Booster box opening 20 theory

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Snot557, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Snot557 Active Player

I’m causally wondering is it true if you open 20 it’s almost guarantee a premium box??
  2. Skoll Well-Known Player

It is not guaranteed. 5% chance you’ll get one, that doesn’t mean its 1/20. It means you have exactly that, 5% chance to get it. Probability doesn’t stack. Think of a random number generator on google, put it from 1-100, it has to land on 0-5 for you to win. You’re no closer on you’re 20th bundle than you were on your 1st.
    • Like x 7
  3. Proxystar #Perception

sure, open 20.

(kidding)
    • Like x 3
  4. Snot557 Active Player

Man good thing I wasn’t a sucker for opening 20 of them lol I’ll just wait couple days from now once a lot of people have them just wanting cosmic mat lol
  5. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

During the last Booster Bundle, I opened 25 boxes, and I still didn’t get the Shaded Comic Material. I spent a lot then, but I learned a lesson. I’m not buying Booster Bundles anymore.
    • Like x 3
  6. Eve YouTuber

I opened like 10 and got Premium on my second box... So I think It's just luck.
    • Like x 1
  7. KidKretz Committed Player

pity timers woulda prob been nice thing to add
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not 20, but for sure 21....or 22...or 23...or ....well if you open 'enough' you are guaranteed to get one. THAT at least is true. The problem is that 'enough' is not a number.
    • Like x 2
  9. Jaelia Committed Player

When the comic shaded came out I opened 2 and got
    It, this time I think I opened 8 or 9 no premium, it’s just a random RNG which sucks but equivalent to gambling I guess just gotta keep trying. Or save up in game cash to buy it for 1+ Bil
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It will probably settle at over 2B, so then instead of worrying about the BB scam...you get to worry about the trade scam.

Good luck.
    • Like x 3
  11. Hraesvelg Always Right

There's an extreme edge case to be made that even if you open a box a second from now until the heat death of the universe, you still wouldn't get one...but that's is astonishingly, mind-bogglingly unlikely.
    • Like x 3
  12. Imaginos Dedicated Player

I refuse to pay for pure crap RNG with abysmal chances. IF they actually had that 5% chance stack so you were guaranteed a box after 20, which is still pricy, then it might be worth it if you had some cash on hand. You'd still be forking out 200 bucks for 1.
  13. Snot557 Active Player

Good thing I got like 3bill ready to put down for cosmic mat
    • Like x 1
  14. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

ObsidianChill did a video. Opened 20, no premium.
    • Like x 1
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

It’s a guarantee to be $200 poorer. Sheeesh
    • Like x 3
  16. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Sounds like normal life for me, dammit! :(
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Actually if the world or universe were about to end....I'd be guaranteed to get one on my first attempt. Just so the universe could rub a little more salt in the wound.
    • Like x 2
  18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

With things the way they are I'm loathe to spend any extra cash. I did drop fifty bucks and bought five and got nothing.
    Thats it.
    I'd be willing to trade a nebula or a cosmic chroma i've had sitting in my inventory for a cosmic mat but even then i'm in no rush...
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

As stated by others, probability does not stack. If you open the first one there’s a 5% chance you’ll get it on the first box. If you open a 20th one and haven’t gotten it than you still only have a 5% chance on the 20th open.
    • Like x 1
  20. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

For this drop rate, I would say Smite has a better system. Even Fortnite has a better system. Cosmetic items can be purchased outright at a premium. Smite has a system in which if you had 11 items in a crate, you are guaranteed to collect all items, and obviously, the odds improve the more attempts as the reward window shrinks. Everything has an equal chance to drop, regardless of perceived value or rarity. The catch is there aren't double drops in a set, if you wanted to trade or gift someone, you have the option to do so if one so desires through gifting crates or currency.