Seasonal Freeloaders

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by El Guapo, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Zneeak Devoted Player

I just make sure to put them on ignore after the fight is over, but then I have to reignore the same person across all alts, then I have to ignore that person's alts when he switches toons and do the same bum-behavior allover. A fail-safe against non-contributors should be in place, yes, just like in PvP. A non-contributor "evolving" with extra steps to being able to continue staying a bum isn't really a good excuse not to do anything, lol.

While we're at it, up the ignore list-limit. Mine is full of bums.
    • Like x 1
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Count running cogs, pickups, or any other activation as something and make the threshold X of heals, X of power out, X of damage or X of 'activations'. I honestly think they should have this in all content at a higher amount. An event like Spring, there are runs the only thing I basically do is run around putting down the gas distributers, or activating the techs. I doubt I'd have 0 damage, but I guarantee I'd be low if cogs are not counted.

IT would also incentivize people to run the cogs...which sometimes falls on 1 guy or 0 guys if everyone is busy with the pew-pew.

Again, I'd say this could be a benefit in 'real' content as well as many people won't drop their rotations to run a cog as it would impact their imaginary battle against the people they are running with. They just have to 'win' that raid.
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sometimes I am that person because the 10 year old seasonal instances are just so boring that my brain shuts down until its over. I cant help it. :D
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

The free rider problem is well-discussed and studied in all manner of fields. There IS a tipping point whereby the system collapses under its own weight. What if everyone queued in and AFKed? No one would get rewards. If they'd participate, there wouldn't be an "us vs. them", would it? It'd just be us...working to accomplish an end goal. But I'd like to see how you'd quantify how not liking free riders is worse than free riding to begin with. Should be a laugh.
  5. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It's not about not liking them. People are basically demonizing and suggesting to blacklist folks over putting their controller down. They're angry over the most miniscule sign of disrespect imaginable and making a fuss over having to spend an extra minute of their time. Topic after topic. It's just embarrassing. How do you think this behavior translates to their life outside this place?

Who would you rather hang out with? Someone who is a little lazy or an overly sensitive vindictive cry baby that makes a big deal out of everything? So much so that they actually want to rewrite the entire rulebook and prevent it from even being possible for someone to take their precious minute and leech their leet dps. It's pretty obvious who would be the most insufferable between the two.
    • Like x 2
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

100% agree.

Also the instance only takes a few minutes I'll solo the dang thing if I have to lol. Most of the players I get Queued with are all alts that don't bring much to the table anyway. But whine and put people on ignore for something so feeble? Nah I'm good on that toxic mentality. Every player is important in my eyes, even if it's only something as simple as selling items I need, buying items I'm selling, or even putting together a tough feat group later down the line.
    • Like x 1
  7. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

I Know What You Mean.

And Seriously, Why Do Some People Insist On Capitalizing The First Letter Of Every Word They Type When They Post A Message Like It's The Title Of Some Document, Book Or Chapter In A Book? It's Maddening To Read Such Nonsense.

I Mean, Which Word Is The Important Word In The Sentence? Which Word Is The One The Deserves The Readers' Focus? Do People That Type Like This Not Understand How The English Language Works? Or Is It A Deliberate Attempt To Undermine English And Induce Insanity In The Minds Of Those Of Us That Know Better?

Like You Said, "It Shouldn't Annoy Me But It Does Lol. WHY?"
  8. El Guapo Well-Known Player

Are they a little lazy? Maybe some yes, but I've seen ppl literally parked next to the outside cart return bay and leave their cart in an open parking space instead of walking 6 feet to the right or left to return it. They could be lazy or they could be a C U next Tuesday. This post is for the latter lol. They're way too attentive to just chill by the entrance never contributing then leave faster than you can when its done. Some ppl do it intentionally. Just a frustration post its not that big a deal as I said it shouldn't annoy me. I wouldn't take harsh actions against them, its just weird.
  9. Hraesvelg Always Right

I can certainly tell you who I find to be insufferable in this conversation. It's the people that decide that someone else can get rewards without contributing to the project. I'd much rather hang out with people who chip in and carry their weight rather than a bunch of freeloaders not contributing to the pot. In fact, I do. I had several roommates in my youth that barely paid rent, much less did dishes or bought food. I no longer hang out with them.

