Roadmap of power fixes and updates.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Kanmaru, May 15, 2022.

1. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

This is exactly how I feel about Singularity, Gravity Well, Gravity Bomb and Tachyon Blast. Warped Reality was also another but since all power weapon buffs were changed it wouldn't be fair to mention it.

What the powers did before the stats revamp and after it are huge differences. They are currently in a questionable spot in my personal opinion.

I would definitely want them and Quantum as a whole to be reviewed.
  2. JadenBoss23 New Player

I think it is necessary to strengthen weak forces (water, ice, atomic), but not strong.
    I also think I need to deal with strength interaction. It is necessary that the abilities have several power interactions. For example, for a wave distortion, I add destabilizes and graviton-charges.
    As in Time Bomb (Power Interactions: Destabilized or Graviton-Charge Enemies Take Extra Damage.)
    P.S Sorry for my english.
  3. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

So prime example of what I mean about Singularity and Gravity Bomb's damage pre
    -stats revamp WITHOUT WM bonus or AM damage. With 166 CR and 148 skill points, this person was able to deal 32k critical damage from the first initial hit with Singularity and then 35k critical damage with Gravity Bomb on a single target. This means that 1 hit from Singularity pre revamp was vastly better in burst damage than what we have currently. It also hit harder than Alcubierre Wave did so funny how we ended up in this situation.

Now Singularity is far weaker when it comes to burst damage in comparison to pre stats revamp. This was the point I was trying to get across. Gravity Bomb because of it's terrible travel speed and chance to miss a target, it should be a 300 power cost ability with decently more damage. CR differential could play a slight part in this but not much.

Singularity should for the one hundredth time be reverted back to how it used to work. No matter how you look at it Quantum was a burst power and one of our best burst powers was nerfed. So if Gravity Bomb was to deal 100k critical damage in stats revamp then Singularity in it's first hit should deal 96k or 98k critical damage by pre revamp numbers. I've always said that they were both close to each other in damage.

I personally say that Singularity goes back to hitting a target 4 times. 4 hits was pre revamp ticks btw. It was 85%, 5%, 3%, 7% of total damage spread across the 4 ticks of damage. I would also be okay with 3 hits dealing 90%, 3%, 7% for 3 ticks of it's total damage. Singularity should also be turned into a 300 power cost ability.

This is why we need a voting poll in game because if we did the changes to quantum, weapon buffs and other powers would've neeevver happened if console players had a say so in the matter.
  4. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Make Quantum great again.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm not sure what you mean by "great again" but on my Quantum character I can surpass or at least keep up with full elite equipped DPS.
  6. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

If you watch the video above, Quantum is not as good as it used to be PvE and especially not PvP. I'm sure your artifacts help you greatly as well. Singularity and Gravity Bomb are not what they used to be. The video and explanation I addressed is why I keep bringing this up.

I also know that most people who truly main quantum on USPS don't like the changes that were made to the powerset.

Also, competitive PvP players (myself included) can't use quantum the way it is without relying on time bomb to do it's massive damage. Singularity, Gravity Bomb, Gravity Well, Tachyon Blast and Warped Reality were butchered. Since Warped Reality is a weapon buff that is another topic altogether.

I'm not saying you're not a true quantum player so don't take offense to what I'm saying but I would also say that people who knew and liked quantum as a main, did not like the changes that were made. These people are also on console and don't use the forums to share their complaints so it's up to me to address the issue for all of our sakes.

This is why I've stated that in game voting polls/systems are a necessity because it would truly expose how much people don't like the changes or direction the game is going in.

You thinking that Quantum is fine the way it is now means you don't main Quantum as your primary power. Only quantum mains truly understand where I'm coming from. There are things that I know nothing about Nature and will never say it's fine just because I can out DPS a group of people in elite gear. Also, having artifact abilities in your loadout and using that to say that a powerset is just fine does not count. I've seen people do plenty of DPS competitions with a power and only spam Heat Vision.

