Quick Question !!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MystoganJella, Jul 18, 2022.

1. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

Does anyone remember what they said the next dlc is going be about i kind of forgot did they say it was going have something to do with black Adam or Lanterns I’m totally having a brain fart right now I know they hinted what’s to come. I believe :)
  2. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next > Go To First Unread

Panderus Senior Producer

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE - MAY 2022

Hello Heroes and Villains! Please read on for your May 2022 Development Update to learn more about some changes to our plans, what the team has been up to, and what's next for DC Universe Online.

What follows are our plans laid out as transparently as possible based what we know or expect to be true - as of right now.

Plans can always change.

NEWS

If you do not read this whole update, here's what you need to know:
    • Episode 44 is now due to launch this October.
    • Survival Mode and Save the Universe will return.
    • New 'homecoming' seasonal event.
    Let's catch up on what we have been working on.

PREVIOUSLY ON DCUO: FEBRUARY-MAY

Wow, what a spring. February kicked off the Valentine's Day seasonal event, followed by the Mister Mxyzptlk's Mischief event in March, and then the Springtime event in May. February also brought us the Joker's Legacy Time Capsule, featuring the Bombshell Harley Quinn Ally, which was then followed by a Resurgence Mega Capsule in April, featuring the Reactive Mearcian Auras.

Game Updates brought us improved Omnibus balance and scaling for elite content, the base vendor and trinket dispenser, and better user interfaces for Daily Rewards and Custom Play. Speaking of Doctor Fate's Daily Rewards, there were a ton of them! Remember, if you happened to miss any rewards, they will eventually appear on the vendor directly. Oh, and of course, April also brought us the Death Metal Batman Ally, because we just couldn't resist those sick riffs.

Saving the best for last, Episode 43: Dark Knights launched this April, featuring Perpetua and the climactic finale to the Metal saga. If you haven't jumped in to experience it, please do! All of our episodes are free and easier event versions of the content are fun for everyone.

NEXT ON DCUO: JUNE-AUGUST

This summer will of course see the return of the Tides of War seasonal event. I am also happy to announce that we will see the return of both Save the Universe and Survival Mode. Survival Mode is especially interesting this time because we're aiming for this to be our first ever 6-person content. A 'Ralert,' if you will. An 'Araid,' if you won't. ...we're still workshopping what to call it.

Survival Mode is especially interesting this time because we're aiming for this to be our first ever 6-person content.
    Daily Rewards will continue monthly, with June featuring the highly anticipated and community-voted Blue Beetle gear suit and vendor additions, including stabilizers and ally favor. I can't wait for everyone to get their hands on that suit. Speaking of things the community has requested, we will also see the launch of two new Allies: Superman and Krypto and a 'remixed' Booster Bundle. It is what it sounds like!

We will also celebrate Pride in DCUO with our June update. Look for new gifts to claim, display, and wear to show your support. Previous years' gifts will return, too, if you missed any.

NEXT AT DIMENSIONAL INK: JUNE-AUGUST

Beyond working on what is mentioned above, the team will continue to work on a native PS5 client and begin work on at least two (more) new allies for later in the year. The systems team will begin a balance update to some of our earliest artifacts as well as continue to work on more new ones.

We will also continue work on a new 'homecoming' seasonal event and, of course, Episode 44.

I do need to update everyone on a few things we won't be working on quite yet, despite previously planning to.

We won't be working on a new lair for now, and we won't yet be working on the new feature system we had planned to launch this fall. We do still intend to work on other smaller systems this year, including some lair improvements, but I will have more on that in my next development update.

I also want to call attention to Episodes 44 and 45. Episode 44 is now planned to launch this October and Episode 45 will launch early next year. Work has already begun on 44, but we would not have been able to meet our previous deadlines due to some recent staff shortages. Our new event, Save the Universe content, and Survival Mode will help fill the gap and keep things fresh.

We are hiring! Tell your friends.
    Now that said, one thing the whole team will be spending more time on over these next few months? Hiring. We are hiring! Tell your friends. We have all sorts of positions open and new folks are steadily joining the team. Even so, it takes time to ramp up to full capacity and efficiency, making these schedule adjustments unfortunate but necessary.

Again, if you have what it takes or know someone that does, hit our careers page for more information.

NEXT ON DCUO: SEPTEMBER - THE FUTURE

This fall, we will see the launch of Episode 44, the new seasonal event, the traditional fall and winter events, new allies, new artifacts, and more. Hopefully our recent emphasis on bug fixing has been apparent to everyone, and I can promise that focus will continue, too.

More on the future as we live it.

CALENDAR

If paragraphs are not your thing, maybe calendars are!

[IMG]

Thank you for reading this May 2022 Development Update and for being a part of our DCUO family. Please join the discussion and let us know what you think.

Landon "Panderus" Falls
    Executive Producer
    DC Universe Online

This is really all that I can find on the subject. It really doesn't say what the DLC will be about other than Ep 44 will drop in October and Ep. 45 early 2023 (Feb/Mar?).
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I thought somewhere it said that it would be 'Shazam' related. With a 2nd Shazam movie and Black Adam coming out, it would make sense, marketing wise.
  4. Eve YouTuber

It hasn't been confirmed at all, Charon only said they will do something for Black Adam, he wanted to do Lanterns too. So who knows. I do believe it will be Black Adam because the movie releases October 21st.
    • Like x 1
  5. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

Thanks everyone who responded I totally agree too can’t wait to see what’s in store for us :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Kreachure Committed Player

Most likely black adam. bad marketing decision if not. :confused:
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It will most likely be a Shazam/black Adam dlc. As Zoe said. Not confirmed. I believe he did say they would do Shazam stuff followed by lantern related content next year. And the devs probably work in 2 dlc concepts at a time
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Charon hinted multiple times before he left that is was going to be a Shazam/Black Adam episode. Can't wait to see recycled Kahndaq map as the open world.
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I personally would like that. I personally like the Egyptian pantheon and we don’t really get to see much of it so having an open world around that area would be interesting to me personally. Thou I can see people not wanting it lol
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

See I was trying to keep my expectations low but a recycled 12 year old map, really? You wouldn't want an actual brand new Kahndaq open world?
  11. Bullistikz Active Player

The question is will we get to see Kahndaq before WWIII, or will it be the ruins of Kahndaq that we currently have. Since StU has us technically traveling back to prior times I would hope we get to se an earlier version of Kahndaq.
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Bad marketing is no stranger to some.....

DC are replacing Black Adam in the comics by White Adam (wish I was kidding). :oops:

Sadly... Marvel did the same before.
    When Iron-Man was the flagship character of the MCU.... when he was one of the most popular character....
    in the comics they replaced him with Riri Williams. :confused:

Makes no sense..... but.... they keep on doing that. :oops:
    • Like x 1
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Oh I would love a new open world kahndaq. I’m just saying that I wouldn’t mind a kahndaq open world in general