QoL - 2nd Free Armory

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Nocturnal, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I strongly believe new players should get 2 free armories (instead of just 1), one for DPS and one for support role. I feel it would encourage proper Queueing as well, since many don't have that 2nd armory to choose from. They usually just stay in a loadout they probably shouldn't be. Only having 1 armory is kind of pointless without another to switch to.

Perhaps the 2nd one can be unlocked when reaching level 30? Or even taking it further and unlocking after learning their support role? (This is where a nice good future role tutorial mission comes to mind).

I feel this is possibly why many players queue in role, because they don't have another loadout they could switch to.

I know it can simply be purchased, but a TON of players don't want to invest in one, or even know how to either.

Edit: Idk, just seemed to make sense at the time writing this.
    • Like x 16
  2. Mysticwarriormj Well-Known Player

I agree, but the second one should be granted after you do a quest to do an alert as the support role (tank, controller, healer for those who still have no clue what those are). That way its not just throwing them to the wind. Besides alerts aren't that hard with the right team.
    • Like x 1
  3. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Solid idea. But the tutorial needs to explain all roles, not be locked behind an alert queue up. Something similar to the artifact/ally mission, and yeah, level 30, soon as it hits, unlock the mission.

HoL update and the removal of loads of the F2P restrictions means carrying two sets of gear on a character is totally viable.
    We would (hopefully) have fewer bad queues.
    We would (hopefully) have fewer skittles players.
    It might even teach people mechanics and why they exist.
    Honestly can't see a negative to this other than time & work to develop.
    • Like x 3
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I doubt they'd give one away as armories make money. I would be good with just a single 'all toon's sellable armory. You get your granted 1st one same as always...all toons have one. Then a single '2nd armory' item in the MP, that you could buy and all toons could have available for claim. The rest could be a-la-cart for those toons that want a 3rd, 4th or 16th armory for whatever reason. The price could be a bit prohibitive, like maybe $10, so it would still make DI some money, but would it would make every toon on an account now able to dual role (well....maybe not 'able' but at least armory capable) and we'd get out of the penalty of losing a 2nd armory any time we delete/recreate a toon.

Anyhoo....as it WOULD lose DI some money, I'd doubt we'll see it....but it seems like a happy medium (if priced right) for a bit 'good for us' and a bit 'good for them'.
  5. Wallachia Devoted Player

I wholeheartedly agree. We are offered two roles, but the proper condition to use those two roles is behind a paywall.
    • Like x 5
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

And what was it behind back when armories didn't exist?
    • Like x 2
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

To be fair, pre armories I think people stuck more to role or DPS. 'Switching' was a luxury most didn't partake in as it involved a trip back to the WT/HOD, respec, re-equip, assign SP and powers, then go back to your run.....OH CRAP...I FORGOT MOVEMENT MODE...brb again....

Yeah, there were some who would switch on the fly or often, but it wasn't Joe 'fresh off level 30' player, it was more a hardcore thing to do.

I think now it's more reasonable to expect that a player 'can' switch on the fly....even though some still only run 1 armory. The 'first one is free' crack vial armory is doing exactly what it's supposed to do....make us want more.
    • Like x 1
  8. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Isn't an additional armory like $5? Seriously anyone not getting at least one additional armory has taken living the "peasant life" to a whole 'nother level.
    • Like x 3
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah....per toon (16x5 = $80), and it goes with the toon if you delete. Just saying, a cross account 2nd armory would be nice...even if it were $25-$30 to set up vs the $5 a-la carte.

It wouldn't be as bad if they didn't pull the much more attractive 8 pack....but yeah, they did that too.
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

The increased spend is forced through a self imposed desire to play 16 toons. ergo, stop playing 16 toons.
    • Like x 5
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

The MTX division:
    [IMG]
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

Thank you for the IRL LOL:D

You goofed up on one of your SP points,

welp pay $500 to spend 10 minutes doing them all over again.

The respec chamber used to get foot traffic lol
  14. nawanda Loyal Player

Totally irrelevant post.

Let’s deal with the situation as it is now, shall we, where not enough players learn and play a support role, and where armouries do exist and where setting up a support role build is a major hassle without a dedicated armoury.

Do you actually disagree that giving players a support role armoury would be a good idea? I’d love to read a sensible counterargument. I’ve bought about 12-15 extra armouries over the years and I would have no issue with all characters being given a free armoury that is locked to their power set’s support role.
  15. Swamarian Committed Player

Nah, people just switched gear. There wasn't nearly as much to spend skill points on.
    • Like x 2
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well....I'm not in control of other people's spending like you are. And I did say it's pretty reasonable to expect someone to have a 2nd armory....but we all have run into some that don't. Maybe that's their 4th or 5th toon(or 16th)....or one they haven't decided on being a daily runner yet, or maybe they are just peasants.

EVERYONE....SHUT 'ER DOWN....Proxy doesn't feel any changes are needed or any ideas should be floated as options. Spend your $5 and shut the hell up people!

BTW....I don't really care that much either way, I just made a suggestion to build on the OP's "Give us a free 2nd armory" request that will NEVER happen. I've still got 3 or 4 left over from my last 8 pack about 4 years ago I'll likely never use since I dropped sub. Pull the free one for all it matters to me....raise the price to $50 per armory if you want. That will weed out the 'peasants' from the 'leet players, right?
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You're right....no one ever did that. I made it up. No one ever signed out of a light. mental or gadgets DPS toon to go get on 'their troll' either.
  18. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

nah id rather just have the one armory, never have to do anything other then dps and never worry if im going to be insulted as support.
    • Like x 1
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Idk. It just seems to be one reason so many players queue into omnibus in role and can't switch after joining. I don't personally run it, but I've seen many threads complaining about it recently. Thought it might help.

If not a 2nd armory, then perhaps the "switch role" option should have a few more things tied to it than just the loadout I guess. (Such as SP, but not armor/augs/style/etc.)
    • Like x 1
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

I have all 4 of them and 3 are simply for aesthetic style purposes, i wish someone would tell how i should use a armory they didn't pay for...