Base Ideas: Character Home

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by K3str3lDC, Jun 23, 2022.

1. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I have a character named Moonwater (Moonwat3r in-game) who's essentially an inverse Starfire (still need to determine what exactly that means in terms of her powers and abilities, but that's for another chat). I got her the Atlantean base and I've been planning a general idea of what I wanna do with it. What I have in mind is that it's basically just some fancy Tamaranean-style-ish home (I think of Moonwater as being of another ethnicity of Tamaranean with slightly different powers sorta like the Martian races) she and Starfire live in together (as wives, within my alt universe). I've started thinking of how I wanna arrange the typical rooms in this home, but I figured I'd also see if anyone had any thoughts or advice. So far I have spaces selected for their bedroom, the living room, a bathroom (may have a couple bathrooms though), a study/library, kitchen, game room/den, and dining room. I don't necessarily have the items yet (on her specifically, I mean), but I have the locations and most of the items should be very easy to get and many are super cheap on the broker. I'll probably have to get some walls/barriers to make more individual rooms. I'm open to suggestions both for rooms to include and for items to get and use. Also, as I make progress, I can add people to the permissions if they wanna come see that progress. Same goes for any other bases I work on. I'm on US PS/PC, so that's who I'd be able to add.

Would I be able to do a laundry room? Someone suggested I get a Grecian Basket and use that as the hamper, so I'm gonna try to do that. But are there any items I could use to stand-in for the other laundry room stuff like a washing machine and dryer?
    • Like x 2
  2. Achikah All About That Base

Hmm.. You'd definitely need to item combine for a washer/dryer. I'd have to play around and try things to hammer it out fully, but for a rough sketch..

If you wanna go with a modern Washer/Dryer, you'll need to find something circular to penetrate a blocky, mechanical object. For the opening/round window, I think that'd most easily be done with something on the wall that sticks out a good ways. Happiness Home Nightlights are what first come to mind, but I think that'd be way too big..

For the body of the units, a few refrigerator or luxurious showers would work for a stacked washer/dryer, or for a side by side you'd want something stouter like a White Luxurious Chair. These could potentially also be good for the classic, older washers/dryer too since you could use a few and make a hollow center, maybe find a higher backed white chair for a lid. Pressure Gauges -Standing for some buttons to inlay into it, or sideways Municipal Elevator buttons above it for a classic console look.

Again, I'd have to play to really figure it out, see how things connect, how tall they were, etc. Hopefully this gives you a bit of a start though, and I'd love to check it out anytime! Sounds like a fun concept- I always enjoy bases based off people's characters.
  3. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

if you can figure out a washer then maybe you can use the drying rack i think is the name its been a vault drop a few times but its got 4 towels hanging on it (the trinity and aquaman), but you could use that in a laundry area till you get a good dryer combo
  4. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

I prefer to call it the quartet.
    I mean, let’s face it. Aquaman was part of the starting lineup in the Justice League, then the Super Friends.. and the two movies that were the most successful in the entire Snyderverse were Wonder Woman and AQUAMAN!
  5. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

you do what you want..... its still trinity plus aquaman either way would be accurate....
  6. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Maybe instead of a full fridge I could use those Soder Cola mini fridges?
  7. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

those are too small for that but not a horrible idea...
  8. Achikah All About That Base

So, I had a few moments this morning and played around with a few designs. Both are missing pieces I think would accent them/make them more successful, but I didn't have any freed up to add.

Prototype 1: Standard, older Washer/Dryer
    [IMG]
    Overhead:
    [IMG]

Just two White Lux Chairs and a Chair with Sash for the lid. You could also use a Lux Massage chair as well. The component's that's missing are 2-3 Control Boxes I'd stick on the wall to give it the paneled buttons that a Washer would have.

I also tried adding a Safety Cone to the middle for the agitator (that lil centerpiece doo-dad) but the Chair was raised too high to really see it. There's probably something that might work, but I didn't fuss with that part further.

