SUGGESTION!! ~QUALITY OF LIFE~

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by OGDuramax, Jul 5, 2022.

1. OGDuramax New Player

Suggestion #1- Get a Suggestion box
    Suggestion #2 - Implement an Artifact Account Bound System, allowing players to switch their artifacts in the shared bank slots between characters. Or better yet, add the ability to inherent all the XP from previous Artifacts.
    Suggestion #3 - Add the Account Bound Renown, this will make it easier for players will multiple toons to be on far with higher content versus having a CR skip in the game.
    Suggestion #4- Consolidate all the DLC's to create a smaller file of the game and remove the watchtower indefinitely.
    Suggestion #5- Create a better system for Omnibus, allowing for an equal chance to run all content.
    Suggestion #6- Add 3-day resets on Raids instead of a 7-day cycle that is currently in place. It would make playtime during the weeks much longer than what is currently in place. Also allows people to use their replay badges on other content in the game.
    Suggestion #7 - Being able to Access League Halls through the map menu instead of the teleporter inside bases and the HoL. It is redundant to continually teleport to your base or the HoL hindering progress in some cases.
    Suggestion #8– When running Content, allow the head augments to automatically apply in correspondent to the content you are in.
    Suggestion #9– Add a preview for any wearable item in the game while in the broker, including auras, materials, base items, supply drops, and henchman.
    Suggestion #10– Get rid of the 3 hour ban when kicking players from an instance, it can really hinder the progression of content when a player is unteachable and not willing to listen when it comes to mechanics, causing for some instances to end at the beginning, middle or end of an alert/raid.
    Suggestion #11 – Add a more in-depth tutorial system for new players, showing how feats work and why they are needed. Showing how specific roles are used, and what scenarios they can be used for. Also add the ability to see a feat tab, or tracker on screen over having to search for specific feats over and over.
    Suggestion #12 – Create a promotional system, we need new players to come into the game and enjoy their stay for the game to last longer than the projected timeline stated. PROMOTE-PROMOTE-PROMOTE!!
    • Like x 2
  2. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

What does the second part of suggestion 6 mean?
  3. Monkeyboy Committed Player

1. Forums?
    2. Why kill a revenue stream?
    3. Account bound renown? Why not just sell renown?
    4. Total cluelessness on programming.
    5. Your choice to run it.
    6. see no. 2.
    7. meh
    8. what? Adaptive Augments? Laziness rewarded?
    9. meh
    10. abuse abuse abuse!
    11. read the tutorial when it pops up!
    12. meh
    • Like x 1
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I know, right? Twelve suggestions and none of them are a Slurpee machine in the break room.

My biggest quality of life suggestion...Toggle for "Hide Completed Feats"

This would also hide all Episodes where all the feats are completed.
    • Like x 2
  5. OGDuramax New Player

I am only giving suggestions from people in game, but the ability to not give any valid reasoning as to why something along the lines to not be implemented in the game is astounding. no. 12, 11 and 6 alone could generate enough revenue in the long run than Artifacts would. Glad to see that some of the veterans on this game don't enjoy the capability to improve the game rather than just complain. (Granted not all are like this).
    • Like x 1
  6. OGDuramax New Player

I mean a Slurpee Machine would be pretty awesome. lol

But yes, in correlation, the feats tab needs a rework and allowing the ability to hide in DLC feats that are completed and to add a Feat tracker in game would be astronomically helpful.
    • Like x 2
  7. OGDuramax New Player

I have many people on my friends list who log on roughly, 2-3 times a week to run dailies and weeklies but are less inclined to play because of the lack of higher reward content being loot locked, having to spend 87 replays when only given 350 a month is somewhat off putting to them.
  8. Eve YouTuber

I will reply as honest and respectful as I can!

1: Mepps already said the entire forums are a suggestion box, which is a good thing!
    2: I would love that! But I think they won't do it for two reasons: resources and loss of income for them
    3: I think the reduction feat could help if it added a reduction to alts so they have to get less renown to complete gear.
    4: They said the Watch Tower & Hall of Doom isn't going anywhere and I doubt this is even possible.
    5: 100% agreeing!
    6: I think the weekly raids are fine as they are.
    7: That would be amazing, yes!
    8: Could work!
    9: Auras are preview able and base items too. Materials and Supply Drops\Henchmen would be great to preview, or, YouTube is also your friend.
    10: No, Sorry, that would be abused so bad.
    11: Yes, I asked for this myself. This is something I 100% stand behind.
    12: To promote what exactly? The game itself? I don't think they want to or going to do this, sadly. I don't ever see the game promoted unless It's by players.
    • Like x 2
  9. Tilz Loyal Player

Problem with lootlocks would be higher vendor prices then for the gear / mods and stuff.

