Raising CR

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Vargann, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Vargann Well-Known Player

I've reached level 30, character is a sorcerer type...now how do I raise my combat rating so I can fight stronger foes? Thanks!
  2. Bullistikz Active Player

Complete feats & start running Omnibus for the gear drops you'll scale up your CR fairly quickly.
    • Like x 1
  3. Vargann Well-Known Player

I've been doing the Omnibus solos and I'm not getting much. Feats? Where do I find them?
  4. Bullistikz Active Player

The feats are listed by episode, it will look overwhelming at first. if you have acquired a few source marks, you could check out Tempest Fuginaught (Near Orrary of Worlds in Center room) in the House of Legends. He will have appropriately leveled gear as well. If your not getting much in the way of drops from the solo's start working on Duo's and Alerts.
    • Like x 1
  5. Vargann Well-Known Player

Okay I'll check into both. Appreciate the suggestions.
  6. Emoney Dedicated Player

From the pause tab, goto the trophy symbol. Then select feats. If you are fresh 30, work on exploration ones first, then the general ones, raids, and speed feats. Then as you level up and unlock new content, check the episode section for open world feats and feats tied to each solo, duo, alert and raid.

Whenever you get a drop from a boss, try to pick the piece of gear that is the lowest level equipped on you. Pay attention to the min and max item level each box has. Each time your cr goes up by one level, the boxes you open will also go up by one level until you get to the boxes max level. If you get duplicates, or just replaced a piece and ya get another, hold onto it, dont open it, until ya go up a level or two. I try to collect a few gear boxes at a time, and then open them in the order I need them. Hopefully that makes sense, if not I can try to explain it differently.
    • Like x 1
  7. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

Combat Rating is raised via your gear. Your weapon has the most weight (will raise your CR the most) followed by the chest and legs, back, etc. You can tell which has the most CR weight based on the pricing in the episode vendor - the most expensive the higher the weight.

If you collect all 8 styles for that episode set you get feat that increases your Skill Points. Every 100 Feat points = 1 Skill Point. Read the tooltips for each circle to pick the right one to put points to best develop your character.

You do NOT need to collect all 8 styles in an episode set to increase your CR. If you get all of your gear from Tempus Fuginaut in the House then better gear becomes available based on your increased (equipped)CR.

Do NOT vendor your old gear. Instead salvage it at a workstation then use the fragments from the salvaging to improve your exobyte augments. The current limit for them is 327. Level all 4 for your playstyle as best you are able. And yes, some gear cannot be salvaged nor vendored. That gear is simply deleted by moving it to your trash can. Always make sure you can salvage or vendor it before deleting it.

One last thing. In your lair is a dispenser that will give you the different mods you need to socket into your gear. You will need to spend either 245 or 345 Source Marks in your Generator Mainframe (in your lair) to fully unlock the best mods, orbitals, supply drops, etc. that are available. Be sure to also socket appropriate mods into your Generator to also boost your character (Health, Power, Might, Precision, etc.) Oh! And be on the lookout for a "Gotham & Metropolis" mods as well as an "Urgent Warfronts" mod. Those two mods are the BEST mods to add to your lair Generator to fully unlock your personal Teleporter.

I hope this helped you.

Welcome to DCUO. Please enjoy your stay.
    • Like x 1
  8. Vargann Well-Known Player

Thanks for input Emoney and Elijah! This game is actually quite different from most games I play but it is cool.
    • Like x 1
  9. Imaginos Dedicated Player

IF you really want to get nitpicky about gear here is a good gear calculator that works for most gear boxes that drop ingame. This will let you know what you should replace first to get the most bang for your source marks if buying a piece of gear too or which of 2 choices you should take. https://odyssey-gaming.netlify.app/cr-calculator.

Easiest way to get gear, outside of doing solos/duos etc.. is to also do the current episode's dailies and use those free boxes of gear, while saving marks to boost things like the back piece or buying better gear off the vendor (the named stuff).
    • Like x 1