Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, Jul 4, 2022.

1. Tolly Committed Player

I find and compared to the experience on the EU server that this type of experience is really painful, rare are those who manage to do it and question research of group it is a chore, 3/4 of the time impossible to find 2 tank we spend a crazy time to create a group we manage well to find 1 tank, but 90% the group ends up dissolving because we do not find the second tank, see in the friends I would like to, but I have almost no friends who continues on DCUO....

The most frustrating thing about this is that you can't even do instances at any time on DCUO, even though it's an MMO, even on weekends, and you'd think that there would be more motivated players, but on DCUO it's really not the case anymore, and even in the league it's the same thing, plus a lot of people are afraid of the elite content, or don't give a damn about the elite content at all for others...

I really hope this experience will never be repeated on DCUO !
    • Like x 1
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I’m going to assume you’re speaking about elite content vs event and regular? I’m really hoping there aren’t groups looking for 2 tanks for reg. Tho I have seen plenty of tanks getting folded in there. There’s a post right above yours asking about player retention. So you want the content to be even easier which would make that other persons gripe even more possible because players would leave the game even faster if elite content gets easier. This is a pure “can’t please everyone” post. A lot of us don’t want elite getting an easier than it already is because we don’t want to be in elite plus. Your experience is what the US side experiences when building a TSWE+ group. Find 4 tanks. Some of us can but then we have to rely on others and that throws plus right out the window.

Make a tank toon is still the best advice I can give you or anyone. It gets real easy to build a group once the roles are handled. If you’re only allowing top tier toons in, plan on that making it much harder to make a group. If you’ll allow anyone in and teach, that will make groups easier to build later on. My usuals brought in a few “noobs” this time around and now they’re all full renown and elite gear. Some still have 140artis and under 300sp but we’ll just beat it slow.

The EU sounds like it’s in a rough spot lately. It’s up to the community to turn that around as much as it’s on the devs. Become the roles you’re missing. Finding dps is always easy. Maybe not great ones but all they need to do is survive vs being useful like other roles. If they burn great, cool. If they burn slow, it still gets done as long as the roles know what to do. This raid, like most, has an “importance” level. Healers and tanks are pretty level on this one. You can have great heals (2 for LFG groups ain’t a terrible idea) or 2 great tanks or 2 and 2 ok ones and do fine. Trolls can help lunges. Then the least important as almost always, dps. So if you’re a dps and having hard times finding groups, it’s time to make the switch.

And the usual info: get in early. We all finish our mains renown within the 1st 2 weeks. Then we all go down the list of our toons and they literally lower in quality as we go. So eventually we’re all on our undergeared/ underbuilt alts and that causes more failing. If you can’t get into groups in the 1st 2 weeks, wait for the double or triple events.
    • Like x 2
  3. Tilz Loyal Player

Yes and no. Most tanks on endgame (EUPC) i know stick to their leagues/friends.
    In addition to that most are in SWe+ now trying to beat it or beating it again (some did, some not). I don't know any of those "top tanks" that like to run LFG/random ppl for the SWe. Sometimes they do it for loot, but not very often. Or they try to form a group from LFG when 2 or 3 ppl are missing in their group.

All raids even elite being able to beat with only 1 Tank are to easy. I am not a fan having 4 tanks in raids just for the sake of "being hard". thats the wrong way, but going closer to 2222 setup in elites is a good thing.
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Tanks in general are hard to find because of the amount of pressure players put on them. I personally only tank for people I know or tank things I can solo for people I do not know. Players expect tanks to be perfect and to overcome imperfect groups or be called out for others issues.

Dps keep dying because they run ahead of group? Tank move faster.
    Healer keeps spamming abilities and runs out of power during key moments? Tank keep everything away from every single person
    Troll spamming stuns and giving adds immunity? Tank why is this add that does scripted attacks attacking me?
    Troll not stunning key mechanic adds? Tank why is this add stunning me?
    Healer gets MCed? Tank really????

Outside of trolls being asked to have multiple arts (by some players) tanks get asked to do everything. While there may be less players on the EU side, the real issue is that players don’t want to tank. And those that do get forced into running with only people they know.
    • Like x 5
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I assume youre mainly talking about Swe.

Its actually possible to solo tank it. Its not as silky smooth as a 2-tank set up but definitely doable.
    It requires an overall better group however. A group that responds and reacts, since multiple mechanics will happen at once. Its actually more fun because that way its an elite raid for everyone and not just an elite raid for tanks, carrying most of the group through it.
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Thats why the motto i adopted way back is “blame the dps”.
    Im a dps……. And yet, blame the dps! Dps area dime a dozen, roles are not.
    Players could always try communicating instead of blaming BUT we know that wont happen so blame the dps y’all. Its the safer play!!!
  7. Bullistikz Active Player

Ultimately just because something can be done, does not mean it should be. Yes if you can Solo Tank SWE good for you, with that being said DCUO is a multiplayer game. Optimize your Role and your placement within the content, observe and learn, you'll accomplish most none style feats the game has to offer.
  8. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Yep. I used to have a hard time explaining scripted mechanics to my old leaguemates. They legit would die over and over to scripted mechanics that I would wait until no one was on to pug with people that were fun to play with that had understanding. Once those friends left the game, I run 2-3 toons at a time as I have lots of toons and I go Troll, dps, dps, heal, dps, Tank in order of leveling up. By the time I tank, I want people to have understanding of the raid. I dont wanna take crap that the troll didnt debuff skull crusher and the dps didnt burn him out. Figure to let everyone learn the mechanic before I get my feelings hurt that an add just wiped the group. I do use my tank for feat runs when I do eventually use him so I at least contribute to the games life by tanking some difficult stuff. I do question the others who complain we dont have enough tanks that never tank.

It used to be my troll and tank were co-main toons, but I chose to back my tank off.
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Sheet I don't even think anyone on Xbox has beaten TSWE+ yet what-so-ever heh. We have even less population than EU, so finding even 1 tank for reg alone is usually a chore, let alone multiple. RIP
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

^^^THIS. I rarely tank outside of league runs.
  11. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

It’s a pita to even get a tank that can actually tank and draw aggro, not just weapon taps.
    • Like x 1