• Like x 1
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Anything that might disrupt or change the income for the game is probably going to be a "no-go" situation, and a more compelling argument than "I think it'll bring in as much or more money as before" is likely going to be needed to change the minds of the powers-that-be.

The Watchtower/Hall of Doom are fine as is. The Watchtower at least (can't speak for the Hall of Doom, don't go there much because the layout bugs me lol) is still a gathering point and socialization area, plus the view there is spectacular.

As for promoting the game, it's a game over 10 years old. Most promotion for games takes place right before and after launch. Outside of some exceptions to the norm, you don't see ads or promotion of a video game a year after it launches, much less ten years.
    • Like x 2
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Sorry but these are terrible ideas.

1) forums is already a suggestion box.
    2) they already added so many features to make artifacts easy to level up. If they allow artifacts to be account wide than they would increase the requirements to max them and those players who only play 1 toon would get penalized because some don’t know how to level artifacts efficiently.
    3) another of the why? Why should they do this? How is this quality of life?
    4) what exactly does this mean?
    5) the omnibus allows players who random que to fill get missing slots if those players queuing specific content. So it’s working as intended.
    6) again, why? You mentioned that this would give them revenue which does the opposite of what you suggest. People would spend less on replays because raids reset sooner.
    7) one of your only good ideas
    8) why can’t you do it yourself? It’s not like not using the augments will kill a run. You only really need to lvl a few augments.
    9) your second good idea. But that’s what your tube is for.
    10) while I find it annoying and also think 3hrs is to long. There are some who would abuse it.
    11) this has been suggested many times
    12) what’s stopping you from telling friends about the game now?
    • Like x 2
  12. OGDuramax New Player

I appreciate everyone going in on my suggestions and I appreciate the opinions being had on the suggestion I have and that I have gathered from other players, but this thread is also for other player suggestions as well lol. So please feel free to input your own suggestions rather than dogging or arguing my own and fellow players.

But once again, thanks for critiquing the ones I shared!
    • Like x 2
  13. OGDuramax New Player

There are other avenues that can be taken place to increase the revenue though, of course once the team for the game becomes bigger, but as it goes, majority of people in the watchtower are only veteran players, unless they bring new players there. The current tutorial in game does not even take you there anymore.

I also see other MMOs being advertised on a regular basis, but then again that could be because I am on sites that are associated with them, so that could be it. Not quite sure. But with the game expanding and as expanded as it has become; I do not want to say it needs, but rather it would be beneficial to advertise the game to bring in new players especially when it comes to the newer hero's movies coming out whether it be Marvel or DC. They could use that as an advantage to promote the game.
  14. Monkeyboy Committed Player

LOL!!! Passive aggressive? Your ideas are less thought out than you think! Your very first suggestion & that fact you're LITERALLY typing in its counter is hilarious!
    • Like x 1
  15. Monkeyboy Committed Player

While getting more would be welcomed, 350 replays is a decent amount. That's an extra raid a week. 4 raids a month. How many replays are enough? 1000? The only support you give for more is, "I have many people...". Guess what, if you're a sub, you said you get 350 replays, so assume you are, there's 16-character slots. Make some alts if you want continuous gameplay. There are so many ways around these issues. You can farm content, sell those drops & buy resets for 10-30 million. Farm exobytes & sell soders.
  16. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

If I may add

1.Keep toggle PvP mode on manually in PvE phase
    2. Remove FTP chat restrictions, the gold sellers are still spamming, so it provided no benefit
    3. Bring Bounties from DLC content to open world at random locations in Metro/Gotham
  17. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I believe this is one of the most important suggestions. Word of mouth advertising is ALWAYS an important aspect to a business, apart from it being free of course, but it only will go so far. A dedicated marketing campaign would work wonders. I work for a marketing firm, and trust me, if paid marketing campaigns didn't work, the Fortune 100/500 companies we work for would not pursue it and would instead spend that advertising money elsewhere. I work with accounts who have a 7 figure budget for advertising. I'm not saying Daybreak / Dimensional Ink should spend $1,000,000 on marketing but some kind of advertising budget would be beneficial to making the gaming public aware of their product to give it a try or return to see how things have changed.

All my firm can do is help these companies to get the message out about their product. It is up each individual company to then deliver on the product. Hopefully the product lives up to the advertising or exceeds expectations.

Just a few days ago, DCUO was mentioned in an article about Wonder Woman in video games; the article is from The Gamer and a link is below: https://www.thegamer.com/every-wonder-woman-video-game-appearance-ranked/

This is also a great way to get exposure for DCUO when gaming websites speak positively about the game in a review. I really do wish WB would help in the promotion of the game. I think it would be mutually beneficial.
    • Like x 1
  18. Tolly Committed Player

Linking artifacts to all characters would certainly bring a lot of people back to DCUO!

