Question for those currently selling their BB items...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Jun 18, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So I was checking the broker last night just to see how bad things have gone down (Glimmering box was like 10m) and I see a lot of the items that come out of the boxes in there.

My question is 'why'? Why break out a solar, or blue solar or glimmering or gleaming or radiant or whatever out of the box then try to sell it vs just selling the box?

A) boxes stack, auras/mats don't. That leaves the option of listing 2 in a stack, or the fact that inventory fills slower with boxes vs loose items.
    B) If you pick an OG solar but someone really wants the blue solar, you've lost a sale...the box would have offered both options.

Not saying anyone can't do anything they want...it's your stuff, sell how you want. I'm just curious as to why do it this way? This is not a critique. Just wondering if there is a logic to it, like maybe people don't know to search for 'box' so you are covering your bases by dropping in the aura item...or is it mainly an oversight?
    • Like x 1
  2. Aetrius Well-Known Player

Could be they’re offloading stuff they had hoarded now that the BBs are out
    • Like x 4
  3. Jaelia Committed Player

Players are opening so many and not getting premium that they’re left with so many other boxes they don’t know what to do with them lol, so might as well sell them like hotcakes cheap and easy! :D
    • Like x 1
  4. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Now if only someone would be selling the Futuristic Drone..... never see any on the broker somehow. I probably wouldn't be able to afford it, anyway. :(
    • Like x 2
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That's in the Premium Reward Box. Those are going for at least 2 billion, outside the broker's sell limit.
    • Like x 2
  6. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Damn.... it's the only thing I really want all that much (that I have a specific plan for, that is) and I'm not really one of those players that just drop several hundred dollars on a truckload of Booster Bundles until it drops lmao. :p
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm sure that's part of it, but again...if you open 100 BBs, and get 1 at least of every possible rewards box, that's 10 inventory slots stacked...max. If you start opening the rewards boxes, that's 100 inventory slots of auras/mats max. Thats a lot more inventory to manage. Personally if I were shopping for anything from the BB, I'd want the box, not the resulting item, too.
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, Its doubtful you'll see any of those as I'd guess most people getting a premium would either sell the box or if they open it would go for the bigger ticket Cosmic mat or Comic mat (maybe liquid). I think the drone would be a more niche item.

Better start saving for that Premium box.
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

I don't think they are, I think they're people offloading other stuff they already had that's now become far more volatile to keep hoarding in the hope to make bank.
    • Like x 3
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Daaaaammmnnn. I’m glad I got mine for $650M when it first came out.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Might be, but I find it hard to believe that there were that many OG solars stashed away all this time. Saw about 30 in the broker the other night. Could be, but the first 2 days is probably the worst time to offload something you sat on for 5 years. I'm personally holding on to mine for now...what's another 4 or 5 months?
  12. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

at this point im just hoping someone will wanna trade a premium rewards box for the tiger backpack ive had for awhile now
  13. Operation Failure Well-Known Player

I think it's probably to trick someone into buying them somehow. You know, "people who don't realize they come in a box".
    • Like x 2
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Tiger backpack is probably a bit lower, but as it's also pretty rare, that might happen...maybe sweeten it with some $$. Good luck.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

You'd be surprised what some broker deviants have stashed and to what extent (in terms of quantities)
    • Like x 1
  16. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

tried a few different offers just not getting nibbles even.... take that back i had one person ask me if id accept a trade on the premium reward box..... i just logged out lol
    • Like x 1
  17. jolaksi Well-Known Player

Here is why:

Inexperienced, new or lazy players are dont know/dont care about which aura they got from that nimbus, radiant, solar etc aura reward boxes. So they just open and want to see which green or yellow text says to them inn loot selection tab. They do no keep track of which aura they collected or not collected. At the end, they see they collected every possible aura in that specific aura box and they pick a random one or most valuable one.
    • Like x 4
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah. That is definitely a possibility. The 'gotta have 'em all' mentality in this game certainly helps DI much more than it helps us players. Guess it keeps the lights on though....
  19. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

you can blame... i mean thank pokemon for that mentality lol