Elite Feats

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FiremanMac85, Jul 18, 2022.

1. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

Just came back to the game, and I was shocked to see the number of elite feats in this content.

What’s the point of having reg or event anymore?

What’s even more frustrating is a lot of those feats cater to speed hackers as well. Which is ridiculous.

I’m sure I’m gonna get some flack for this but I don’t care. Elite feats should be fewer and more difficult to get, and the majority of feats should be for reg while some being more challenging than others.
    • Like x 8
  2. nawanda Loyal Player

This is the result of people who are in elitist leagues and can always get into groups with 7 other elite players having growing influence on content development over the last 2-3 years.

A disproportionate segment of content and feats is tailored to a very small handful of players.

It is what it is. I used to always finish feats within the lifetime of a DLC, I haven’t been able to do this at all since Birds of Prey DLC. I don’t think I’ve got worse as a player. In a way, it has done me a favour, because I am missing so many feats over the last two years, I kind of don’t feel I have to grind Save The Universe for feats either, because even if I did, I would still be some way off max SP.
    • Like x 1
  3. Kreachure Committed Player

Nothing caters to speed hackers lol. They're speed hackers. They'll do it all regardless.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think the majority of the feats were for reg content no? It just seems like a lot cause elite plus is mixed in as well. But while I agree it's odd seeing so many elite feats these days, they are called skill points.
    • Like x 4
  4. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

You mean "relying on 7 other players' skill" points :D
    • Like x 5
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

EXACTLY! It's not an individual gamer's skill, that gamer is dependent on 7 other people maybe friends maybe strangers. Skill points should be truly about my skills to earn them, not dependent on others. But this is an MMO, its a team effort..., then rename them to something else but don't use them as a measurement of a gamer's skill.

RavNoc is right.
    • Like x 3
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Being able to communicate and work within a group is also considered a skill.
    • Like x 2
  7. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Well, I guess opening a loot box and collecting an emblem is also skill...
    • Like x 4
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Well I guess buying that same emblem from the broker is also a skill.
  9. Ryazan Dedicated Player

And from the vendor too, I suppose.
    • Like x 1
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Who knew that an MMO would have feats related to teamwork
    • Like x 2
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

People complain that feats are to hard and that there are feats you can buy? And no I don’t mean with money. You can get those feats through the game. While I personally don’t like feats in TCs the game has balanced a large amount of SP throughout different types of content. So players can get to a pretty decent amount of SP without worrying about doing things they don’t want to do.

I’m personally missing some easy feats that I can’t be bothered to get cause I don’t want to do those instances (still need CC bounties and Battle for earth duos plus a bunch of other similar feats). I’m almost at 700sp and I’m not nothing to do a bunch of feats for various reasons
    • Like x 1
  12. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Needs to be re-classified or re-categorized. I understand teamwork and the need for successful teamwork to be rewarded, truly I do as a former cheerleader but it isn’t a true indicator of my personal skill level.
    • Like x 1
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The vast majority of [Elite] feats are also tagged as Elite or Normal in the description to appease the players who want to mindlessly go through content.
    • Like x 4
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Being able to coordinate with others is a personal skill too. I’ve seen a lot of “elite” players struggle in raids cause they can’t work well in a team. On the other hand I’ve seen less skilled players succeed better in a team too. So yes the ability to work in a team and coordinate with a team is part of personal skills.
    • Like x 2
  15. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

Yeah but there are only a couple of those. The rest are elite and higher.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Except, they're not.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Don't be silly :p

[IMG]

If you really want to get technical, they are called "skill points" because they are points that get placed into skill trees and powers. Not your personal "skill" level. Come on now :p
    • Like x 3
  18. Proxystar #Perception

No U. lol :D

Actually makes you wonder whether they just missed that in the UI change.

Many years back it just opened in to a trait menu and you had to choose between "power points" and "skill points"

You didn't even get access to all your powers, like you do now, you had to choose 15, including iconics from memory

You are exactly right, the term is used to indicate the allocation of "skills" your character possesses, not you as a person :D lol
    • Like x 1
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The points themselves are called 'Skill Points', that's the official term. You can purchase 'Stat Points' with 'Skill Points'. Make sense?
  20. DCUO Addict Committed Player

The trend does seem to be going in that direction, but that's also because of the addition of elite solos, duos, and alerts, which I am definitely not mad at, since it increases people's options, and elite plus, which I have mixed feelings on. It's not my favorite trend in the game, but there definitely are plenty of feats spread throughout content, styles, seasonals, etc., so I can max my crits and main stat and still have some points to play around with, even thought I pretty much ignore the elite feats and have given up on LPVE.

I just wish the UI was a little more user friendly. The organizer in me desperately wants to put the feats in order by content with consistent, clear descriptions. Some of the episodes are sort of that way, but it always seems like someone gave up part of the way through and just started throwing stuff on the list in random order with vague explanations. Now with the trend of adding new feats weeks after the episode comes out, the feat list is just chaos! (I may be exaggerating, just a teeny bit ;)) If there was just a way to hide feats from the list so that I could focus on the ones that I am currently working on, that would be awesome! I know this type of quality of life improvement is super low on the priority list, but I can dream :rolleyes:

The ones I'm really sick of and foolishly hope to never see again are feats the rely entirely on RNG. I have the worst luck with those. It took me years to finish off the feat in Nexus of getting each of the origin artifacts (I'm looking at you, Tantu Totem), and I still haven't gotten the stupid flight ring from the Legion: HQ Orientation alert.
    • Like x 1