Prototype 2: Stylized Atlan/Tech-based Washer
    [IMG]
    In use:
    [IMG]

I know you said your character's a water-base Tamaranean, so I went with a tech-y/Alien/Atlan theme for this one. It's quite larger than the other washer, so it'd require more space and planning, and it's also wall-mounted, so you'd have to plan for that too. The concept was make it look like the washer/dryer was installed in an alcove, so I off-set it with some chunkier dividers for relief purposes.

The pieces that are missing here are the Atlantean Pipes- Straight that'd connect to the glowing Oxygen one to lead to the ceiling.

Again, these were just a few mock up I threw together. I'll keep playing/tweaking and see if I can find the missing pieces on the broker for a fair price too for a more completed example.
    • Like x 3
  9. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Oooh, thanks, I like the simplicity and practicality of the chair one. I'll check the broker once I finish dailies, pretty sure I saw some on there recently.
    • Like x 1
  10. Achikah All About That Base

Anytime! Always happy to help. :) Happy decorating!
    • Like x 1
  11. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Making a checklist of items to try to get and I wanna get the pride flags for this base but I already claimed last year's on another toon when they first came out. Mepps said last year's items were supposed to return and when they didn't he said that'd be rectified but I still haven't gotten them for this year yet. But apparently some people have already? Weird. I just want mah flags, man. :(

(Speaking of, it'd be fun to have some of the other flags like the lesbian flag, the trans flag, the bi flag, the pan flag, etc.)
  12. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

My list so far:

Grecian Basket
    Aquarium
    Luxurious Toilet x2
    Bombshell Starfire Poster
    Bombshell Dick Grayson Poster
    Counter With Stovetop
    Four White Luxury Chairs to make the washing machine and the dryer
    Luxury Entertainment Center
    Luxurious Standing Shower
    Luxurious Sink
    Black Classic Dining Table and Chairs
    As many Housing Fences as I can get to make rooms
    Lavish Bed
    Mysterious Bookshelves
    Police Station Desk
    Pride Flags
    Pub Standing Bar
    Stack of Ancient Tomes
    Toy Box (for the daughter's room, also need to decide on a bed and dresser for her.

Anything you think I should add to my list? Also, I've found my doorways are too big for the Wayne Manor doors. :(
  13. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

For the bed I suggest the classic style ones. They’re a little narrower than the luxurious or king sized beds and the frilly open canopy and silky bedding makes for good bed for Mommy and Daddy’s little Princess.
  14. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

I just had a thought! What about that fountain that you summon Margar from? That might make a good basin in the center of your washing machine of course every time you try to use it you would end up summoning a Margwar!
    Talk about flood problems!
    • Like x 1
  15. Achikah All About That Base

That's a great idea! I actually was using the Cauldron of Bubbles today to test it out for the same effect and it looked really cool (especially with the bubbles.) However, it is green; not really the type of water you probably wanna wash your garments in, haha. The Morgwar shrine should work great, height permitting.

I don't know if I have one consumed on my main or not at the moment, but I'll post some screens on the Cauldron one, which also has a vase agitator too.
  16. Dene Devoted Player

a magical water spout laundry? OR a broken machine with water pouring all over LOL
    • Like x 1
  17. Achikah All About That Base

Omg, I love that! Hahah!!
    You put one of the Whirlpools from the Splash Pack in the center and then a water puddle beneath it. That'd be so great in the right base! XD
    • Like x 1
  18. Achikah All About That Base

Alright, I'll let it go after this post, BUT I got a bit more time to play around with the washer and I finally got one I'm pretty happy with. It may be green, but it does have interactive bubbles!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

It's the same frame, 2 White Lux Leather Chairs and a Chair with Sash for the lid, but I also added a Cauldron of Bubbles from the St. Pat's event and then a Grecian Fire Urn and a Finely Painted Urn in the center for the agitator. I probably could have centered the urns better, but again, I was just operating on a couple free minutes between seasonal ques and wanted to see if I could find something a bit better than before. :)
    • Like x 1
  19. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Ooooh, nice. Thanks. I'll have to work on getting these things. Could always say the green is just the soap/detergent.... or maybe Tamaranean water is green and they imported some from back home. :p
    • Like x 1