The OG is back - wavedox.net

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Bytecode, Sep 24, 2021.

1. BumblingB I got better.

• Like x 1
  2. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Information is there... but it's only the ID number in many cases. In order to use it you would have to create a local database with your website that maps the ID number to the location, object, feat, etc., and then every time new content drops you would have to update your database manually. Older stuff in the census has a lot more details available when you query it.
    • Like x 1
  3. BumblingB I got better.

The problem is that we would have to know what it was labeled as. The ID numbers mean nothing if we don't know what it is in game. We could probably do a guess for every new item and compare it somehow, but what's the point if they don't help us figure it out.
    • Like x 1
  4. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I'm not disagreeing... think about the zonexus.ca site every time new content drops... it takes a few days for the feats to get mapped and show up in the missing feat checker. And that's just for the feats. The trouble is dedicating a developer or two to create a proper process for updating the census, documenting it, and keeping it going. Something like that is never going to take priority over developing new content or resolving game play bugs in released content. Until someone higher up in the food chain puts a high priority on this and/or ponies up some money for a new hire to do the work, we're going to be stuck with things like this.
    • Like x 1
  5. BumblingB I got better.

It's funny how adamant they were about this, but the moment they laid off the guy who was spear heading it, they sort of gave up on it. It's a useful resource, especially for players who make useful tools. Like the CR Gear Checker from Odyssey or even just Wavedox. Since Leagues are pretty much broken right now.

It would be nice to know if they want to abandon it, then we could just not get hopes up they would be whatever we come up with since it would be on auto pilot at that time.
    • Like x 2
  6. Bytecode Well-Known Player

Yeah man exactly what BumblingB said, last location is no longer a reliable data point.
    • Like x 1
  7. Bytecode Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  8. Bytecode Well-Known Player

Yeah indeed.

I'm setting low expectations that nothing will be ever fixed. If anything good happens, that would be great news.
    • Like x 2
  9. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

"Starts With" or even "contains" could be good imo.
    Seeing all the alts would be interesting but I have a ton.
    I just used it earlier checking some league apps. It helps to see they aren't lying with names, sp, etc.
    • Like x 1
  10. Bytecode Well-Known Player

Thanks! Just deployed an improvement on this, will follow up with a release note now.
  11. Bytecode Well-Known Player

Site Update
    • Top nav Search behaviour improved
      • Now it shows results for both characters and leagues
      • When only one character is found, it redirects to the character profile
      • When only one league is found, it redirects to the league profile
      • When there are both matching results, it shows both
      • Prefix with * to search with contains keyword
    • League Profile
      • Top 5 powers in league
      • Average CR, skill points and PvP CR
      • List of members and their key spec and stats (skill points and power)
    • New ranking system for Top Leagues
      • I'll create a new forum thread to share more details and collect feedback on this one
  12. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Is this site having issues? I have tried searching a few names and every time it gets stuck in searching mode.
    • Like x 1
  13. Eve YouTuber

Daybreak's API is down, so DCUOBot and all other websites aren't working properly
    • Like x 3
  14. Dene Devoted Player

thank you - i was thinking it was on my end lol
    • Like x 1
  15. Revolastion Active Player

Seems like a great idea I'm very interested in the concept of it but when I clicked on the link and got to the website nothing worked on it when I tried using it or searching idk if you not finished building it or not but doesn't display anything other then the main screen loading with 3 color balls rotating but it never loads anything up.
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The census API is down so none of the census websites are going to work.
  17. DurangoKid70 Active Player

not working
  18. Hraesvelg Always Right

It's on Daybreak's end, not Bytecode's. All of the census sites are currently not working.
  19. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Does anyone know what is happening with wavedox.net? I can't even reach the site right now.
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Is there a way to use this to prove that no one on Xbox server has even beat TSWE+ yet? Let alone get feats like "no death" from it.. heh