Hard Light Damage

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by TheOneXx, Jun 6, 2022.

1. TheOneXx New Player

when is hard light going to get a buff on the range side of damage (Mini Gun, Impact, snap trap, etc.) needs more option other than grasping hand and hand clap, and it'll be nice if it also had a pet too would be nice, it is a construct-based power?
    • Like x 1
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

1) Mini-Gun is a go-to power for me, VERY effective for crowd control, so not sure what your complaint is there.

2) Now that the Iconic Power Robot Sidekick has been updated with an "Exobyte Based" version keyed to your Power Set, it's very easy for Ring-Slingers to have a "Ring Construct" Robot Sidekick! Give it a try! ;)
    • Like x 2
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Instead of saying something is bad why not ask for advice on what YOU are doing wrong? HL is in a very good spot
    • Like x 5
  4. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Agreed.. +1

And last I checked the HL defense bug was gone too.. making Hard Light even more capable.
    (disappeared in the last 4 months iirc.. was still happening at Christmas 2021)
  5. Chewy Stuff Well-Known Player

Amen to this. I have ran into a few HL DPS who put out crazy numbers.
  6. Xibo Loyal Player

The problem isn't you and your power. HL is fine and well-balanced (being ranged AoE, Melee and Single Target). The problem is WM Brawling-MA SS clipping, which is clearly overpowered (because of the clipping) and seems that HL is weak when you look the scorecard but it's not the case.
  7. DeathBreakerG Level 30

If you're DPSing with 3 other stinky prec DPS all eog stacking on top of each other they're going to outdamage you by a lot. It doesn't mean HL is bad.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheOneXx New Player

I'm not doing anything wrong and not saying it's bad either, all I'm saying range AOE can use a buff, and definitely don't need any advice from YOU especially.
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

HL is one of the powers that can keep up with prec. On ST it even out dpses it.

What exactly is stopping HL from EoG stacking too? HL can make a highly compact loadout with tons of extra space to load up on SCs to stack EoG. It’s actually one of the best powers for that.

You say you HL needs a buff and say you aren’t the problem. HL is a strong power so if HL isn’t the issue than maybe the issue is your loadout/rotation/set up.
    • Like x 1
  10. TheodoreMateo New Player

An infinite range zero drop-off projection weapon platform.” And the exotic perk listed on the gun itself reads “Rounds fired from this weapon have no damage falloff