[Discussion] Save The Universe Event

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Jul 8, 2022.

1. L T Devoted Player

So the rewards suck. Except the rewards that you like, which are good.;) OK got it!
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Sure, cherry pick what you want. You can attempt to discredit me, I don't mind. :)
    • Like x 1
  3. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I am a big fan of the gear at end game level, because I bought all the rest of elite gear for my mains with the 800+ grains in my bank on each one. I have full renown on the current DLC, but I don't have enough death metal for all the gear. It actually also encourages me to complete the final 1000 elite renown on my tank alt who is around 5500 currently. I'm only at 2400 current DLC renown, so I don't have a reason to run anymore.
    • Like x 1
  4. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

So, yeah, you are pretty much iterating what I'm feeling.

This 'batching' of content did not work last year and has equally not worked this year. The playlist should be all STU instances they had planned for this year at once. I have two reasons behind the rationale in this thought:
    1. The rewards do not change or get updated between batch, therefore if someone wants to spam replays, they have to spam it on the same 3 instances. Spamming those replays is arbitrary if no other rewards planned, someone isn't going to play the second batch, if they can clock everything in the first.
    2. Last year the theme for each batch was the 3 hero mentors (BM, WW, SM). This year the theme is just SM, even less reason to batch up 3 instances.

The new rewards (ally favor & openned capsules) are good incentives but not great, and if I'm being subjective, the ally favour is much more appealing to me than a capsule I have long since finished. This area could've been massively improved upon ,and moving forward, I hope they think less cosmetics & styles and more on utility items. Catalyst packs (ally & artifact) could have been a good reward to add to the vendor for X grains of time, same with seals etc etc.

OP mentioned open world. I think this could have been a really fantastic thing, especially if they made us revisit the base game open worlds to do the stuff in.

For me, the biggest omission (and problem with the content) is feats.
    Do X amount of instances is not a feat. And should not have been left as is with the launch of this event. Please, I love DCUO so, just add new feats to these upscaled instances. Even adding a School Of Hard Knocks STU feat for each instances would have been enough.
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I have not done much elite this DLC, but cause I was done with Time Masters, and had a few 100 grains left over, boom...378. I'll still need to grind out the DK Elite at some point for the style feat, but having the STUE gear won't hurt that at all.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

It couldn't be more obvious that this iteration of Save the Universe is about gearing up for the impending Survival Mode as much as it is about providing players with something extra to do.

Tragically though, the developers would be better asking the community some times what their favourite instances are before they put them in to these things, because the instances they've chosen, and I don't think I'm alone in this opinion are some of the most horrific ones.

KCT, VMF, DWF, SmallVille, I mean lol... I mean good luck getting wide engagement when you're choosing instances that were horrific to PuG the first time and are still horrific to PuG.

You will always struggle to get engagement in content when the most casual way of joining that content continues to be an absolute struggle.

Look at all the threads on the forum, no one wants to run these things haha.

You're also right about the lack of rewards, but I don't think that even needed to be increased gear, it simply could've been additional cosmetics, but hey the rewards that could've been on there had to go in that new time capsule, have to make sure those time capsules keep pumping, right.
    • Like x 4
  7. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

The "event version" is not really event is just the normal omnibus. So people without the required cr for certain omnibus stuff won't be able to play it.
  8. FreezyPop Well-Known Player

I have been curious as to why the StU journal mission pops on every event-CR (30+) character when only characters of CR 150 can participate this round (250 if they want to do this alert). My alts can’t event get the “daily one mark” check in mark as far as I can tell. The intent is a bit muddy to me unless it’s meant to encourage CR skips? For any other content, only the alts who are high enough CR to participate get notified / have journal missions.
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

??? Did not mean the Omnibus version.
    Mean the Save the Universe Event itself.... whether Regular or Elite.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah and unlike other 'event' runs, there's no always open door, so it's much more unforgiving of F-ups. Not saying this is good or bad, just saying, assuming you are qualified for the 'reg' run (which ironically IS the 'event' run according to custom queue), I find it's actually easier than the event as you are not nerfed by the clamp and generally will run with a better quality player....YMMV. I think this is why the 'event' (meaning the EEG version) isn't getting as much play.

Honestly, I'm not sure why they don't have an 'event' version (that acts like standard events), the 'reg' would be the standard EEG version and Elite would be the upscale, added-mechanic, version...same as it is now. The only real difference then would be the gear drop options and it would be open to everyone who gets the journal entry, even <149 CR.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

[IMG]
  12. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

My one major critique is instead of using an Omnibus version of the easiest instances they may have gave us an Event version. Even Omnibus version of stat clamped KCT and VMF can be pretty frustrating for endgame players if you're in a terrible pug group. This isn't supposed to be Elite or Survival Mode, it's not alt friendly to do STU. For an event intending to fill the gap till next episode it shouldn't make players of all levels want to log off in frustration. That said I've got no problems with the rewards I like the new additions like Allies favor and opened time capsules and if there's stuff you don't need like the for the gloves other players may still need em, no harm no foul there.
  13. Max DC New Player

It's all recycled BS. It's getting rather monotonous.
  14. Kestral Committed Player

I have completed those two time capsules when they were new, I guess Ally Favor would be useful for my alts and the styles I either got last year or am not interested in. There are no new feats other then do this # amount of times. So yeah this content has a serious lack of rewards. Seasonals at least add new base items to buy each year.

I really wish that they would also let me convert a percentage of the renown into other content renown that I actually need. Even if it was at the absolute worst of 1 renown token equals 1 point instead of the 50 or whatever it would be better then the trash it is now.

I'm not going to dismiss the option of opening time capsules though. Just because I was lucky enough to buy the final items/collections off the broker does not mean everyone did and I hope to see other time capsules that I have not completed or who had neat aura drops available in other content like this or next year for this same event.
  15. L T Devoted Player

That's fair. I''ve also finished them so they're just a source of broker fodder. I feel like I'm always going to need more ally favor though.

Another good point. Actually what I think they should do is have STU drop the same ally favor boxes that the Anniversary Event does.

New base items and a couple of 10 point feats doesn't seem like it should be out of the question if and when this comes back next time.
    • Like x 1
  16. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

OH boy why you talking about this event ? like other events look otherwise its always same stuff to run + some styles ( feats ) it is how it is ! Devs are not ready with new DLC so they buying some time giving you reheated steak .
    I would like to see survival mod instead becouse its more fun .
    • Like x 1
  17. L T Devoted Player

Pretty sure that's scheduled for next month or maybe September. Forget if the dev letter gave an exact time.
  18. VariableFire Loyal Player

Not looking forward to when Volcano Mining Facility takes over the 4man Omnibus like Phantom Zone practically has.