirely now with youknowwhat.
    • Like x 3
  12. gemii Dedicated Player

Just lock the arts when in combat and then make them swappable when out of combat….

Pretty much the same approach as the power tray. We can’t change around our loadout while in combat but we can mess around with it while out of combat. You can use the same approach to help eliminate art swapping
    • Like x 2
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Sorry, didn’t see this. Wasn’t ignoring ya, just bored with these threads. But anyway, yeahhhh…. That raids older than some players on this game. You had to go back to the beginning (when artifacts didn’t even exist) to get an example. But you also listed how we all got around the intended difficulty with other means. That’s kinda my point, the player base will ALWAYS find a way and it will always find and push a new meta so why bother squashing one? Time to just accept it and move on accordingly.
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

That would probably require locking all inventory items and that’s not the right approach. New Ui is best bet. Anyone that wants to swap mid combat can go into that, couple extra button presses. I’m wondering if tac swapping has cut into armory sales. Since armories are what was supposed to be for switching builds (also LO’s) and if they could monetize tac swapping further. Most are already paying like $200 for an artifact to use once every few mins so make armories with less of a cd and lock artifacts so players have to buy more armories to tac swap. But in like Proxy’s scenario, instead of being able to go into inventory to swap, you’d swap to a matching armory with different artis. Could be a good excuse to revamp the whole armory menu/ setup.
    • Like x 1
  15. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Can we get a new forum rule that bans any more of these threads? @mepps

this is like the 50th thread since dec and at this point were just running around in circles explaining basic maths & economics.
  16. zNot Loyal Player

Wow wow is this a attempt to block peoples feedback because YOU dont like the critism people have with art swap? If anything you should be banned for requesting this!
    • Like x 4
  17. zNot Loyal Player

I also want to point out something from Obsidianchills video about this topic he claims a 4th art slot would cause imbalances yet he thinks art swapping between 10 arts as a troll is fine - let that sink in. Litteraly shows a video of a guy doing art swapping and thinks thats more balanced then everyone having the equal number of arts.
    • Like x 6
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

There is a massive difference between players choosing to swap arts and every player in the game having 4 artifacts active at once. I would hope that fact wouldn't need to be explained. When you swap artifacts you still only have 3 at a time.

If players want to ask for artifacts to change where their effects only are active when equipped and not last for 12s like the buff artifacts that is entirely a compromise and something that really should have been in the design of the artifact anyways but im sure tech at the time prevented such a change.

Until then players need to stop acting like children throwing a tantrum at the park because they see a baby playing with a toy they don't have and want.
    • Like x 4
  19. zNot Loyal Player

If everyone has 4 arts the devs can balance content according to that as charon said if they were to add another slot they would consider that when adjusting difficulty right now They are adjusting it based on 3 arts (correct me if im wrong though devs im sure u dont consider art swap do you?) but players like you who art Swap and your trollers benefit from more then 3 arts therefor skipping the intented difficulty of 3 arts.

Also the more arts they add the more ridicilous this will get over time Im also curious to see how the devs going to advertise dc while endgame elite/SM content is widely played being in our inventory half the battle. :p
    • Like x 2
  20. appocolyps Committed Player

As a player who has the toys but still wants to throw them out of the pram can i ask you something?

As one of the community's most widely know testers Obsidian, i think its fair to ask that from now on can or will you only provide testing and feedback to the devs based on you completing and taking on new content without any form of Artifact swapping then??

You are arguably one of the most influential players and for you to be testing with yourself or any of your group arti swapping you are in essence the potential issue in creating such a gap in future content for new players and players that outright cant swap due to hardware issues.
    • Like x 4