It would be necessary to do the same thing with the increases related to the character (except DLC increase) suggestion which I already made for that.

Artifacts have scared off a lot of players...

Lost ark is more or less similar with the engravings but this one can be mounted once thanks to all the rerolls, it makes the game much more pleasant than having to start all over again for a reroll, especially when you have to redo what you already hard mounted...

With this there would certainly be more players who would try to play their second role!
    • Like x 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Just a note....Not sure you know what QOL is. QOL should be changes that shouldn't impact the DI bottom line but would make our playing experience better. Although I am against it, something like the auto open boxes on drops so that we know the styles now could be seen as a good example of QOL. Having the missing collection names show up on PS4 now...real nice QOL. Things like rings auto applying over your worse ring....nice QOL. Some of your requests are basically 'give us more' requests, which DI has no incentive to implement as it's just bad for them. While I'm all for them giving away more for free....That's not QOL...it's just 'gimmie' requests. Feel free to ask for them, but I'd guess they will go no where.

#1 They have one....you are on it....making suggestions.
    #2 Probably won't ever happen. This request is so lop sided in favor of the users (which...yes...I am one as well), do you think they would ever do it and if they did...what do you think they'd replace that income with? Whatever it is...it wouldn't be optional.
    #3 Doubtful, but maybe if it was EEG only. Endgame sharing of Renown would put a BIG dent in replays.
    #4....you on dialup bruh? Not sure how much programming is tied up in the WT, but if they were going to dump it, I'd guess it would not be to save on download space/time.
    #5 Yeah, some sort of 'shuffle' mechanic that would eliminate a run after you've rejected it 5x would be nice. Not that it would help populate the run someone else is trying to get done, but neither does repeated 'your queue has popped....oh, wait...someone opted out again'.
    #6 Nope...again, this cuts directly into reset sales and is 100% 'give me moooooore'. There would be no incentive for them doing this.
    #7 Probably your most QOL request here. 100% agree and have mentioned it myself. Especially true now that they buried the league hall teleporter further into the HOL
    #8 Agreed. Or if not auto applied, maybe the 'non battle' benefits like loot could be made innate so a swap is not required just to get an extra mark, or gear choice....but you'd have to put them on to get the damage reduction.
    #9 Auras and base items are already previewable, they said there are technical issues with chromas and materials and I'd guess everyone has seen whatever orbital, supply drop or henchman they are looking for. I guess those could be added though....maybe
    #10 Yep...should be 1 hour max
    #11 100% needed, although not sure we need a tutorial on why feats are needed. Roles...yes sir. Feat tracker, bring it on too.
    #12 Not sure what this really means. Like promote the game online (like a twitch streamer gets X item or cash for streaming the game)? If so, I could see that....unfortunately I could see it also being abused/manipulated.

Some good points to be sure, just a few too many 'give us stuff' mixed in.

EDIT: I'll add a few, just so I'm not being 'negative'.
    1) Get rid of the stupid socketing and donating of 'modded' items verification. They were from a time when the base white mods were tradable and valuable....0 reason to have them at this point.
    2) Add a 'show related items' option to the broker. If I'm looking to pick up a TC gear set or collection, find 1, press Square or F7 or something and I see all pieces available that are in the same 'set'. Emblems, collections, base items (would really help with finding seasonal/DLC base items for feats), gear....all should be able to be grouped in some 'like' fashion
    3) Increase the broker cap at least to the trade cap of 2.1B.
    4) AQS - Adjustable Queue System. Let us queue into whatever content we want with whatever we have in the current group. 1, 2, 5, 7...whatever. Especially for old feats. 1 or 2 extra randoms generally will ruin a feat, don't make me take them along or spend the day looking for fillers to get in.
    5) Allow gear pieces to stack. TC gear does...I can have 2 "Forbidden Belt' boxes, why can't I stack up my drop 'General's belt' box if I have 2?
    6) ....and emblems, collections and base items. I'd think they could stack as well.
    7) A 'teleport to' feature would be nice. Go to friends or recent text and 'teleport to'. Basically the phase function, just more targeted, crossing zones AND phase.
    8) When a broker listing fails, have the value you posted it for in the mail. Should just be adding a line in the email that says what it was listed for....which was known at the time the listing goes stale. Would help for people re-listing items so you'd know what was probably too high.

All gems? No...probably not. But none would cost DI income (other than the programmer pay to implement them), so all would be valid QOL vs 'give me more' requests. How much quality? Well...that depends on the user's opinion.
  20. Panderus Senior Producer

Some comments in line.

• Like x 10