Mirror Master - Metal Pt. 1: Scarlet Speedster

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SELENEHERONDALE, Feb 15, 2020.

1. TheCMS Well-Known Player

On and off casual DCUO player here. Came back after 2 years.
    Barely managed it at minimum cr with an Atomic character in tank role and 150 sp. The vortex would always spawn mid attack animation so I basically always took some kind of damage. I managed it first time around but if I wasn't in tank role and didn't have sustain, I would be incapable of completing it. Red death fight was even worse. I ended up turtling the whole fight and using my orbital and henchmen. It was honestly so hard and took so long I probably won't run it again until im 280+.
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

??? The Vortex would spawn mid attack??
    Were you trying to finish your Atomic combos before moving out of the Vortex?
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Hello Heroes and Villains,

Minimum CR
    Almost no Skill Points
    Iconic Powers or Movement Powers only

Letr's get this party started. ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. routier1642 New Player

I like the fact that it's challenging but the game's movement mechanics are very frustrating. I see a portal right on me, I start to move away, I get hit, I go into slow motion, then I'm dead. This combat/non-combat speed difference is a horrible crock and I have always hated it. So now a poorly-thought out game feature distorts the way superheroes fight. Blah.

*Thanks* to the people who suggested different strategies! I'll try a few.
    To the people who said: "It's easy, just dodge." - thanks for nothing. Nothing. I bet you're young with great reflexes. Guess what, kid? Not everyone is like that. I'm old and my reflexes are crap now. If you live long enough, you'll be the same. So the other strategies are very welcome.
    • Like x 2
  5. Monkeyboy Committed Player

This is one of those bosses where you have a loadout that's mobile. Try using instant cast powers or a powers that you can quickly cancel. Or just combo move, repeat.
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

the resolution to this is the same for most games and life to some extent
    Learn ABM as a life moto and you will succeed in many things especially games
    "Always Be Moving"
    • Like x 2
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Block and roll, not fly/run/acro away. Or if he's distant from you, lunge him. It's quicker and isn't subject to the 'movement' penalty. 1 roll should be enough, but add tumbling master feet mods if you want to make sure it's a good distance.

Also, if you learn the rhythm, you can roll out the split second he's about to throw the pool. When I ran this daily (don't anymore) I generally never had a pool under me and was 1/2 second ahead of him throwing it. Stay away from 'cast' moves except right after you roll out of a pool (he won't throw another for about 5 seconds), or you'll likely be caught in one and the time it takes to jump cancel out might get you. Also, use moves you can be mobile while you throw. On Fire I would always use things like fireburst or absorb heat which allowed me to walk and throw at the same time, then only use something like Heat Vision right AFTER rolling out of a pool because I know I had the 2 or so seconds I'd be rooted to the spot.

BTW the biggest crock about this run isn't that MM or RD is tough, it's that it's a gate for the entire OW content. Although I was able to run it at entry level with no issues, many were not and I know people that couldn't play M1 Open world stuff till they struggled through this single instance 10x or raised CR by doing other things. Not me, but no OW area should ever be gated by an instance.

And incidentally I'm not young. I'd guess I'm older than 80% of the players here (maybe older than you even)....and I'm 1/2 blind so my eyesight isn't what it used to be either. So I feel you...but dodging isn't just for the young.
    • Like x 1
  8. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

I remember having a hard time when I did this solo without much SP and hardly any amulet. I died a few times, but I passed without using a shield. Watching the videos that you used shield made me jealous. Because it would have been so much easier. When I do a DPS I don't usually put anything defensive. My DPS are always totally offensive. But in solo a little defense helps a lot.
  9. Syntania New Player

No. I think it needs nerfing. Even trying to continuously move I somehow kept getting stuck or slowed down. It was impossible for me to keep moving out of the way.
  10. Greenghost2212 New Player

I beat him using my Sorcery toon. Both healer and dps. Healer role was easy to beat him due to my high res. But using dps was a lil more difficult when u didn't use my shield. But using the shield, a sidekick, and the green barrel should work. And like others said move around constantly.
    • Like x 1
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

What Power Movement did you use?? What weapon?? How many Skill Points?? What CR??
    I am overdue for a new Scarlet Speedster video..... will try it with your specs.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Seriously. I have done this on my worst farmer CR Skip toons, even when it was current. Not sure why people can't get the rhythm of dodging the pools, but I can do this with any power, any weapon with CR skip SP levels (like 90 SP).

Pack a shield, stay away from long cast moves and block and roll, it's not that tough.
    • Like x 3
  13. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Funny that people are like this doesn't need a nurf. This solo has had more threads about its difficulty then any solo ever.
  14. Berza Committed Player

I ran this solo when it released, while I was lying in a hospital bed, using only the 8 buttons from my mouse due to having my left arm's bones shattered. Hit, roll, repeat.
    • Like x 2
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It doesn't need a nerf. Not trying to offend you, but if you can't get past it you are doing something wrong. Lingering too long in the pools, not packing a shield...something. And not saying 'you' you.....but anyone who believes this needs a nerf is obviously failing at something in here, and there are only a few things in the MM fight to worry about....all avoidable.
    • Like x 2
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

No Skill Points
    No Artifact

Mirror Master is in trouble ;)
    • Like x 2
  17. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Wait till you fight The Penguin and get 1 shotted from his pengbots exploding.
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Woof. I was in the process of making a video (I suck at editing and posting), but not sure why with that example of a minimal setup showing all you need to do is keep moving. I was going to forgo the orbital/supplydrop and wouldn't have used dark robins, but the rest is spot on. Heck you even stood in the pools a few times to show it's recoverable with the shield.

Plinky plink shots, shield and keep moving....that's all there is to it.
    • Like x 3
  19. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

-Claps-
    • Like x 1
  20. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Actually i used this instance to get the damage trick lapel and lex war suit collections i made billions on this solo when it was current .but I have had multiple friends struggle to beat this solo cause they was older players that had slow reflexes and one is a pot head with slow reaction time other was a water player that I had to tell her to go in and 1 shot with dehydration. I made billions on that solo and it is cause the drop rate was trash and alot only ran it to unlock the open world. Fact is I run most content more times in my first week then most people run in a 3 month period. I have 30 alts at end game now to mine op piece materials to sell.My problem with the game is devs listening to elite players gate keeping a solo that is key to get into a dlc story line.

I only made a comment cause I remember that this solo was really hard for a couple league mates to beat and some spent 30 minutes just trying to beat mirror master!
    • Like x 1