Instability on PS4

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLorax, Jul 6, 2022.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Has anyone else on PS4 noticed a rise in crashes when changing maps? Within the past couple months I have crashed at least once a day. No loading screen before it happens, it goes straight to a black screen and then the PS4 blue screen.
    • Like x 3
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Correction: today was twice in one morning. Once leaving the Stabilizer duo and then again on another character going to the Watchtower.
    • Like x 1
  3. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I personally haven't experienced any disconnects going to those places as yet; this in no way means that I am disputing what you experienced. I'm not one of those people who are like "it didn't happen to me so there is no problem", people like that annoy me lol. When I have gotten disconnected it was usually when I was trying to go to the HoL after a raid had finished. I haven't been dc'd going to the HoL after the end of an alert so, idk if that has anything to do with it or not. My internet service provider is Spectrum and I use my home's wireless router to connect my PS4. We've got a pretty good wireless router, it's a Linksys.

It was like 7 am this morning East Coast time when I was doing all my dailies and the Stabilizer duo, so idk if the time of day plays a part in the disconnects too?

It's frustrating and I hope it can get fixed. I always explain where I was & what I was doing when I send in my incident report after I get dc'd.
  4. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

Yea your not alone and honestly people in my league been having the problem as well crashing when loading in or map changes or even simply going going to our base and yes I would say it at least happens once a day sometimes 2x and even going to the house of legends will do it sometimes (SideNote: also I got into a pcr on omnibus and it still kicking out people for that raid as well)
  5. nawanda Loyal Player

I’ve been experiencing way more crashes on PS5 and PS4 than you would consider normal for a console game. I have never experienced a crash in any other game, although I don’t play any other MMOs. At this point in the game’s life cycle, it’s just a fact of life, nothing is likely ever to be done. Warping, going through teleporters, entering a new instance and switching characters are the real pinch points.
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I’m with tiff on this. My ps4 disconnects are rare. I did have one the other day after staying in base playing with styles for awhile so that one was weird. But it’s been really good for me last few months. But my playtime consists of 4 toons running dailies and dropping gear off at the league box so take it with a grain of salt.
    • Like x 1
  7. BumblingB I got better.

It's still unstable for PC too. Probably related to the same problem. Leaguemates are crashing regularly. PC and PS alike. (I also got switch crashes too and I'm not even on the game that long. LoL)
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

For a while it was a bit better, and I had hoped it was due to that big 'hardware' update they did a few months back, but recently I've personally had and been in groups with people who have had a lot a disconnects. Generally it's been entering/leaving an instance, but the DMR/E portal generally claims at least 1 if not 2 per run, and if I take on Meta solo, I'm about guaranteed one of those teleports he throws will teleport me to the PS main screen error report.

So yeah...seems like it's business as usual on DisConnectUniverseOffline.
  9. Teint New Player

Same for me i was on ps5 it bricks it 3-4x a week i unsub until i see a fix
  10. Dilios Well-Known Player

Yeah, me too. =[
  11. WonderEU Level 30

I have noticed this also on PS5. We get what we call green screened, the screen goes green then the PS itself shuts down, can’t restart with controller have to physically turn it back on and boots into the disk check screen. Happens most days I’m online and at one point happened twice in just under an hour. Hopefully the PS5 client will fix this.
  12. beardrive Committed Player

Yep, and not only that, the "little black box" is beginning to fail.

The Vault was the ONE system in DCUO that has never once crashed nor failed either warping in or out, whether to instance or to map/wtt/hol, that I myself have experienced. It is therefore the little black box in DCUO, the one thing to survive a crash.

Over the last 2-3 weeks I have experienced numerous crashes/warp fails out of the Vault, 3 or 4 of them, from the Vault, either to a map or a lair, and other crashes from various things (one involving just opening my inventory). But yes, they are on the rise, and are affecting basic systems now.

The previous ongoing map/warp crashes from the last year or longer are a separate report I would add here, and say that these new occurrences are more widespread than before and more frequent than the 3-4 crashes people normally get in a day/week on PS4.

So yes, there are more of those crashes now, but fewer "console crashes", lol, where you wait for 5 minutes or more of black screen, not 30 seconds, and the whole PS4 has to rebuild. Thas has only happened once to me this year.