RHS & Bells Palsy

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by catplaysxoxo, Jun 11, 2022.

1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I find it ironic that I was diagnosed with Bells Palsy a few days ago whereas Justin Bieber was diagnosed with Ramsay Hunt Syndrome recently. Of course none of which can be traced to Covid. The fact that 95% of Americans have had the chicken pox as a child and 4 millions cases are being reported every year makes me wonder why it’s being more common now or at least to those who have experienced it. It’s not fun to try and play video games with only one eye. Though I hope no one gets this illness as it can make you feel very insecure especially long term effects from the paralysis. I never stopped to think if any of the devs are going through anything and all we been doing is bashing their actions, mine included.
    • Like x 1
  2. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

As long as they stayed away from a certain clot shot they’ll be fine. Sorry about your bells pallsy, a friend of mine growing up had it briefly and had to get a steroid shot pr two and it never came back. Hopefully you get lucky too.
    • Like x 1
  3. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

In my opinion, I think we are seeing more classic viruses making a strong return because many people have decided to stay away from vaccines and have not vaccinated their children, either. Before COVID, many people were refusing to get their children vaccinated yet they wanted them to attend public school. What did they think was going to happen? Nothing?

There will always be that one or two viruses that resist the commonplace vaccines; however, there should be little reason for the measles/mumps/chicken pox to make such a strong comeback.

Remember, the devs are human, too. They have their real life issues to deal with along with the stress/joy of their jobs here at Dimensional Ink/Daybreak. They can't fix everything or give players everything, either. The game needs to be as balanced as possible and not everyone is going to fully embrace it or fully benefit from it. That is how online games are in general.

I am so sorry about your medical diagnosis; I hope you can find treatment and recovery so you can get your life back on track.
    • Like x 2
  4. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Yeah I’m taking prednisone and acyclovir. Hopefully because I was able to spot it in time I can fully recover but right now my right side of my face looks like I’m Uncle Ruckus from the Boondocks lmfao!!!
    I just find it ironic that RHS and Bells Palsy is a rare disease or virus but now it’s becoming more common but the scary part is it can stay permanent either way I hope those who were unlucky to get it can recover fully. You know I’m still advocating for a doctor scrub outfit for DCUO. I believe we can make a police and firefighter. They are all heroes.
    • Like x 1
  5. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I worked for a period of time in the statistics department of our provincial Ministry of Health. Going back to about 2005, you started seeing clusters of illnesses pop up that had been all but eliminated. Outbreaks of mumps I remember, and whooping cough. In talking to epidemiologists they, to a person, all warned me (again this was 17 years ago) that future outbreaks were going to become more and more common of illnesses that we had pretty much eradicated, or were previously rare.