Not A Bug Sand tokens doesn't grant sand dollars

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by arcfussion, Jun 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arcfussion Well-Known Player

I just ran the new summer vault and I received a 10 sand dollar consumable token. When finished, I exited the vault , put the token in a consumables slot and consumed it. I had 2 SD's so I should have 12, but alas , I still only have 2. Arcfussion PS4 US server
  2. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

just like the last event it is used towards the token feat, they do NOT give dollars
    • Like x 1
  3. arcfussion Well-Known Player

Then I truly believe the token should not be called a" sand dollar " token as that is quite confusing. It's literally a poor choice of words. Just my honest opinion.
  4. arcfussion Well-Known Player

But thank you for the information anyway.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There is a vendor in the Watchtower/Hall of Doom that converts your unwanted seasonal currency into seasonal "tokens" for the token collection feat and now they've also added them as drop rewards. That's why the tokens share a similar name as the currency but the item description literally spells out what the tokens are for.
    • Like x 2
  6. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I don't know if this is a bug or they were supposed to be removed but those sand dollar coins that drop in the vault if you consume them they give you nothing so its just a big waste of time to consume them so why even have them drop at all? Unless of course its a bug and you are supposed to get sand dollars from them.
  7. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

You're not. It's for Tokens of Merit feat, nothing else. Not a bug.

People should read a description more carefully, I think it says something like "Equip and use it to add to your Tokens of Merit feats". It doesn't say it will give you seasonal currency.
  8. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Ok but why call it a sand dollar token? Just make it a token of merit since that what it apparently is.
  9. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Because it can be bought with sand dollars so you can convert your seasonal currency into tokens of merit?
    Lorax already explained it above.

Not a fan of them dropping, though. x100 are okay but x10 and x1 are kinda worthless. At least they're account bound. :oops:
  10. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Because there are several different ones for the various seasonals and each one is named after the appropriate seasonal marks of currency. There are also others for all of the past different kinds of currencies.
  11. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Well thats just stupid because at the end of the day we're just getting tokens of merit with extra steps and more confusion.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Extra steps?
    Token of merit - Step one. Equip.....Step two. Activate (fist pump). Step 3. put your other item back in.
    Sand Dollar Token - Step one. Equip....Step two. Activate (fist pump). Step 3. put your other item back in.

Seems like the same steps to me.

As far as confusion....well.....I personally didn't have any issue figuring out what they did...but I'm not all that gifted.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  13. thedemonocus Loyal Player

The thing looks like the seasonal currency and thats misleading because most people just glance at the picture like we do with most other currency for quick ID so its easy to miss thats its really just a worthless token of merit disguised as a seasonal coin. All i'm sayin is just replace it with a regular token of merit since thats what it is.
  14. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

It isn't worthless, it is worth more than a skill point if you max out the merit feats, if you like that sort of thing...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.