What's your in-game name? I'll group up with you and you can carry me on my alts all day, since you don't have an issue with it.
    • Like x 5
  10. El Guapo Well-Known Player

I know who you're talking about but, my names Stu......thats between you two.
    • Like x 1
  11. Henoshock Well-Known Player

Is this that serious an issue that you can't even finish instances? Not in my experience.
    Is it annoying and just wrong on principle? Yes.

I don't like to carry random AFK's, but I'll do it for my own marks. Doesn't take too much longer. If they could do something about it that'd be great, but I have little hope of that at this point.
    • Like x 2
  12. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

This has been brought up many times over the years, nothing has been done so far, so I doubt anything will be done about it.

I just finish the mission and put them on ignore, and maybe if I am feeling spicy I will comment something like "thanks everyone that helped out" or "thankfully we had ___ in here.." or "I guess ___ needed to take a massive dump.." :D

Anyhow, in regards to what can be done. As mentioned, restrict rewards or have a auto kick timer if inactive 20-30 seconds at any time during the seasonal.

I would have no issue if I was kicked from a seasonal if I was the one that made people wait on me for whatever reason I had. It is a seasonal mission, it usually queues up quickly and is over quickly.
    • Like x 1
  13. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Those dang speed hackers.

WHY hack the seasonal instance?? It's not like it's super difficult. SMH
    • Like x 2
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

If we're talking the Summer seasonal, my personal pet peeve is the people who rush ahead and trigger both the gate AND the fight before everyone can even get to the gate. I get it, your time is precious, but it IS a group mission. Won't hurt to wait a bit for everyone to be ready. ;) And I'll be honest, part of me at times is tempted to be petty and go AFK on purpose when I encounter that impatience. :p
  15. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Ikr, It was sooo weird, I mean it's not like the Seasonal is all that difficult to start with.
  16. Monkeyboy Committed Player

It's the community's responsibility to help the game devs. AFKers are punishing players, if a group wants to cowardly allow an AFKer to AFK, that's on them.

Stabilizer event was horrible. I would go to the store or watch something waiting for the AFKer to leave or time out. A simple jump by them would prolong these times. The group is being punished anyway. So, why not punish or at least inconvenience the AFKer?
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

A few years ago I did something similar. The guy blew in through the door and shut it before I had even spawned in. I went up to the door and started jumping around. I asked "I wasn't in...why did you start it"....to which I got something like "just use the portal".... "Hmmm, the door won't let me in, weird". I then sat outside cheering them on and hopping up and down...so not 'AFK' but locked out. One of the guys was typing in stuff like 'rally' or 'go into your menu and come back out' stuff, and actually someone died at one point (amazingly as there was a healer in the run)....and then went back in.

About the time OM was going into his last lockdown, I went in and stood in the cutscene. "Finally it let me in". Needless to say I was NOT on my main, but a junk farmer...but it was a fun little diversion. Maybe that guy wouldn't rush straight in the next few times....probably not though. In the end it took me more time to get out, so (as with the AFK'ers), wasted MY time as much as his. Wasn't worth repeating.
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

??? This happens to me about..... 4 times a year???

I just put the guy on ignore.... and never think about it afterwords.

I am surprised to see people mention this so often??

Sometimes when I see the comments..... I think we are playing different games. :confused:
    • Like x 1
  19. Capt. Retro Well-Known Player

100% agree here. This is a scenario where I've actually spent more time reading about it on the forums than actually experiencing any form of irritation from it in game.
    • Like x 3
  20. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

These instances are so easy I rarely notice someone isn't in the room.
    • Like x 2