There are probably powers in the Nature powerset that need to be fixed and addressed so my input on the matter wouldn't be of any help because I don't main it or never honed it to be as such. I might be decent but can't call myself a master. It wouldn't be fair of me to try and discredit someone's attempt to get their favorite power fixed or looked into.

What I'm trying to say is that just because you think there is no issue with something doesn't mean that there isn't one for people who know how to use quantum better than you do (PvE) and especially in a PvP setting. Try it in arenas without using Time Bomb and if you can, please post footage back here to prove you don't need the fixes I'm asking for. Don't forget this is for both PvE and PvP.

Whatever your main favorite powerset is, use it without artifacts and you will see it's flaws or if it's balanced enough without them. People don't realize that all of our powers are band-aid assisted in content now.

I hope you don't take offense to what I've stated here but it's true.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't need to watch the video because it's six years old and irrelevant. PvP is broken for all powersets not just Quantum. Until PvP is fixed, discussing the competitive capacity of Quantum is also irrelevant.

A lot of people don't like change. Normally people adapt or move on. You chose Option C, hold onto the past with an iron grip.

I main Fire, Nature and Quantum. Could Quantum be improved on? Absolutely. All powersets have room for improvement. No one is arguing this but when you make little comments like "Make Quantum great again." it really sounds like you're trashing the power. You make Quantum sound like an absolute garbage power every time you discuss it and despite all your best attempts to convince us, Quantum isn't a garbage power. You cite videos from the Advanced Mechanics era I can't help but think that you're trying to force loadouts from 2016 to work for you in 2022. This would explain why you're having such a hard time because you can't let go of the past and relearn how to play your power. Quantum is never going to play in exactly the same way as it did prior to 2017. This is something you need to come to terms with.

That's what you might think but I'm not the one at the bottom of the boards complaining that Quantum needs to be fixed.

The word you were looking for is 'biased'. “Whether we regard someone's opinion as a fact or as an opinion depends on whether they are criticizing or complimenting us.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana.
  8. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

My main focus was fixing two powers in quantum that were changed in the revamp for reasons we still don't know. Singularity and Gravity Bomb are the major issues that I see. Yes, every power needs to be looked into. Yes, we all know PvP in itself needs a rework but how powers also work on players outside of arenas is just as bad (Open World.) This also transitions to PvE. Singularity in it's initial first hit is 3.5x weaker period. Singularity 's PI was also for whatever reason changed to applying graviton charge to enemies instead of dealing more damage to enemies who are graviton charged, another red flag.

This is why I state that it's "true" that Quantum isn't as good as it use to be without the AM or WM bonuses. Not biased opinion, but hard data from videos and knowing how the power functions like it's the back of my hand. How does Singularity go from dealing 3k critical damage less than a Gravity Bomb in just it's first initial hit alone to this post Revamp version that is vastly weaker by 3x and is spread across 5 ticks of damage instead of 4? This was one of Quantum's hardest hitting abilities mind you. I have every right to complain about it's state.

It's also very weird that the devs would make Gravity Bomb only a 200 cost power when they knew full well that it was also one of the hardest hitting powers within Quantum. Both Singularity and Gravity Bomb are 300 power cost worthy contenders because of what they were and how they should be used in the stats revamp. The abysmal travel speed and ability to miss enemies should also make up for the probability of losing DPS and increase in it's damage and power cost for both powers.

I'm not always at the top of the board but that's not because of my power. It's because of Artifacts and how people know how to exploit swapping them out in combat. If devs made content where artifacts were disabled in PvE instances it would expose so many issues with power balances and show that people are defending unhealthy practices. It's true that powers are closer to each other in damage than they've ever been and that's the truth but there are powers that will still slowly move away from others.

It's not being stuck in the past if I'm addressing how bad certain powers are compared to their past counterparts, it's a 'fact.'